Submissions to Community Library

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Submissions to Community Library

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 15:28

Rules for having your scripts & mods added to the Community Library

If you want your script to be included in the Library let us know the link to a thread in this forum about it. Just post the link in this thread in the format described below, and we'll do our best to keep the Library up to date. Please do not request that we add scripts or mods created by someone other than yourself to this list. If you want someone else's script or mod listed here, pm them and ask them to post that they agree to have their work listed. Also, don't post to reserve command slots for a script you are currently working on. Only completed scripts can be added to the list.

Requirements

When Posting Slot descriptions the actual command needs to be explained in the text not just the script, also in addition remember that command slots are an endangered species and if you post a script with many slots that could be combined into less slots your script will not be linked. See
This Thread for info //

Descriptions for new objects, such as ships, weapons, and wares, belong to Text Page 17 ("Boardcomp. objects"). Make sure that neither Text Page 17 nor Text Page 300017 has the ID's that you plan to use. And naturally avoid collision with already posted page 17 entries.

Text Indexing Policy Clarification

We have essentially two blocks of allowed Text Files: 1000--6999 and 7000--9999, but only one allowed Text Page block: 7000--9999.
  • Therefore, Text Files in range 1000--6999 cannot reserve corresponding Text Page. Use these files unless you need dedicated text page. For example, a ship mod can add necessary ship descriptions to page 17 from these files.
  • From now on it is implicitly assumed that Text File ID in range 7000--9999 may use the corresponding Text Page ID, which is therefore reserved.
  • Only the Text Page ID's that do not correspond to reserved Text File ID, will be listed.
A submitted mod must be in a cat/dat either as a mod, or a false patch. As apricotslice explains here, sneaking a mod as a script causes unnecessary suffering for all of us.

Rules Update for authors : READ IT [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]

[Vogon Notification]
I've made 2 slight addendum's to the rules, first extra rule 5 over use of scripts and mods for your own work.

Secondly, I've added a request over permission to use your scripts and mods in other people's work, From now on, please add if you permit others to use your work with credit, the examples below are all that are needed and there will be no argument or debate over people's choices over this request :), neither will anybody here be writing eulas for their work:

see the rules for more info on this request

Code: Select all

[new post in the topic (unedited)]

Example 1:- These scripts/models are free to be reused in your scripts/mods as long as you say thankyou in your topic

Example 2:- You are not allowed to redistribute these scripts and/or models without my express permission

Example 3:- You are not allowed to reuse nor redistribute these scripts and/or models

If you have active topics (where if you posted now it would be hidden deep in the topic) please add a link to the agreement post in the first post in your thread.

You may ignore this request if you wish it is not a requirement, any threads that do not contain this info will be automatically deemed as off limits for distribution by others.

Please use this thread for granting permission

3rd Party Permissions Index Here.

[/Vogon Notification] LV

Link code for download icons

[ external image ]

[url=http://www.thedestinationforthelink][img]http://www.egosoft.com/img/button_download.gif[/img][/url]
[ external image ]

[url=http://www.thedestinationforthelink][img]http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/x3tc/plugins/spk.png[/img][/url]

If you require any clarification post in this thread!
LV wrote: Example Post

*****Note*****
This is a request not a requirement!
Please allow a few days from when you release the script to posting a link here so any showstoppers you may have missed are dealt with. The aim of this thread is a library of scripts that are stable and of benefit to the community.
Ta, LV :)

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=105272]Race Response Fleets[/url] by LV
Post the link to the thread in this format with your plugin name and author details. Add the category of your script e.g AL Plugin/Combat?Trade/Utility.....

Just drag over your selected text and press the code button to add the box.

2. Add the t file reference and also text pages and log files if necessary as per the current format (ID: Author, Script Name)

8804: LV, Race Response Fleets
3. If you are adding a ware paste it like this

28;0;0;0;0;68;5843;0;4215;1;1;0;4215;-100000;0;0;SS_WARE_SW_NEW10; 118,336 credits

Hull Repair Technology by LV 
4. Post your commands in this format

<t id="559">COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_59</t> : Pay Fines - Race Response Fleets by LV 
5. If you add something to the text page 17, post the Text ID's in this format

For Page 17:
9867--9868: Tenk, Terran M6 Normandy
6. Add a SHORT description of where the script/mod goes

RRF by LV : Combat Scripts

Reveal All Sectors Script by LV: Cheats

7. Add if your script mod changes any vanilla feature

RRF t8804: over rides stock Jump to Sector command for M2 class ships only 

Your finished code should look like this, every entry must have your name against it

AL-Plugin: Combat

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=105272]Race Response Fleets[/url] by LV

8804: LV, Race Response Fleets 

28;0;0;0;0;68;5843;0;4215;1;1;0;4215;-100000;0;0;SS_WARE_SW_NEW10; 118,336 credits: Rapid Response Drive : RRF by LV

<t id="559">COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_59</t> : Pay Fines - Race Response Fleets by LV

RRF by LV : Combat Scripts

RRF by LV: over rides stock Jump to Sector command for M2 class ships only 

Example

<t id="558">COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_58</t>  :Race Response Fleets by LV 
<t id="559">COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_59</t>  :Race Response Fleets by LV 
<t id="560">COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_60</t>  :Race Response Fleets by LV 
The above is Not Acceptable

<t id="558">COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_58</t> : Pay Fines - Race Response Fleets by LV 
<t id="559">COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_59</t> : Change Notoriety - Race Response Fleets by LV 
<t id="560">COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_60</t> : Protect Ship - Race Response Fleets by LV 
You see the difference, each command needs a description of what it does.
The reasoning behind this is because it gives everybody more information into what a script does and will help when the lists are filling up also :wink: .

Also when you link if you specify which script group you want the thread link it helps both us and you but it's up to you if you add this piece info :)

You may not reserve any command slot or ware until your script is finished but you can reserve t file numbers (max 1 per time, no blocking of number ranges)

Ignore the format rules and your post simply will not be linked :wink:

Recommended Image

Notes

Overlord

Re: Submissions to Community Library

Post by Overlord » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 09:23

Hi,
i have never nodded before would it be much work for me to change the sector control so that I can take over any sector ??? I love everything else about fl but that would really compleat the game for me thanks in advance

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Wed, 16. Jun 21, 10:05

MOD - FLXRM 1.0:

URL:

[url=https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=201&t=439763] FLXRM [/url]

t file:

9950 ; FLXRM

Page 17, Page 9:

FLXRM by -XeNoN- : Mods

9950 FLXRM : New ship names, customised lasers

ITFUncleDave
x3fl

Post by ITFUncleDave » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 17:23

Ship Commands

[url=https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=201&t=444086]Refuel me[/url] by ITFUncleDave

8249: ITFUncleDave, Refuel me

Custom command slot 10000
<t id="10000">COMMAND_DTI_REFUEL_ME</t> : Refuel me - Refuel me by ITFUncleDave
[Added to here - Cycrow]

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”