[Discussion] Generic Galaxy Editing Questions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Realspace
x4

Re: [Discussion] Generic Galaxy Editing Questions

Post by Realspace » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 16:38

Thanks for the help guys, I've finally managed to complete the map and all models. I am proud to say that not one planet is repeated in any sector (sortof), that every sector is unique for atmosphere and music, etc. That the universe has expanded (hopefully) following the lore and concept of FL. I've developed a new idea of how the universe should be connected, gave explanations in sector's descriptions, without renouncing at jumpdrives but they are very limited. Well, just take a look ;-)
https://www.nexusmods.com/x3terranconflict/mods/118
p.s. the music from Litcube is needed:
http://litcube.xtimelines.net/redirect. ... ZoNTQ/view
Btw if the author reads, I'd ask permission to include the specific tracks I used in my map in the next update, with full credits oc

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 12:22

Sorry to bother again but I am facing a very strange issue I think comes form the many sectors added: starting a game makes some sector or gate disappear.
So I reduced the sectors in the map but the problem still happens, not sectors anymore yet some gate still disappears.
It seems related to some shortage of memory in the SAVE file because it happens in late game after some savings. :evil:
Or could it be something else? :gruebel:
Thanks

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 12:52

What do you mean disappear? Not aware of any thing related to that, thought is been a while. How many gates have you added?

MFG

Ketraar

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 13:37

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 21. Dec 21, 12:52
What do you mean disappear? Not aware of any thing related to that, thought is been a while. How many gates have you added?

MFG

Ketraar
They are no more, it happens randomly, not always the same sector. I check the map ingame using the cheat script and large-scan satellites added to any sector that covers thousands of kms, and warping where the gate was supposed to be. Mostly are TOA but many more gates are TOA in my map. So I checked for any inconsistency, like a TOA connecting to a regular gate, but no. The map is ok, gate system is validated. As told if I reveal the map at the beginning of the game, the map is ok (it was not in my initial largest map). After some saving this issue happens. It was worse in my last map, where I used almost all the sectors available (472 max?), then I deleted some sector and it happens less, still in 2 or 3 max randomly. It seems related to the savings, as if they don't store all informations (my guess)

EDIT:
Tested again a new game, sometime misses one or two gate (TOA). Start again, eventually all gates are ok. Save it. Reload, MANY gates (TOA) are no more.
At better look also in a fresh start, most Access Points are no more (warping to them, no signal), many gates missing. It definetly seems a memory issue expecially when saving. Like the map is too big to be loaded/saved correctly. :evil:
Nothing of this happens in Galaxy Editor, where everything is at place

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 21:19

So, I finally figured out the 3.10 RSM HSAP Management was doing its job on my map by making gates not discoverable
This thing was driving me mad, I changed the map so may times, started new game, again... :doh:
Any code to make all HASAP discoverable in 3.10 RSM HSAP Management? please..

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Dec 21, 10:06

You could try removing the MD files and see of it still does ot. That would confirm if its a problem with that.

Also, try removing the setup.x3fl script file as well to check if that might be removing rhe gates.

The scripts removing gates that are not needed, ie ones behind an inactive HSAP like the 2nd sanctuary of darkness/unknown enemy sectors

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 22. Dec 21, 11:28

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 22. Dec 21, 10:06
You could try removing the MD files and see of it still does ot. That would confirm if its a problem with that.

Also, try removing the setup.x3fl script file as well to check if that might be removing rhe gates.

The scripts removing gates that are not needed, ie ones behind an inactive HSAP like the 2nd sanctuary of darkness/unknown enemy sectors
Thank you Cycrow, after checking the 3.10 RSM HSAP Management I am quite sure it depends on it, the sectors/gates disappearing were those called in the L3M10.

Some sector previously having an HSAP have now a TOA and those are the disappearing ones.

I tried changing the HASAP in the map (e.g. Kingdom End Alpha, so not leading to discoverable sectors), by default they are all "not discoverable". Made discoverable and now they show.

Yet, in my map all HASAP leading to hidden sectors should be discoverable still I'd like to have the scripted xenons etc when you open the sector. This is managed in the 3.10 RSM HSAP Management

I've added the new HASAP sectors (and removed not existing anymore):

Code: Select all

<cues>
    <cue name="L3M10" delay="5s">
      <condition>
        <check_all>
          <check_value value="{player.gamestart.group}" exact="100" negate="1"/>
          <check_value value="{player.gamestart}" exact="-1" negate="1"/>
          <check_any>
            <check_value value="{player.gamestart.group}" exact="200" negate="1"/>
            <check_value value="{value@RSM_HSAP_ACTIVATION}" exact="1"/>
          </check_any>
        </check_all>
      </condition>
      <action>
        <do_all>
          <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector1" x="0" y="16"/><!--depth of silence -->
          <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector2" x="1" y="16"/><!--dark waters-->
          <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector3" x="1" y="18"/><!--shining currents -->
		  <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector5" x="2" y="14"/><!--family rhy -->

<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector5" x="4" y="2"/><!--seizewell alpha -->
		    <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector5" x="4" y="5"/><!--brennan triumph -->
          <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector4" x="4" y="11"/><!--preacher's refuge -->

<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector5" x="4" y="14"/><!--rhonkar's trial -->

<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector7" x="5" y="10"/><!--light water -->

<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector6" x="5" y="18"/><!--quite tides alpha -->
		  <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector6" x="6" y="9"/><!--unknown sect -->

<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector9" x="7" y="14"/><!--third redemption -->
          <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector9" x="7" y="18"/><!--unseen domain -->
          <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector10" x="8" y="6"/><!--akeela -->

<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector11" x="8" y="18"/><!--unclaimed -->
		    <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector11" x="8" y="19"/><!--unclaimed -->

<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector10" x="9" y="9"/><!--ianamus zura -->
			  <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector10" x="9" y="15"/><!--to cardinal domain gamma -->

<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector12" x="9" y="17"/><!--consecrated fire-->
          <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector13" x="10" y="5"/><!--profit center alpha -->
          <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector14" x="10" y="19"/><!--lasting vengeance -->

<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector14" x="10" y="12"/><!--moo kye revenge -->

<!--<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector15" x="11" y="11"/>-->
         <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector16" x="11" y="17"/> <!--duke's citadel-->

<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector16" x="12" y="5"/> <!--PTNI head-->

<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector17" x="14" y="3"/><!--mars -->
          <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector17" x="14" y="5"/><!--harmony of perpetuity -->
		   <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector17" x="14" y="13"/><!--argon sec 148 -->
          <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector18" x="15" y="9"/><!--nathan's voyage -->
		  <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector18" x="16" y="13"/><!--queen's retribution to hollow-->

<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector18" x="16" y="19"/><!--xenon sector sotto-->

<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector19" x="17" y="14"/><!--hollow b to c -->

<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector19" x="17" y="8"/><!--midnight star -->
          <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector20" x="18" y="1"/><!--unclaimed -->
		  <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector20" x="18" y="3"/><!--mines of fortune -->
         <!-- <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector21" x="18" y="12"/> gaian star -->
          <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector22" x="19" y="13"/><!--lost order -->
          <!--<find_sector name="L3M10.Sector23" x="20" y="3"/>menelaus paradise -->
		    <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector24" x="20" y="16"/><!--menelaus oasis -->
          <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector24" x="21" y="13"/><!--maelstrom -->
          <find_sector name="L3M10.Sector24" x="22" y="9"/><!--tears of greed -->
          <set_value name="L3M10.RSMCounter" exact="0"/>
        </do_all>
      </action>
      <cues>
Is this necessary or can I simply make them discoverable in the map and ignore this?

What if I delete the <cue name="L3M10_HSAPChooser" check="cancel"> ? Does it make them all discoverable or would it delete other random findings?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Dec 21, 12:20

The whole point of the MD file is to select some of the sectors to use, rather than all

If you prefer to have all HSAP available, then you can simply set them all to discoverable and then not need the MD file at all.

also note that it includes the special blueprints which you may want to still add somewhere

Deniskos
x4

Post by Deniskos » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 16:42

Realspace wrote:
Tue, 21. Dec 21, 13:37
I check the map ingame using the cheat script
What script are you using? Accidentally not this X3FL Cheat Package V1.70
If this is him, then in order for him to open all sectors, he must be modified.

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Mon, 17. Oct 22, 16:18

Is there a way to use the GE (or similar) to 'take over' vanilla NPC sectors (just reassign ownership) manually?

I have my PHQ and massive complexes in Preacher's Refuge Beta, N of vanilla Preacher's Refuge (Paranid). I have vaporized anything that might possibly have been build by the Paranid in that sector, and put down a Free Trade Station. The sector still belongs to the Paranid, and my ships won't fly through it. :evil:

Thanks

Code: Select all

Community Plugin Configuration :: Cycrow :: 1.60 :: 21/03/2021 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Hotkey Manager :: Cycrow :: 1.21 :: 03/01/2012 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Plugin Manager Library Scripts FL :: PluginManager :: 1.00 :: 19/03/2021 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Ware Manager :: Cycrow :: 1.20 :: 10/04/2021 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Cycrow Libraries :: Cycrow :: 1.00 :: 29/07/2020 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Equipment Research and Development :: Cycrow :: 1.00 :: 03/06/2009 :: Station Command :: Yes :: No
Norm's Extended Spacelab HQ :: ZeNorm :: 1.0 :: 8/5/2021 :: General Mod :: Yes :: No
types.zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
Cheat Collection Package :: Cycrow :: 1.70 :: 20/03/2021 :: Cheat :: Yes :: No
Advanced Jumpdrive :: Cycrow :: 1.22 :: 22/07/2015 :: Ship Upgrade :: Yes :: No
500km_Comm_Range_AP (2020_02_23 09_16_47 UTC).zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No
Advanced Complex Hub (2020_02_23 09_16_47 UTC).zip ::  ::  ::  :: - Archive - :: Yes :: No 
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:A wasp can sting you and that just hurts, a hundred stings can be fatal.. and that's before you consider most wasps don't come armed with flamethrowers.
Former Commanding Officer of "Hellbound Handbasket" M7 Panther light Carrier in the mighty fleet of Admiral Leo 'Steve' Kayean.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 17. Oct 22, 16:41

The Galaxy Editor is to make changes to NEW maps. Map changes require a new save or can be "patched" in some ways.

What you want is either a SE or MD script that changes the owner of an existing sector.

MFG

Ketraar

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 14. May 23, 11:03

How are HSAP managed? Is there a new object /gate type to be aware of in the map file?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 14. May 23, 14:07

HSAPs are gates like the rest of them. SS_WG_HYPERSPEED is the sutype and the alsways use the 3A/3B connection, unlike other gates where north/south and east/west have their respective pairings. Otherwise they are setup like other gates.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”