[Discussion] Generic X3FL S&M Questions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Argonaught.
x4

Re: [Discussion] Generic X3FL S&M Questions

Post by Argonaught. » Tue, 25. May 21, 19:49

Question on LFL in globals file,

Which setting for the LFL expandes or reduces it's activation range?

I've explored the entire galaxy, it took forever to do, and gathered all detected items.
From what I understand over time some cans may respawn and I'd like to forgo the mapping of systems again for loot so wish to expand the range to detect everything available when I enter a system no matter where it is.

Some things aren't detected if they are beyond a certain point.
I tried setting the first range to SG_LFLPOINTER_ICON_FAR_DISTANCE;3000000; but no luck detecting a crate I knew was there because I tested it from the opposite side of the system.

Is there some hidden setting somewhere to alter it's detection range?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 25. May 21, 20:24

The range items trigger at are individual for each item, rather than a global settings.

you could edit the spawning script, but this will only effect newly created ones.
otherwise you could write a script that gets them all and adjusts their range

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Wed, 26. May 21, 00:05

Thanks for the reply and info Cycrow.

Unfortunately scripting would be too hard for me to learn now. But maybe I can brush up on the MD and see what can be achieved.

Was thinking of updating my Menagerie Shipyard for FL, but have forgotten most of what I learned making that, so can't promise anything there.

Many thanks.
Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Deniskos
x4

Post by Deniskos » Thu, 27. May 21, 12:58

Is nosteam.exe planned?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 27. May 21, 15:21

Yes but not before we have stable release.

MFG

Ketraar

blazenclaw
x3ap

Post by blazenclaw » Thu, 27. May 21, 20:30

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but- could a modder or someone with access to the game files get me a list of which faction relations have SG_DYNRACE_FRIEND_HERO? The ingame encyclopedia shows both SG_DYNRACE_FRIEND_HERO and SG_DYNRACE_FRIEND_KNIGHT as "Friend", whilst they differ in how they share notoriety (thanks again Cycrow!). Alternatively just posting the full set of interfactional relationships under a spoiler tag or something does the same if that's easier, doesn't matter to me.

I'm growing increasingly confident in my analysis of the dynamic reputation mechanics to write a guide on steam/wherever for new players and those who dislike the system and would prefer an easier approach or guide on how to easily manage it, but would like to make sure it's as accurate as can be before cleaning up the info and writing. Granted this HERO/KNIGHT difference has an impact smaller than 1 part in 25, but it's the principle of the thing :D

Of course, numbers are also possible to change as further updates are released, but it should be simple enough to update the guide/lists accordingly if the changed values are posted :wink:

Additionally- could I get confirmation regarding SG_DYNRACE_MAXENEMYNOTO (Survival guide: This is the maximum amount of notoriety an enemy race can have. If you have a race with more than this value, any of them enemies will not be able to go beyond this point) that this applies to both ENEMY and ENEMY_MAIN ("Enemy" and "Hostile")? I'd assume so, but good to double check.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 27. May 21, 21:46

The only race that has Hero is Argon <> Goner
the rest are all knight

Deniskos
x4

Post by Deniskos » Fri, 28. May 21, 16:05

Why was the system with custom names invented of sectors?
Argon Prime alfa, beta, gamma etc.

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Sat, 29. May 21, 16:38

Quick question, is it possible to add new station sizes for upgrading, or to change what the production modifier per size is? or is it hardcoded?

My main issue is Solar Power Plants, especially Terran ones, are impossible to complex in numbers I sometimes need.
Thought of this while trying to squeeze 8 XLs into one plex.

As an aside, experiences from that monster complex I mentioned:
1. The in-game complex planner is awesome and you guys should be proud. But it almost makes designing a monster complex to easy.
2. Jump Beacons, if obtained, are bugged in that you can try to add them to a complex, which resulted the complex hub losing its connection to any factories.
3. If you build enough stations to use all the greek letters, station names just append a readtext error with an id that will increase with each station.

Altruist
x3ap

Post by Altruist » Sun, 30. May 21, 22:32

Lured back after some years by FL... and having forgotten so many things:
Ahem, are scripts and mods for TC and AP compatible with FL? Or does it need dedicated FL-mods to run properly?

chip56

Post by chip56 » Mon, 31. May 21, 08:46

Altruist wrote:
Sun, 30. May 21, 22:32
Lured back after some years by FL... and having forgotten so many things:
Ahem, are scripts and mods for TC and AP compatible with FL? Or does it need dedicated FL-mods to run properly?
Depends on the mod.
Some mods work fine.
Some work partially
Others dont work.

From what i have seen the following work:
RenameShipswithExpression
Memia AutoScan Freight
Ressource free factions (though that one is incredibly OP in combination with the station upgrades)

Partially or with caveeats:
numeric_ranks: Not all ranks have a number
Memia AutoScan Asteroids: you dont get discovery points for scanning

Dont work:
Mobile Repairs
Advanced Jumpdrive
Ship claiming software mk2

Deniskos
x4

Post by Deniskos » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 17:40

Deniskos wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 16:05
Why was the system with custom names invented of sectors?
Oh, I got it, this is very convenient in creating your own unique universe. Thank you ))

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Sat, 5. Jun 21, 03:34

How do I reduce the time required for agents to travel and complete tasks?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 5. Jun 21, 15:35

The whole agent system is done via scripts. So you want to look into the addon2\scripts folder. Agent commands are labelled as such. The script being responsible for moving the agents is !agent.move. Reducing the waits would be an easy way to reduce the overall travel time.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 00:08

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sat, 5. Jun 21, 15:35
The whole agent system is done via scripts. So you want to look into the addon2\scripts folder. Agent commands are labelled as such. The script being responsible for moving the agents is !agent.move. Reducing the waits would be an easy way to reduce the overall travel time.
Thanks.

How do I reduce the time of the actual tasks? There seems to be some oddities with the X3 Editor 2, with the unofficial update.

When I use "open from VFS" to open "!agent.cmd.stealequipment" it instead opens "!agent.cmd.stealequipment.menu". If I use "open" instead of "open from VFS", and try to open the "!agent.cmd.stealequipment" file directly, it only allows opening it in the debugger, which is empty. The behaviour is the same for every other agent script.

Also, is it possible to increase the amount of agents that the player can own at one time? Currently it is capped at 5.

Forleyor
x4

Post by Forleyor » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 05:25

Ramdat wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 00:08
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sat, 5. Jun 21, 15:35
Thanks.

How do I reduce the time of the actual tasks? There seems to be some oddities with the X3 Editor 2, with the unofficial update.

When I use "open from VFS" to open "!agent.cmd.stealequipment" it instead opens "!agent.cmd.stealequipment.menu". If I use "open" instead of "open from VFS", and try to open the "!agent.cmd.stealequipment" file directly, it only allows opening it in the debugger, which is empty. The behaviour is the same for every other agent script.

Also, is it possible to increase the amount of agents that the player can own at one time? Currently it is capped at 5.
Hey,

X3 Editor 2 doesnt have a script editor built into it, you will either need to use the ingame script editor or X Studio. X Studio has a work around version for FL if you want to edit outside of the game, although you will need to check the instructions to get it working with FL.

EDIT: Just released Update 8 to X3 Editor 2 Unofficial Update which should fix the weird naming issue when extracting scripts from VFS, I didnt fix the issue with opening scripts from VFS since you dont really ever need to open the scripts with VFS as far as I know. Now you should be able to atleast unpack all scripts to xml format if you need to.

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 16:01

How is price of blueprints offered by Explorers Guild calculated? Does it depend on race rank? What variables are to change if I want to change price?
Мир всем народам на свете.
Нам не нужна
Война!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 19:26

Ramdat wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 00:08
This is done via "soft" cap in the 3.01 Generic Missions.xml that controls what missions are offered.

Code: Select all

<set_value name="this.L2M137" exact="1" chance="{player.sector.quota.XFXX}*40*(5-{player.ownedagents.count}-{value@AGENTMANAGER})*{player.headquarters.exists}"/>
<set_value name="this.L2M109" exact="1" chance="{player.sector.quota.XXXT}*40*(5-{player.ownedagents.count}-{value@AGENTMANAGER})*{player.headquarters.exists}"/>
The 5 is the Agents cap, increasing that will make missions appear until you reach the new number you change it to. Note though that it also has a impact in the frequency of these missions being offered, unless you change the base factor (the number 40). basically this is the lowest chance when you get close to the max agents. So if you would add a cap of 10 this would raise the "spawn rate" of these mission for when you DONT have any agents to 400% making them apear well more often then the other mission in the combat group.

If you dont want any cap just remove (5-{player.ownedagents.count}-{value@AGENTMANAGER}) and adjust the chance (40) to something closer to the the other mission chances. Not sure what hapens if peopel would go nuts and have 100+ agents...

MFG

Ketraar

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 22:43

UnknownObject wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 16:01
How is price of blueprints offered by Explorers Guild calculated? Does it depend on race rank? What variables are to change if I want to change price?
if you wanted to change the cost you would have to edit the script, plugin.expguil.rewards

but its based on the cost of the item. Common ships (those at shipyards) are at 1x rate, and rare ships are 2x

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 00:28

Thanks for the previous help, Ketraar.

How would I force an existing HSAP to unlock? One of them does not display the beacon locations, so I can't open it.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”