[MOD] Unoffical Patch : V1.3.14 : 2024-02-28

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Unoffical Patch : V1.3.4 : 2022-11-06

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 15:28

That change was actually done in the hardcode rather than in the scripts so it's much more difficult to change on it's own

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 16:29

Cycrow wrote:
Mon, 13. Mar 23, 15:28
That change was actually done in the hardcode rather than in the scripts so it's much more difficult to change on it's own
Thank you for enlightening me, it wasn't necessary but I appreciate you taking the time to do it.
Once I get bored with using the pandora finds to clone a fleet of super Falcon Haulers I will try out the patch, I am sure it will be worth it.

cheers.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 19:40

I'm currently working on a improvement for the custom turret priorities, I want to contribute here. (e.g. exclude space suits as targets if they aren't marines)
Are there any wished new priorities?
I plan:
m6 and equal size (big ship but not huge ship)
Missile Barrage defence
Strong Missile defence

Can you look up owner change in the hardcode, there is some action that overwrites ship settings if they are repaired at HQ.
And it would be nice to add a settings part to HQ loadouts.
something like equipping HQ loadout X also sets missile resupply, jump energy and turret commands.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 19:47

the repair queue i think changes the owner of the ship. Some settings are stored as player only, so they could be getting wiped. This should be easy enough to fix.

for the Settings, loadouts already do include settings, all of those values are stored in the loadouts. Although there was an issue with using the script commands to edit them, but they have been fixed in this patch

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 19:56

I'm pretty sure turret commands are not part of the loadout although they should be.

Oh and removing a ship from repair queue doesn't work, only way is to undock it.
My X3 Mods

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 23:11

the repair queue is fixed in 1.3.5

i just check the turret commands, and they are working fine for me. They are saved in the settings

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 00:50

Than I might have a broken install, will reinstall patch later.

Anyway I have something nice for 1.3.5: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k29gjmn50kcrz ... k4.7z?dl=1
A massively improved turret script. Tried it on an enemy Kobra(loaded to the brim), my Boreas deleted it without receiving a single hit.
Contains:
fix for unnecessary turret downtimes
civilian space suites are now ignored
3 new priorities:
Attack big but not huge ships
Strong Missile Defence
Missile Barrage Defence
minor fixes
My X3 Mods

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 18:04

It could be a little too good if a Boreas (at its current price) can obliterate a Cobra (at its current price) without getting a single hit? Might need to rebalance missiles and missile ships in turn to correct for that.
Where is it?

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 22:53

If a ship looses by turrets not firing due to bugs, that is wrong balancing, the new result hints the script is now almost bug-free.
You can't balance around bugs.
And Boreas is extremely strong against M7M:
Its downsides don't matter really, you don't need much but hitting guns.
Boreas is fast.
Boreas can mount much and exotic guns, it has very much versatility with flak, beams...

@Cycrow interested in modifing the dyn relations?
There should be more than 5 settings imho.
lower limit to lose rep with this faction and other factions should be separate labels.
dyn rel strength should have different settings for cooperations vs races.
a special setting dyn rel corp to its main race would also be nice.
They don't need to differ from vanilla, having them would make modding dyn rel much easier.
My X3 Mods

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 14:23

If I were to make one change, I'd make armored transports (TS-AT, like Consus) and heavy transports (TS-HT like Lotan) boardable. Those ships cost a few mil each when repaired, more than some M6s. Being able to just make them bail is simply too good to be true. I captured dozens of Duke's Athenas and Darksapace's Mercators. With a good satellite network and the new smaller sectors, I can literally just browse the galaxy to find them all and ambush them. Force them to bail and get paid tens of millions per as little as an hour of work.

Player should make an effort to capture them, hire and train marines and then use them to take those ships. Shouldn't just be able to make them bail bu unloading entire frontal battery into their shield and hull and then demanding they surrender. It's just too easy the way it's now.

If we're asked to use marines to capture TMs which cost pennies in comparison, TS-AT and TS-HT definitely should demand the same.
Where is it?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 19. Mar 23, 00:22

Unfortunately it's not really possible to make them board able.

The boarding routines are built into the big ship class which a TS isn't.

It won't be easy to move them and won't be possible to do while maintaining save game compatability.

Maybe a possibility would be to adjust the bail and surrender chance based on the ship value, so more expensive ships would be less likely to bail

Agimar
x3ap

Post by Agimar » Sun, 19. Mar 23, 08:31

Well, at least a good solution. A TM however, is a „military“ Transporter but a TS stays a TS.

So, making it harder, to capture them, will be nice.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sun, 19. Mar 23, 21:21

There is an option, but it might not be a nice one.
Boardability is defined per class.
A TS sub type TM class ship is boardable and not capturable.
It would still be labelled as TS and get a TS id string.
This would only affect new ships though, old ones are capturable.
And I don't know how much can break by differing class and subtype, of cause both could be changed to TM.
My X3 Mods

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 19:01

delray wrote:
Sat, 18. Mar 23, 14:23
If I were to make one change, I'd make armored transports (TS-AT, like Consus) and heavy transports (TS-HT like Lotan) boardable. Those ships cost a few mil each when repaired, more than some M6s. Being able to just make them bail is simply too good to be true. I captured dozens of Duke's Athenas and Darksapace's Mercators. With a good satellite network and the new smaller sectors, I can literally just browse the galaxy to find them all and ambush them. Force them to bail and get paid tens of millions per as little as an hour of work.

Player should make an effort to capture them, hire and train marines and then use them to take those ships. Shouldn't just be able to make them bail bu unloading entire frontal battery into their shield and hull and then demanding they surrender. It's just too easy the way it's now.

If we're asked to use marines to capture TMs which cost pennies in comparison, TS-AT and TS-HT definitely should demand the same.
Personally, I'm not into that idea. The game is hard enough, because it has a long history of development and improvements. If one finds that something is quite easy, they always could accept their own challenge, like not to capture AT ships at all. :) From my point, adding content is more preferable. As an example, as it was suggested before there could be an option to steal jump beacon from the UFO.

Adjusting the bail chance looks like a compromise, along the preventing ship to surrender if it has enough hull. For example, it has chance to bail only if it has less that 50% of the hull. It would mean that player has to spend some money to repair it, so capturing these ships wouldn't be just a getting millions for free.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 22. Mar 23, 14:40

How about those three:

1. Police bounties. They'd ideally scale with the combat rank, better fighters getting paid more for keeping the sectors clear of enemies. But if they can't, just raise them a little, especially for killing capital ships. In the ideal world these would pay enough that it'd actually be a nice early game career to be a cop and make a good buck scanning smugglers and sinking them for bounty. Now it's just pennies, barely pays for the ecells.
2. Mission to buy a map of local sectors. Should have a check whether sectors are actually unknown to the player and not appear if they are known. Past early game, this mission only spams the player, serves no purpose otherwise.
3. "Apply Loadout" has a quirk where if you have saved "fuel resupply quantity (jumps)" set to 160 in a saved loadout, it'll actually set the ship to 159 jumps instead.
Where is it?

Agimar
x3ap

Post by Agimar » Wed, 22. Mar 23, 21:47

How about bounty-hunters hunting the player if he‘s a bad guy?

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 21:00

Would it be possible to increase the maximum of missiles or energy cells ships can automatically resupply?

At the moment, if you go through the weapons ("G") menu, you can only resupply no more than 160 missiles of each type (160 mosquito, 160 wasp etc). Same for energy cells, max fuel is 160 jumps, meanwhile additional resupply command only allows max of 159 items to be placed on the ship. This is way insufficient in many cases and causes extra micromanagement on player's side. I feel like those quotas were set back in the Reunion days and never revisited.

Maybe it could be boosted that to max 500 missiles/jumps/anything or 1000 in the next version?
Where is it?

Agimar
x3ap

Post by Agimar » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 08:48

I like that suggestion!

In addition, drones should be added as supply in the weapons-menu like missiles.

AND space-flies!!! Very important! :D
Maybe even Satelites.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 00:44

You can already have ships automatically restock any custom ware you want. Through "Additional Resupply" in their command console. It's as limited as general resupply though, to maximum of 159 units of something.

I don't know if it's a difficult thing to do or an easy thing to do, but similarily - it'd be great if we could order more than 10 boarding pods to be produced at the HQ at the same time. How about 100?

I feel like an unnofficial patch mod is a perfect way of addressing those tiny grievances and irritations that normally would be too small for devs to go over.
Where is it?

Agimar
x3ap

Post by Agimar » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 13:44

delray wrote:
Sat, 1. Apr 23, 00:44
You can already have ships automatically restock any custom ware you want. Through "Additional Resupply" in their command console. It's as limited as general resupply though, to maximum of 159 units of something.
I know. It's very annoying. ;-)
Adding Missiles and Ammunition is quite.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”