[MOD] FLXRM - X3 Rebalance Mod for Farnham's Legacy (23/04/2023)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

alexalsp
x4

Re: [MOD] FLXRM - X3 Rebalance Mod for Farnham's Legacy(1.1) Initial release 1.0 (7/6/2021)

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 13:57

Here's an updated Materials file:

FLXRM1.1a Updated Materials
Thanks for the fix.

And yes, I forgot to open access via a link to YouTube - I opened it, although it doesn't matter anymore ...

Waiting for the version for FL1.2

And notice this. If you do not update the Editor, then it does not correctly save such files for FL, cutting off some lines. Your file has 1246 materials, but there should be 1248. Maybe I'm wrong ...

For information.

-XeNoN-
x4

Re: [MOD] FLXRM - X3 Rebalance Mod for Farnham's Legacy(1.1) Initial release 1.0 (7/6/2021)

Post by -XeNoN- » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 16:17

I have everything updated already

BYarchitect
x4

Post by BYarchitect » Tue, 24. Aug 21, 16:55

Any news about update?

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Thu, 26. Aug 21, 13:54

Currently postponed got RL stuff that i need to take care of first sorry for the delay

grayx

Post by grayx » Sat, 28. Aug 21, 19:14

-XeNoN- wrote:
Thu, 26. Aug 21, 13:54
Currently postponed got RL stuff that i need to take care of first sorry for the delay
Big respect and thanks for the effort. Frankly, without this mod, FL is... incomplete experience imo. There are so many good/actually working features in XRM that I find playing vanilla FL as if playing beta:)

I was wondering, I haven't played the unmodded FL that much, but I think NPC and our ships don't use a docking computer, jumpdrive (except emergency escape) nor any other equipment even if they have it (for some, probably, good reason). A definitely good feature like "station manager" is "somewhat lacking" and there is no way that I can think of Xenon's spawning in Xenon/Khaak sectors could be stopped (vanilla, regularly) or sector claimed, is it possible to enable those things in this mod?

As for the reasons I'm asking this, using a docking computer (If a ship is in a certain docking range it should automatically dock in the same manner as a player using a docking computer) and jumpdrive makes a ton of sense as it frees up CPU time (no endless docking procedures, pathfinding problems, accidental collisions, etc), adding more dynamic and life in the game, but also gives some kind of perception of AI to the NPC vessels.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sat, 28. Aug 21, 19:32

grayx wrote:
Sat, 28. Aug 21, 19:14
-XeNoN- wrote:
Thu, 26. Aug 21, 13:54
Big respect and thanks for the effort. Frankly, without this mod, FL is... incomplete experience imo. There are so many good/actually working features in XRM that I find playing vanilla FL as if playing beta:)

I was wondering, I haven't played the unmodded FL that much, but I think NPC and our ships don't use a docking computer, jumpdrive (except emergency escape) nor any other equipment even if they have it (for some, probably, good reason). A definitely good feature like "station manager" is "somewhat lacking" and there is no way that I can think of Xenon's spawning in Xenon/Khaak sectors could be stopped (vanilla, regularly) or sector claimed, is it possible to enable those things in this mod?

As for the reasons I'm asking this, using a docking computer (If a ship is in a certain docking range it should automatically dock in the same manner as a player using a docking computer) and jumpdrive makes a ton of sense as it frees up CPU time (no endless docking procedures, pathfinding problems, accidental collisions, etc), adding more dynamic and life in the game, but also gives some kind of perception of AI to the NPC vessels.
Currently FLXRM is without any scripts and most of the features in FL are advanced version of X3 AP XRM that are already present, next update will be just a bug fix when i catch the time and later on maybe ill do more features but for now it will stay as is because performance of the game in FL is much better than AP so yea ill wait abit for the more immersion stuff for now :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 28. Aug 21, 22:07

grayx wrote:
Sat, 28. Aug 21, 19:14
some ships in FL do use the docking computer and many use the Jumpdrive. Carriers with Carrier Command Software and Managed ships will make use of the docking computer

however, allowing all ships to use jumpdrives comes with numerous issues
if all the traders to just jump everywhere, they will be able to move goods much more efficiently, this reduces the chance of the player to be able to trade, as there wont be any trade opportunities, also ships will less likely be killed, which acts as a resource sink. This will limit the ability for the player to sell large production from their factories.
This will also limit piracy for the player, as finding ships flying around, especially in border/pirate sectors will be very limited.
jumpdrives will actually increase the number of docking procedures, because ships will be trying to dock much more often, this will result in more CPU time being taken up.

Too many ships docking from a distance will end up beating the player to any trades that are available.
using both will eliminate the trading game completely

grayx

Post by grayx » Sat, 28. Aug 21, 23:36

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 28. Aug 21, 22:07
some ships in FL do use the docking computer and many use the Jumpdrive. Carriers with Carrier Command Software and Managed ships will make use of the docking computer
Ah, didn't know that. Thanks.
however, allowing all ships to use jumpdrives comes with numerous issues
if all the traders to just jump everywhere, they will be able to move goods much more efficiently, this reduces the chance of the player to be able to trade, as there wont be any trade opportunities, also ships will less likely be killed, which acts as a resource sink. This will limit the ability for the player to sell large production from their factories.
This will also limit piracy for the player, as finding ships flying around, especially in border/pirate sectors will be very limited.
jumpdrives will actually increase the number of docking procedures, because ships will be trying to dock much more often, this will result in more CPU time being taken up.

Too many ships docking from a distance will end up beating the player to any trades that are available.
using both will eliminate the trading game completely
No doubt you've thought about this way too many times that I have, and one of the reasons why this game is so close to my heart is your amazing work. Consider this as my ignorant opinion, and tip of the hat for that to you too, sir:)

That said, maybe it's not the right thread, but it always ends up with balancing or game mechanics issues. I liked an idea, way way back maybe a decade ago, that jumpdrives were XXL size in some of the major mods (like only M1/M2 ships could have used it and required a huge amount of energy) which limits its use and changed the dynamic of the gameplay. The whole gameplay tactics have to be changed as a result of this. Also, maybe jumdrives should be almost prohibitively expensive? But, if the ship has it, it should be able to use it. As for docking computers, I understood the issues that arise, but at least our ship should be able to use it. It's a long time since I've played it, but I think XRM enables the use of docking computers for our ships.

I'm fully aware that this "instantaneous travel" thingy (be that jumpgates, jump beacons, teleportation devices, docking computers) must be hell from a balancing standpoint (not to even mention "suspension of disbelief" issues), but those are the starting premises from the first X game iirc. But, then again, the whole idea of factories all around sectors has no rational sense also (maybe "Expanse" TV series is the latest example of what humans think is "real" in the future). But, we still like it:)

So sorry if I've maybe derailed the thread, just my 2c about all things X, eagerly waiting for this mod;)

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sun, 29. Aug 21, 14:26

I mean mod is available as is now hehe

FL 1.1 is stable enough without too many issues though while 1.2 fixes some annoying bugs that were present for certain styles of playthrough though
As i remember 1.1 fixed critical stuff and 1.2 fixed remaining ones
Anyways ill update the thread when i catch time

BYarchitect
x4

Post by BYarchitect » Thu, 2. Sep 21, 12:10

Will you planned add xrm terran m7 ships?

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Fri, 22. Oct 21, 09:17

Hello. Do you still plan to update this to 1.2?

Thanks.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 17:03

Any progress in your not easy business?

When to expect a new version? This year or new year?

snarfies
x3

Post by snarfies » Sun, 26. Dec 21, 02:38

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 17:03
Any progress in your not easy business?

When to expect a new version? This year or new year?
Nope, its dead.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 15:31

Ok i would ask users to stop spreading false claims that either the mod is dead or abandoned, the update will arrive when it arrives

So i would ask for a patience cause it's not the only project im working on

Thanks

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 04:10

Thats great to hear XeNoN. I have been checking in daily. Thanks for your time on this!

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 22:58

Very good. This is how we stimulate the author))) Let's not let him forget that we are waiting. :D

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 13:25

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 28. Dec 21, 22:58
Very good. This is how we stimulate the author))) Let's not let him forget that we are waiting. :D
I don't want to speak for -XeNoN-, but I dont think that has the effect you think it does, especially in modding projects that require a lot of work. As modder all I want to hear is "how can I help", everything else is just annoying imho, more so if people start making stupid claims in the authors name.

MFG

Ketraar

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 11:07

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 3. Jan 22, 13:25
alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 28. Dec 21, 22:58
I don't want to speak for -XeNoN-, but I dont think that has the effect you think it does, especially in modding projects that require a lot of work. As modder all I want to hear is "how can I help", everything else is just annoying imho, more so if people start making stupid claims in the authors name.

MFG

Ketraar
It doesn't have any effect at all, and you're totally right about everything

I could close the thread for all i care, i made this project at first for personal use and it was my choice to share it

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 13:30

If you think so, then you can not do the mod, not share, close the branch, delete the mod. It should be pleasant for you and stimulate interest when players are interested in the state of work on a mod, which means that the players are waiting for the mod. But if this annoys you, then do as you see fit.

Moreover, earlier you announced the approximate date of the new version, which raised questions about the state of work on the mod.
Write in big red letters - the date or work continues, there is little time, and no one will ask you questions every day, but every week or month)) Or maybe a year, depending on your patience))

In any case, we are waiting for the mod and hope that it will be released when it is ready.

:wink: :)

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”