[Mod] No Dynamic Relations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Aranov
x4

[Mod] No Dynamic Relations

Post by Aranov » Sun, 9. May 21, 13:24

While fixing the Gate Hub, I saw a way to disable dynamic relations, and I took it.
This is kind of taking a sledgehammer to something that needs a scalpel, but I can't make and test the minute changes to keep the system intact.

Install to addon2

Google Drive as I'm feeling lazy and don't want to deal with nexus, download button should be in top right.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D1kqHk ... sp=sharing

As always, I offer no guarantee of future support, for various reasons.
Modified games are able to unlock steam achievements, and are unlikely to receive help from devs, as they can't verify what the mods did.

Notes:
What I did was a simple md file to disable race relations, combined with a global file to remove dynamic relations with corps, and the rep cap with enemies and corps.
This is my custom global file, so it also changes comm (100km), docking(10km) and transporter(10km) distance. Again, felt lazy this morning but wanted to get it out.
Also changes max stored influence to 2000, and eq dock storage amounts up 10x vanilla, and gate hub time between linking is now 1020, from 7200.
......And I boosted scanner ranges for Sats, Stations and Ships..... maybe should have made a new global for this release.

If there's interest I'll redo it with a vanilla global file.

PDouma39
xr

Re: [Mod] No Dynamic Relations

Post by PDouma39 » Sat, 29. May 21, 02:19

Thank you for your mod, works like a charm, but for just now in my recent game when I used to boost the rep with OTAS via diplomacy the rep of several other companies and races went down, but in an other game when trading with such company no rep loss. So strange huh?
Awareness in life is rewarded by many

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 16:08

After the latest update of the game, this mod is not working as intended anymore, at least in my latest new game it isn't.

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 22:55

PDouma39 wrote:
Mon, 21. Jun 21, 16:08
After the latest update of the game, this mod is not working as intended anymore, at least in my latest new game it isn't.
If you are using Cycrow's Plugin Manager, it is easy to make this mod yourself, and without all the extra changes that the OP added.

1. Delete the files you downloaded from this mod.
2. Open Plugin Manager Advanced. Ensure Settings -> Directory control is setup correctly.
3. From the Advanced Tab, select Edit Game Globals
4. Change the following variables to the stated values:

Code: Select all

SG_DYNRACE_FRIEND_ALLY;0;
SG_DYNRACE_FRIEND_HERO;0;
SG_DYNRACE_FRIEND_KNIGHT;0;
SG_DYNRACE_ENEMY;0;
SG_DYNRACE_ENEMY_MAIN;0;
SG_DYNRACE_MAXENEMYNOTO;1000000;
5. Click Save, close the Plugin Manager, play the game.

Aternative options:
1. Edit the vanilla Globals file using X3 Editor 2. This is the same result as above though.
2. Edit the Globals file from this mod to the above values. This will preserve his other changes.

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 23:27

Thank you for explaining, will try it out and edit the globals

Edit: Thanx again, it works

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 13:30

Searching for a script that 'normalizes' the effects of Dynamic relations, I found this thread and the infos/settings in Ramdats post.

As I am not sure if it does more that I want:
If "dynamic relations" is 'switched off' by this mod - is it still possible to improve your relations/rank to a faction?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 8. Aug 21, 17:11

zazie wrote:
Thu, 5. Aug 21, 13:30
is it still possible to improve your relations/rank to a faction?
Yes, it is.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 9. Aug 21, 10:48

thank you

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 5. Nov 21, 14:00

If I want to only reduce the effect an action has on the other races (not remove as in AP), and the bonus on allies too, something like this is ok?
SG_DYNRACE_FRIEND_ALLY;7;
SG_DYNRACE_FRIEND_HERO;5;
SG_DYNRACE_FRIEND_KNIGHT;3;
SG_DYNRACE_ENEMY;10;
SG_DYNRACE_ENEMY_MAIN;5;

Also, which is the parameter to change how many faction points one receives after a mission, in general?
I'd like to reduce, seems to me it increases reputation too fast
Thanks

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 9. Nov 21, 16:22

there has bee nsome changes to the amount of notoriety you get from missions in 1.1 and 1.2.

But to make changes to these, you need to edit the mission files, as these control the rewards the missions will give (including notoriety)

the numbers for the DYNRACE constants are just percentage values. So setting enemy to 10 means that all enemies will lose 10% of the notoriety that was earned

Theres also the min and max notoriety values you can adjust. The Min is used to prevent dynamic changes when below that value, and the max prevents any enemies races from increased beyond this max when friendly races are already above it

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 12. Nov 21, 10:30

Will it work in version 1.3? Or do you need to make some changes again? Thanks. :gruebel:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 12. Nov 21, 11:29

There has been changing to globals. So a new version with the 1.3 file would be good.

But it's not needed, as if the 1.3 entries are missing they will use the default value, which is the same that's set in the file.

I don't believe any existing entries were changed in 1.3

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 10:59

What is the status of this mod with regard to the latest update of FL?
Is the info in this thread still relevant or is it obsolete?

Either way it seems the right place to ask:

What is the best way to disable dynamic relations so that I can play FL with the same approach I took with AP?
I would need simple and detailed guidance as I am no good at scripting and I seem to be getting worse at it.

Thanks in advance

* EDIT:

Found it

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=438356&start=30#p5093995

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”