How to change dynamic relation system?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Godalmighty83
x3

Re: How to change dynamic relation system?

Post by Godalmighty83 » Mon, 10. May 21, 19:55

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 10:42
I split this from the unbalanced script request topic. I think it's more fitting to have an own topic.

You can make adjustments to dynamic relations by modifying addon2\types\globals.txt. See the respective section of the survival guide.

Not seeing types in the Addon2 page via X3 editor 2.

Just:

loadscr
mods
mov
scripts
soundtrack
t
01-05.dat
lang
res
x3 files

I found a types/Globals in 04.dat?
Xtended Mod Player.
Boron Hammerhead Pilot.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 10. May 21, 20:28

Most game files are stored in the catalog files. Within the 04.cat/dat all files are located under "addon2". Under "types" you find the Globals files you want. After extracting it to your game folder - the file should be located in x3 terran conflict\addon2\types then - it's a simple text file that can be edited with any text or xml editor.
extract Globals.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Godalmighty83
x3

Post by Godalmighty83 » Mon, 10. May 21, 21:14

Got it thanks, edited within x3 editor itself.

Game is coming up as modified so taking that as a sign it worked.

Will I have to redo those changes after any future patches etc?
Xtended Mod Player.
Boron Hammerhead Pilot.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 10. May 21, 21:16

If you keep your file extracted, then it has the highest priority, and will always overwrite what's in the catalog files. If it's within a catalog file, then the globals file in the highest numbered catalog file will take effect.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 10. May 21, 21:52

At least at my end, something isn't right:

1. I removed the modified globals.txt and uninstalled the game.
2. I reinstalled and launched a new game. No modified tag.
3. I put the globals.txt back and launched the game. Modified tag.
4. I started a new Paranid Excellency game.
5. The only thing I then did was dock with the PHQ and buy some engine and rudder extensions for the Hyperion, then moved to Duke's Citadel and dock with the Paranid Equiment Dock, where I bought some software.

Which resulted in a rep drop for Argons and Borons.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

austinwolf069

Post by austinwolf069 » Tue, 11. May 21, 07:35

yes finally took forever this fix does not stop the game from showing the major changes but it doesnt effect you actual rep

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 11. May 21, 12:35

ah yes, it probably does still show the message, as its only checking the ranks, not the amount of points that change.

maybe i will adjust this in a future patch

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 20. May 21, 21:52

OK, I'm either getting something wrong (v possible), or this is not working as expected. I started a new game this morning, I have what I think is the right globals.txt file in the right place (just checked it again, it has the correct edits), the game is reading it - my game is "modified". If I change the file name to .bak and start a new game that game does not have the "modified" tag.

I did a Paranid start. I haven't run a single mission for any faction. I consistently get Argon and Boron rep loss (ie what is displayed as a percentage when you look at your pilot status) when I trade with the Paranid or blow a pirate / Dukes / Xenon ship up in Paranid space. From my admittedly limited understanding this is not what I should be expecting to see.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

XenithBladePrime

Post by XenithBladePrime » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 18:06

RegisterMe wrote:
Thu, 20. May 21, 21:52
OK, I'm either getting something wrong (v possible), or this is not working as expected. I started a new game this morning, I have what I think is the right globals.txt file in the right place (just checked it again, it has the correct edits), the game is reading it - my game is "modified". If I change the file name to .bak and start a new game that game does not have the "modified" tag.

I did a Paranid start. I haven't run a single mission for any faction. I consistently get Argon and Boron rep loss (ie what is displayed as a percentage when you look at your pilot status) when I trade with the Paranid or blow a pirate / Dukes / Xenon ship up in Paranid space. From my admittedly limited understanding this is not what I should be expecting to see.
I've been getting the exact same thing as RegisterMe, read the thread and edited the globals file as instructed yet I'm also getting rep drop. Are there any additional lines that need to be altered that haven't been mentioned before? I haven't altered the:
SG_DYNRACE_FRIEND_ALLOWCORP;1;
SG_DYNRACE_MIN_CAP;-10000;

What I have edited is the:
//169
SG_DYNRACE_FRIEND_ALLY;0;
SG_DYNRACE_FRIEND_HERO;0;
SG_DYNRACE_FRIEND_KNIGHT;0;
SG_DYNRACE_ENEMY;0;
SG_DYNRACE_ENEMY_MAIN;0;
SG_DYNRACE_MAXENEMYNOTO;1000000;

Anyone have any pointers, I'd appreciate it a hell of a lot.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 20:40

there was a rounding error when using 0, which causes some small loses still.

this should be fixed in 1.2, along with the notoriety change display no longing displaying for 0 values

XenithBladePrime

Post by XenithBladePrime » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 10:53

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 20:40
there was a rounding error when using 0, which causes some small loses still.

this should be fixed in 1.2, along with the notoriety change display no longing displaying for 0 values
Oh awesome, fair enough. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it :)

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”