[Discussion] Generic X3FL S&M Questions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Forleyor
x4

Re: [Discussion] Generic X3FL S&M Questions

Post by Forleyor » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 05:25

Ramdat wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 00:08
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sat, 5. Jun 21, 15:35
The whole agent system is done via scripts. So you want to look into the addon2\scripts folder. Agent commands are labelled as such. The script being responsible for moving the agents is !agent.move. Reducing the waits would be an easy way to reduce the overall travel time.
Thanks.

How do I reduce the time of the actual tasks? There seems to be some oddities with the X3 Editor 2, with the unofficial update.

When I use "open from VFS" to open "!agent.cmd.stealequipment" it instead opens "!agent.cmd.stealequipment.menu". If I use "open" instead of "open from VFS", and try to open the "!agent.cmd.stealequipment" file directly, it only allows opening it in the debugger, which is empty. The behaviour is the same for every other agent script.

Also, is it possible to increase the amount of agents that the player can own at one time? Currently it is capped at 5.
Hey,

X3 Editor 2 doesnt have a script editor built into it, you will either need to use the ingame script editor or X Studio. X Studio has a work around version for FL if you want to edit outside of the game, although you will need to check the instructions to get it working with FL.

EDIT: Just released Update 8 to X3 Editor 2 Unofficial Update which should fix the weird naming issue when extracting scripts from VFS, I didnt fix the issue with opening scripts from VFS since you dont really ever need to open the scripts with VFS as far as I know. Now you should be able to atleast unpack all scripts to xml format if you need to.

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 16:01

How is price of blueprints offered by Explorers Guild calculated? Does it depend on race rank? What variables are to change if I want to change price?
Мир всем народам на свете.
Нам не нужна
Война!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 19:26

Ramdat wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 00:08
Also, is it possible to increase the amount of agents that the player can own at one time? Currently it is capped at 5.
This is done via "soft" cap in the 3.01 Generic Missions.xml that controls what missions are offered.

Code: Select all

<set_value name="this.L2M137" exact="1" chance="{player.sector.quota.XFXX}*40*(5-{player.ownedagents.count}-{value@AGENTMANAGER})*{player.headquarters.exists}"/>
<set_value name="this.L2M109" exact="1" chance="{player.sector.quota.XXXT}*40*(5-{player.ownedagents.count}-{value@AGENTMANAGER})*{player.headquarters.exists}"/>
The 5 is the Agents cap, increasing that will make missions appear until you reach the new number you change it to. Note though that it also has a impact in the frequency of these missions being offered, unless you change the base factor (the number 40). basically this is the lowest chance when you get close to the max agents. So if you would add a cap of 10 this would raise the "spawn rate" of these mission for when you DONT have any agents to 400% making them apear well more often then the other mission in the combat group.

If you dont want any cap just remove (5-{player.ownedagents.count}-{value@AGENTMANAGER}) and adjust the chance (40) to something closer to the the other mission chances. Not sure what hapens if peopel would go nuts and have 100+ agents...

MFG

Ketraar

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 22:43

UnknownObject wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 16:01
How is price of blueprints offered by Explorers Guild calculated? Does it depend on race rank? What variables are to change if I want to change price?
if you wanted to change the cost you would have to edit the script, plugin.expguil.rewards

but its based on the cost of the item. Common ships (those at shipyards) are at 1x rate, and rare ships are 2x

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 00:28

Thanks for the previous help, Ketraar.

How would I force an existing HSAP to unlock? One of them does not display the beacon locations, so I can't open it.

Deniskos
x4

Post by Deniskos » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 15:29

Is it normal that the number of running scripts in the game version 1.2 is 17000+ copies?
https://i.yapx.ru/M2Pvn.jpg

Most of the scripts that run are turret scripts.
https://i.yapx.ru/M2Pvr.jpg
Last edited by Terre on Sun, 20. Jun 21, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

olsch
x3ap

Post by olsch » Thu, 24. Jun 21, 23:52

Dynamic relations script
I've asked this over in the german forum already, but didn't get an answer. Maybe someone here can help?
I am looking for the script, that applies the dynamic relations. I'm not talking about the globals.txt, but the script file, that contains the logic. The file that reduces my Paranid notoriety when doing missions for the argons (as an example).
I looked through several related scripts unter addon2/scripts but could not find it.
Can someone give me a hint?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 25. Jun 21, 00:03

There isn't such a script as it's done internally, controlled by the values from globals

What is it your trying to accomplish

olsch
x3ap

Post by olsch » Fri, 25. Jun 21, 08:17

Thank you for your reply.
My biggest issue with the dynamic reputation is that you don't know in advance how much your reputation with the enemies of your mission giver will be affected. You can easily drop from friend to foe from just one mission. (Pros and cons of this have been discussed at other parts of this forum.)

My approach would be the following, kind of "second chance"-mechanism:
If I have a rank of +3 or above with any faction, doing a mission for their enemy should only drop my rep to 0 (or maybe -1, would have to test what feels better), but not immediatly to enemy-level. A reputation drop from any further mission would not be affected, since I am now below +3.
On the other hand, if I am at rank -2 or below, doing a mission for the ally of this faction could not get me above rank 0 (or +1).

This would ease the low-reputation fluctuations, I hope. But I don't know, if it can be done, if this is controlled internally.

Mokunen
x4

Post by Mokunen » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 05:42

I'm working on migrating my AP Station Boarding script into FL. How should the following command be migrated?

START $source.ship-> command [COMMAND_DOCKAT] : arg1=$target.station, arg2=$target.station, arg3=null, arg4=null
X-Studio II doesn't accept it as-is ("unexpected token in command 'START' "), and removing START also makes it error out saying "command must be executed asynchronously".

Deniskos
x4

Post by Deniskos » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 07:23

Mokunen wrote:
Sat, 26. Jun 21, 05:42
X-Studio II doesn't accept it as-is ("unexpected token in command 'START' ")
Everything is working

start [THIS] -> command [COMMAND_DOCKAT] : arg1=$arg1, arg2=$arg2, arg3=$arg3, arg4=$arg4
In the X-Studio II, in the START place, you need to write start :wink:

Mokunen
x4

Post by Mokunen » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 11:48

Deniskos wrote:
Sat, 26. Jun 21, 07:23
Mokunen wrote:
Sat, 26. Jun 21, 05:42
X-Studio II doesn't accept it as-is ("unexpected token in command 'START' ")
Everything is working

start [THIS] -> command [COMMAND_DOCKAT] : arg1=$arg1, arg2=$arg2, arg3=$arg3, arg4=$arg4
In the X-Studio II, in the START place, you need to write start :wink:
:lol:

That's just amazing :D Thanks for the help!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 26. Jun 21, 11:51

olsch wrote:
Fri, 25. Jun 21, 08:17
Thank you for your reply.
My biggest issue with the dynamic reputation is that you don't know in advance how much your reputation with the enemies of your mission giver will be affected. You can easily drop from friend to foe from just one mission. (Pros and cons of this have been discussed at other parts of this forum.)

My approach would be the following, kind of "second chance"-mechanism:
If I have a rank of +3 or above with any faction, doing a mission for their enemy should only drop my rep to 0 (or maybe -1, would have to test what feels better), but not immediatly to enemy-level. A reputation drop from any further mission would not be affected, since I am now below +3.
On the other hand, if I am at rank -2 or below, doing a mission for the ally of this faction could not get me above rank 0 (or +1).

This would ease the low-reputation fluctuations, I hope. But I don't know, if it can be done, if this is controlled internally.
you could try editing globals, and setting, SG_DYNRACE_MIN_CAP;0;

this is the minimum value that is effected by dynamic changes, any race below this value will not get any negative values, or cause any negative values when increased

olsch
x3ap

Post by olsch » Sun, 27. Jun 21, 13:14

Thank you for your suggestion, but wouldn't that completely stop factions from becoming enemies through DR? That is not my aim. I like the idea of the DR-System very much. The only problem I have, is that I don't know in advance how much a mission for, e.g. the Argons, will influence my rang with the Paranids. This can lead to friends becoming enemies in just one mission (if Argons are at +8 and Paranids at +3), or me not doing missions for the Argons anymore. That's why I asked about the possibility to create a "second chance".
For now I am going to stick with Vanilla/unmodified and fine-tune my relationships with agents (which is probably how this is supposed to be played :wink: )

Should I decide to change the globals, I would probably do it like this:

//169
SG_DYNRACE_ENEMY;20;  <--- lowerd
SG_DYNRACE_ENEMY_MAIN;10;  <--- lowerd
SG_DYNRACE_MAXENEMYNOTO;3333 <-- also lowerd, not sure about the best value here
This way the reputation loss is softened, on the other hand I can not buy high-end military equipment from two opposing factions.

signalizer

Post by signalizer » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 12:09

Does military transport latest version works on FL? Even with argon's hero rep, i can only here beeping sound what i click flightplasn hot key and there is no military transport in universe. also, parking a ship into a military outpost with cargo life support and leutenant doesn't pick anyone up.

Does military transport require any action to be started? plz help

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 01:34

I have 3 questions that I am hoping could be added to a future update.

1. I will understand if no is the answer, but I am hoping at some point in the future the developers could add a toggle to this feature to make it optional. I was thinking under options when you first run the startup before you click start. And turning it off would obviously disable to achievements connected to it. And this could be an option that applies solely to the start of a new game. This might make a lot of people happy, and still allow those that want the challenge to use it.

2. I was also hoping a tag could be added to indicate you have a blueprint already for a ship you are about to purchase. Or maybe add an entry/section in the encyclopedia for owned blueprints. I know we can just check the phq, but sometimes if you close the interaction the ship your looking to purchase, it may not be available once you finish checking your phq to see if you have it already.

3. Some of the random sellable ships/blueprints when you enter a system, still appear if you don't have sufficient notoriety. Can we get these hidden if your not allowed to complete the transaction?

One final question I was curious about.
Spoiler
Show
I know that you can get a Gamma Kyon blueprint from one of the unexplored sectors. I have not seen any Khaak ships beyond the fighter show up. Is there a way to obtain the Destroyer or Carrier? Or a plan to add them back in?
If I put these in the wrong thread I apologize.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

dirkf
x3tc

Post by dirkf » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 11:00

Is there a way to have a custom script autorun in a custom galaxy only?

Basically if I start a new game in a custom galaxy it runs, but when I start a different game it is ignored by the engine?

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 02:49

What I hope is a quick question, Is it possible for modders to play around with the dummied out factions in FL? I refer to Darkspace,Industitech, Beryll and the Corps 1 and 2.
Found them using the cheat package, and would like to get Darkspace up and running just so there is a Terran corp.
So far I see issues with missions spawning (Seems simple, just add them to the MD cues) but "unlocking" the faction in the faction screen I haven't figured out.

So would this be possible, or is it hardcoded?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 10:33

yes you can use those races. The named ones are actually fully implemented, Darkspace is a corporation for Terrans.

To enable it, you need to remove the disabled flag.

remove race flags: race=Darkspace, flags=2097152
to make it show up on the player status, the race just needs to be known.
this can be done via the set known command

$race = Darkspace
$race -> set known: true
This will happen automatically if they own sectors, and would get unlocked once the player visits

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 15:50

Ok, took some troubleshooting but Darkspace is still having problems.

They have sectors, stations and jobs.
The number didn't seem to work as a flag. I instead used the constant [RaceFlg.Known]. That got them on the pilot sheet.
However they aren't showing in Diplomacy, thus no influence.

And am correct that I have update the mission director files for each mission? I see there is a "terrangroup" mentioned, are they already defined in there? if not, is there a way to update "terrangroup"?
And a concern I thought of, Terran jobs all have the ".raceonly" trade script, which will stop them form trading with Darkspace.
Starting to think I can see why they got cut.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”