[PROGRAM] X3 Editor 2 v2.0.27.0 updated for FL [Unofficial Update]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Aranov
x4

Re: [PROGRAM] X3 Editor 2 v2.0.27.0 updated for FL [Unofficial Update]

Post by Aranov » Fri, 28. May 21, 20:53

So I'm getting around to adding new jobs using this, and found an odd problem on my end.

It seems the following races: Pirates, Goner, ATF, Terran, Yaki, and OTAS are all autofilling-in on save if one is selected.

Step by step example:
Take a job entry, remove all the races assigned to it.
Assign the Terrans. Save the Jobs file, close the editor and reopen it.
Now the Pirates, Goner, ATF, Terran, Yaki, and OTAS are ALL assigned to said job.
For both choice of ship, and ship owner.

This resulted in, among other things, Pirates taking over Legends Home, and the ATF spawning in the Yaki systems.

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Sat, 29. May 21, 00:07

Update 7 released in first post

Job Editor should be fixed now.

I hope it didn't cause you too much headache and mess up your mod files too much Aranov. Many thanks for reporting it, much appreciated!

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 07:51

Update 8 released.

Small fix for an issue with unpacking scripts from .pck to .xml in the VFS where filenames would loose part of their name when extracting as noted by Ramdat here viewtopic.php?f=201&t=436989&start=45#p5061535

I know scripts arent the main focus of X3 Editor 2, but should anyone need to unpack the scripts to .xml format in the VFS they should now unpack properly and not loose part of their filenames.

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 17:20

Forleyor wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 07:51
Update 8 released.

Small fix for an issue with unpacking scripts from .pck to .xml in the VFS where filenames would loose part of their name when extracting as noted by Ramdat here viewtopic.php?f=201&t=436989&start=45#p5061535

I know scripts arent the main focus of X3 Editor 2, but should anyone need to unpack the scripts to .xml format in the VFS they should now unpack properly and not loose part of their filenames.
How do I unpack the scripts into xml?

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 17:28

Ramdat wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 17:20
How do I unpack the scripts into xml?
You can extract the scripts folder in the Cat Manager, Click Scripts folder and then click extract when in the VFS view.

Note though that you will need the ingame script editor to actually load and edit files properly or X Studio from this forum here: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=439195

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 17:31

Forleyor wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 17:28

You can extract the scripts folder in the Cat Manager, Click Scripts folder and then click extract when in the VFS view.

Note though that you will need the ingame script editor to actually load and edit files properly or X Studio from this forum here: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=439195
Ah, that is unfortunate. I was hoping I could simply edit the text without more tools since I only want to change a few numbers. Thanks for your help, though.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 15:09

I appreciate your effort on updating this popular tool for the newest game.

However I'm still using my own CatManager.plugin from here, since in your version using "Extract files" on a folder containing files with more than one dot in its name still produces errors.

Steps to reproduce error:
  • Open VFS for a local game install (I used Albion Prelude)
  • Use "Extract files" button on a suitalble folder (director is a good choice)
  • The plugin will start extracting files into a folder of your choice, stripping the filenames of any string after the first dot (for example 2.001 Terran Plot Scene 1.xml will be renamed to 2.xml
  • When the next file with the similar name gets processed, for example 2.002 Terran Plot Scene 2.xml, it will ask you to overwrite the existing file 2.xml
It was not hard to track down back in the day but I don't think I have the source code for the fix anyone (and would be somewhat pointless, since you changed the code yourself). I hope you are interested in producing a fix for this annoying bug for your version.
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Fri, 16. Jul 21, 16:33

nponoBegHuk wrote:
Thu, 15. Jul 21, 15:09
I appreciate your effort on updating this popular tool for the newest game.

However I'm still using my own CatManager.plugin from here, since in your version using "Extract files" on a folder containing files with more than one dot in its name still produces errors.

Steps to reproduce error:
  • Open VFS for a local game install (I used Albion Prelude)
  • Use "Extract files" button on a suitalble folder (director is a good choice)
  • The plugin will start extracting files into a folder of your choice, stripping the filenames of any string after the first dot (for example 2.001 Terran Plot Scene 1.xml will be renamed to 2.xml
  • When the next file with the similar name gets processed, for example 2.002 Terran Plot Scene 2.xml, it will ask you to overwrite the existing file 2.xml
It was not hard to track down back in the day but I don't think I have the source code for the fix anyone (and would be somewhat pointless, since you changed the code yourself). I hope you are interested in producing a fix for this annoying bug for your version.
Thanks for the report.

I made that fix pretty quickly and only accounted for the scripts folder (I didn't actually know director has files similar to scripts folder honestly), it appears the problem is caused by a Path.ChangeExtension call from microsofts own .dll which is messing up the file names with more than one "." in it.

I have just released Update 9 which should fix the issue everywhere, although If there are any issues on other directories extraction or anything else breaks, feel free to let me know.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Sat, 5. Nov 22, 20:52

Hi, thx a lot for your effort in updating this tool.

Just a question pls:
What does the flag ''PAC'' in the TBullets file stand for ?

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 06:58

unknown1 wrote:
Sat, 5. Nov 22, 20:52
Hi, thx a lot for your effort in updating this tool.

Just a question pls:
What does the flag ''PAC'' in the TBullets file stand for ?
Hey!

I don't check this thread too much these days, sorry!

Although I have no confirmation or ever double checked, I would assume being in TBullets that "PAC" is short for "Partical Accelerator Cannon". Someone correct me if that is wrong though :)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 25. Nov 22, 21:14

CAT MANAGER

Please fix it if possible.

During decompression, the unpacked file is not saved correctly.

Code: Select all

name.pck.*
adding

.pck
to any unpacked files

should be

name.*
in the original version, there is no such thing and everything is correctly unpacked with the correct file names.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 2. Jan 23, 12:57

Looks like we'll have to wait a long time for this minor issue to be fixed.... :(

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 10:55

alexalsp wrote:
Mon, 2. Jan 23, 12:57
Looks like we'll have to wait a long time for this minor issue to be fixed.... :(
Hey, sorry for the late reply, I've been quite unwell since end of December.

I just tried extracing the files in types and scripts folders, and it seems to unpack ok. Can you let me know what files you tried that didnt unpack correctly?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 11:42

Forleyor wrote:
Thu, 9. Mar 23, 10:55
alexalsp wrote:

I just tried extracing the files in types and scripts folders, and it seems to unpack ok. Can you let me know what files you tried that didnt unpack correctly?
In the old version, it unpacks without PCK NAME.DDS. This applies to any files unpacked by CAT TOOL.

https://youtu.be/bZCmQlx9JIQ

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 18:03

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 9. Mar 23, 11:42
Forleyor wrote:
alexalsp wrote:

In the old version, it unpacks without PCK NAME.DDS. This applies to any files unpacked by CAT TOOL.

It seems a fix I made to fix scripts failing to extract properly without their names cut off was causing the names to be labelled wrong, I pushed Update 11 which reverts this, the only thing now is extracting scripts will probably no work again at the moment. can you confirm if it fixes the issue?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 18:49

Forleyor wrote:
Fri, 10. Mar 23, 18:03
alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 9. Mar 23, 11:42
Forleyor wrote:

It seems a fix I made to fix scripts failing to extract properly without their names cut off was causing the names to be labelled wrong, I pushed Update 11 which reverts this, the only thing now is extracting scripts will probably no work again at the moment. can you confirm if it fixes the issue?
Yes, now the files have been unpacked as it should, without PCK. Thank you. :)
Scripts also extracted without problems.

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 01:57

Released Update 12 in first post.

Fixed some inconsistencies in jobs editor, should now write correct data on save.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Tue, 16. May 23, 15:06

Hello Forleyor;

Installed your update today (Thanks by the way!) and there is a couple of issue’s I have come across:

1) When I attempted to run for the first time it complained x3object2.dll didn’t exist. So I am assuming I need to copy x3object.dll -> x3object2.dll (instructions didn’t state); so I copied and renamed
2) Help -> about -> selecting “BOD Compiler” cause app to error with “Unhandled exception…”
3) Error log is giving me 2 errors:
a) Error loading plugin file 'G:\X3\X3 Editor TC\Plugins\3DViewer.plugin':
b) Could not load file or assembly 'SlimDX, Version=2.0.3.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
3DViewer.plugin is located in in the plugins folder
Is there something else that needs to be loaded/done/configured?
4) If I select X3AP.exe under Game executable it automatically selects the correct Game Version. But if the game “Game executable” is set to X3FL and I select Game version x3: Terran Conflict it does not change the Game executable to X3TC
5) Game Profiles: If I click on Rescan games it doesn’t seem to find any x game. I am going to assume it cannot find them due to all my Steam x games are located on my server Example “Y:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict”
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Mon, 22. May 23, 07:49

draffutt wrote:
Tue, 16. May 23, 15:06
Hello Forleyor;

Installed your update today (Thanks by the way!) and there is a couple of issue’s I have come across:

1) When I attempted to run for the first time it complained x3object2.dll didn’t exist. So I am assuming I need to copy x3object.dll -> x3object2.dll (instructions didn’t state); so I copied and renamed
2) Help -> about -> selecting “BOD Compiler” cause app to error with “Unhandled exception…”
3) Error log is giving me 2 errors:
a) Error loading plugin file 'G:\X3\X3 Editor TC\Plugins\3DViewer.plugin':
b) Could not load file or assembly 'SlimDX, Version=2.0.3.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
3DViewer.plugin is located in in the plugins folder
Is there something else that needs to be loaded/done/configured?
4) If I select X3AP.exe under Game executable it automatically selects the correct Game Version. But if the game “Game executable” is set to X3FL and I select Game version x3: Terran Conflict it does not change the Game executable to X3TC
5) Game Profiles: If I click on Rescan games it doesn’t seem to find any x game. I am going to assume it cannot find them due to all my Steam x games are located on my server Example “Y:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict”
Hey!

1) X3Obects2.dll should be installed along with the rest of X3 Editor 2 (latest version from doubleshadows site is: X3 Editor 2-2.0.27.0-setup.exe), can you confirm you installed this? should be no need to rename the dll (Ive only actually seen x3objects2.dll didnt know there was a non 2 version)
2) I dont seem to have this issue: I cant reproduce it, so no info at the moment sorry :(
3) Also cant reproduce, loading fine here too.
4) Unsure about this, for me if I "browse" for any exe it sets that version of the game to the matching game version: closing configuration sets it correctly to what I chose.
5) Sounds like it could a server issue yeah, I have the game installed through steam on D: and rescanning works no problem.

EDIT: I actually dont make changes to the BOD Compiler plugin or the 3DViewer plugin if you have issues with them feel free to install X3 Editor 2-2.0.27.0-setup.exe from doubleshadow site and dont copy my versions see if it makes any difference :) to be honest I should only ship new versions of the plugins I actually change which is mostly Job Editor and X3 Editor2.exe plus my custom x3objectsFLPatcher.dll

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”