List of engine improvements? (potential spoilers)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Killjaeden
x3tc

List of engine improvements? (potential spoilers)

Post by Killjaeden » Sun, 9. May 21, 16:04

Is there a comprehensive list of engine improvements made to farnhams legacy over Albion Prelude?
Or given more context: If there was a total conversion for Albion Prelude, what new/changed features are in this new game, that could make it worth porting over the total conversion to farnhams legacy?
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 9. May 21, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to scripts and modding forum
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: List of engine improvements? (potential spoilers)

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 9. May 21, 17:05

The changes to the Scripts & Modding engine were documented. That would be a start.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Post by Milite Ignoto » Sun, 9. May 21, 21:58

Killjaeden wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 16:04
Is there a comprehensive list of engine improvements made to farnhams legacy over Albion Prelude?
Or given more context: If there was a total conversion for Albion Prelude, what new/changed features are in this new game, that could make it worth porting over the total conversion to farnhams legacy?
Am I detecting the faint chance of a XTC port to Farnham's Legacy? :o

Ormuni
xr

Post by Ormuni » Sun, 9. May 21, 22:40

Milite Ignoto wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 21:58
Killjaeden wrote:
Was thinking with all the new corporate "races" added in Farnham's Legacy that it might now be possible to get the Aldrin race in XTC to work normally and without needing hacks, assuming porting the mod over doesn't prove too challenging or is worth the effort.

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Post by Milite Ignoto » Sun, 9. May 21, 23:19

Ormuni wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 22:40
Milite Ignoto wrote:
Killjaeden wrote:
Was thinking with all the new corporate "races" added in Farnham's Legacy that it might now be possible to get the Aldrin race in XTC to work normally and without needing hacks, assuming porting the mod over doesn't prove too challenging or is worth the effort.
True. And since Terracorp doesn't have a presence in the Expansion Region, there's race slot ready to use!

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 11. May 21, 13:11

Milite Ignoto wrote:
Unlikely. From what i gather, there is no immediate benefit to converting - other than the race thing (which is unfortunate in AP, but really not something that justifies the efford imo). There are quite a few nice script engine additions - but they are only usefull if you actually do something with it.
There are mentions of changed script command, which could prove troublesom (idk yet). Also, changes to T-file structure make it laborious. In addition, some systems (e.g. bailing changes) are redundant, as there already is a solution inbuilt.
I dont really have enough motivation or time to do this.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Post by Milite Ignoto » Wed, 12. May 21, 12:54

The diplomacy system would be a good reason imho. I always found tedious improving relations in XTC, especially with races at -3 threshold, that had all the stations in new sectors red. Forced me to use cheats to make the game lees boring, and with the diplomacy + exploration guild it would breath new life in XTC.
Just my two cents, of course :wink:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”