Updating a mod script fot FL?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Aranov
x4

Updating a mod script fot FL?

Post by Aranov » Sat, 15. May 21, 17:24

Hello, Please forgive if I'm asking dumb questions, overwhelmed with stuff I'm planning.
I'm working on adding my favorite mods from the AP era to FL, and it's been pretty simple, but I've recently hit a stumbling block with a mobile mining mod.

Drone Mining and Trading System by Zanzal:
viewtopic.php?t=360874

Now, I LOVE this mod, adds XR/X4 style drone mining with TL ships and freight drones. But the mod author hasn't been around since 2018.
I assumed It'd work fine, But to my surprise while mining Nividuim for my own reasons the TL stopped and told me it was out of drones. Turns out the freight drones are running out of battery?

Now, I've never had this problem in AP, so I'm guessing FL changed something with freight drones or mining, or something I can't even imagine.
Far as I can tell the drones should return after 30 min max of mining, and that worked in AP.

Anyone have an idea what changes could be causing the break down?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Updating a mod script fot FL?

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 15. May 21, 17:56

AFAIK, nothing has changed as far as drone energy, other than there is now script commands to get the remaining energy

Also, drone mining is already in the game, if you get the Teladi Drone Carrier, you can use its drones to start mining with

Aranov
x4

Re: Updating a mod script fot FL?

Post by Aranov » Sat, 15. May 21, 19:07

Well nvm, found the issue.

Turns out the one vanilla script being called, !move.returntohomebase, was updated and that broke the recall orders for the drones.
Simple fix, just made a copy of the AP version, renamed it, and changed the drone recall scripts to call that one.

Also, did not know that about the Teladi Drone carrier.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”