Calculation table - Version 1.2

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Myo
x3

Calculation table - Version 1.2

Post by Myo » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 17:33

Contents:
1. Introduction
2. Download link
3. FAQ
4. Version Information
5. Contact Info.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Introduction
I know that sometimes it can take a while to work out how much you need to equip ships or set up factory loops, and I find I usually have to resort to guesswork.

So, to try to help this, I've put all the data into an Excel Spreadsheet to make it simpler. All that is needed is for you to type in how many of each ship/station/weapon/piece of equipment that you want, and the table will give you the total amount that it will come to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Link
To download this table click here. And please provide feedback of what I can do to improve it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. FAQ

Q. Wheres the Equipment and Station Stuff?
A. Try the labled tabs at the bottom.

Q. Can't you have thousand separators to make the credit totals easier to read?
A. If you like you can add them in yourself:
khanis wrote:making the money amount have commas is easy people. Just highlight all the total column items dealing with money and Format Cells to Currency. Highlight, right click, format cells, select currency, click OK.
All versions other than version 1.0 have this fixed.

Q. [Name] hasn't been included. Can you add it?
A. See the Readme, if it isn't already listed as planned, then PM me and if its a good idea, and I can do it, I will add it.

Q. [Name] doesn't work/ isn't correct.
A. I'm not infallible, if theres something wrong then PM me and I'll correct it.

Q. How do I use the upgrade part?
A. All the upgrade values are at their max, so no fiddling with percentages or anything, simply type the number of ships in the appropriate column and select 'yes' from the appropriate drop-down box.

Q. Its read-only, I want to remove that.
A. Right click on the icon, and remove the tick from the read-only box, this should get rid of it. (This has been removed, and is only active in the first few downloaded tables of version 1.2)

Q. I don't like the colour, how do I get rid of it?
A. There should be a grey button above the '1' row label and left of the 'A' column label. Right click this, click 'format cells', 'patterns' and under cell shading select 'No colour'.

Q. I don't like the borders, how do I get rid of them?
A. Same as above, only after clicking 'format cells' click 'border' and select (under presets) 'None'.

Q. I can't read it, how do you make it bigger like in the previous version?
A. Its not actually resized, just zoomed out slightly. There should be a box in your 'standard' toolbar which has a percentage in (should be 75%), just change this to zoom in and out. If you can't see the box click on the arrow which reveals the rest of your options on the standard toolbar (it should be to the right of the ? in a speech bubble, the 'help' button). This should bring up a few more options including a button which says 'add or remove buttons', click this and then 'standard'. Then simply select the zoom option, it should add a zoom box.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Version Information
Version 1.2 –
Information on engine upgrades, rudder upgrades and cargo hold upgrades. Also some formatting changes to try to help user-friendliness.

Version 1.1-
Added Product and Resource lists for factories.

Version 1.01-
Thousand commas added in, I can’t believe I forgot them. :roll:

Version 1.0 -
All basic tables believed to be completed, lists of all buyable ships, stations and weapons. Calculations believed to be correct.

Planned for next version:
Lists of additional equipment required for a basic set up per ship for ease of calculating.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Contact Info.
Any problems, don't hesitate to contact me. Preferably via my G-mail address:
cjmyo1@gmail.com
However you can also use my hotmail address (mentioned in the Readme):
cmyo996@hotmail.com

Great thanks to Rushyo for having hosted it for me.
Last edited by Myo on Sun, 9. Oct 05, 21:26, edited 17 times in total.
[ external image ]
My X2 Ship, Station and Equipment Calculation Table
X3 Ship, Station and Equipment Calculation Table Coming Soon!

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 17:38

Super WOOOT. :D Thats so swish.

Dont suppose you can add comma's aswell. I cant see the million mark.

Edit: Didnt see the other pages. Thats a Mega WOOOT all round then.
Last edited by Xenon_Slayer on Tue, 30. Nov 04, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Bonners
x2

Post by Bonners » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 17:51

Edited Out - erroneous information
Last edited by Bonners on Tue, 30. Nov 04, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

Myo
x3

Post by Myo » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 17:51

The stations and equipment are already in there, on different pages (look at bottom, there should be tabs to change page).

As for the commas between thousands :headbang: . That was an almost unforgivably stupid thing for me to leave out. I'll put them in right now, and the new version should be up by tomorrow.
Last edited by Myo on Tue, 30. Nov 04, 18:18, edited 2 times in total.
[ external image ]

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 17:53

Man this rocks a mod should make this a sticky or put it in the guide, this is very useful

:D

Cheers cant wait for the next version
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 18:06

Bonners wrote:All of which is fine and splendid and well done for the hard work... except that the prices fluctuate according to your Rankings with the Race from which you are proposing to purchase...
Thats not true. Only the price of renting a TL. Im sorry hireing.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Logaan
x4

Post by Logaan » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 18:07

:thumb_up: Nice one, very handy
Ill add it to http://logaans-site.co.uk/x2 in just mo :)

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 18:11

)I kno this would be an extremly long and tedious task but having CargoBay Extension, Engine Tuneings and Rudder Optimization for each ship would be a good thing.

To help with taht im sure if you taught (or tehy taught themselfs) how to implement it all (i think i have the hang of it when i accerdently deleted a bitof teh codeing and couldnt be bothered to load up a new doc :P )

Im sure including myslef we woudl help you in that task (I will once i got X2 and money to try this out :D)

Dun suppose you could pm me when you have the new version on the forum? i might miss it with school an all

Thx for a great thing and like i said should be stickied
:D

Myo
x3

Post by Myo » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 18:12

Thanks for all the compliments. If you get any ideas (other than those outlined in the readme for future implementation) for it, don't hesitate to suggest them.

BTW:
I kno this would be an extremly long and tedious task but having CargoBay Extension, Engine Tuneings and Rudder Optimization for each ship would be a good thing.
Thats already planned for a future version (see the readme) but for which one, I cannot say (it'll take a while to sort out).
Dun suppose you could pm me when you have the new version on the forum? i might miss it with school an all
Yeah, sure. If anyone else wants me to PM when then next version is ready then just ask.
Last edited by Myo on Tue, 30. Nov 04, 18:17, edited 2 times in total.
[ external image ]

Bonners
x2

Post by Bonners » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 18:15

Mea Culpa!

I shall remove my erroneous posting and leave others to edit out their replies to tidy this excellent thread.

Sorry

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 18:17

Oh yeah i just had a proper look at the readme :lol:

Myo
x3

Post by Myo » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 18:28

Note: if you need help with it, want to offer a suggestion, tell me of incorrect data or something like that and you can't seem to contact me, try the UNCC boards at www.rushyo.com/uncc as I check there pretty much every day.
[ external image ]

khanis
x2

Post by khanis » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 19:37

making the money amount have commas is easy people. Just highlight all the total column items dealing with money and Format Cells to Currency. Highlight, right click, format cells, select currency, click OK.

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 19:47

Hehe i just found out that if you bought 1 of everything in that table apart from M and S class ships (L's only) it will cost you a total of:

Thats ALOT of credits :lol:

EDIT: Also there is a total of 45 diff ships, 151 Factories and 81 Weapons and Equipment buyable in this table

Myo
x3

Post by Myo » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 20:42

khanis wrote:making the money amount have commas is easy people. Just highlight all the total column items dealing with money and Format Cells to Currency. Highlight, right click, format cells, select currency, click OK.
Yeah, it is easy, but I've made the change anyway so that people don't have to do it (dunno when the new dl will be up though).
[ external image ]

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 21:48

Myo wrote:
I kno this would be an extremly long and tedious task but having CargoBay Extension, Engine Tuneings and Rudder Optimization for each ship would be a good thing.
Thats already planned for a future version (see the readme) but for which one, I cannot say (it'll take a while to sort out).
I've nearly finished doing this, all I have left to do is input ship data. I haven't seen this spreadsheet yet but I suspect we can amalgamate our work without too many dificulties. If you want to go into partnership then send me a PM or an e-mail.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

verylargesnake
x2

Post by verylargesnake » Tue, 30. Nov 04, 22:53

Excellent piece of work. Thanks for sharing! :D

Myo
x3

Post by Myo » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 01:29

Made the first post nice and neat with a little FAQ I can add to if any problems develop.

Anyway, the main reason I'm posting is that I've not checked this thread in a while, and I missed Rapier's post. That sounds like a great idea, can you please PM me some info on what you've done so far and we should be able to work something out?
[ external image ]

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 14:24

Impressive...

FACTS are setting up their own guide and it is almost complete. Do I have your permission to add this to the FACTS database?

Jack Dunners

Myo
x3

Post by Myo » Thu, 9. Dec 04, 13:09

Right, the download for the 1.01 version has been sorted
(he didn't receive the file strangely, stupid hotmail).

And you are very welcome to add this to your database.
[ external image ]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”