towing a station through a gate

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BCM1980

towing a station through a gate

Post by BCM1980 » Sun, 10. Dec 23, 22:06

i recently tried to take an ore mine to home of light it was so kool as i came up to the gate but i jumped an the station didnt its much to big hahahahaha but i tried just to know if it could be done .... an as far as towing go 4 or 5 an target the exact center of the target get going an re tractor when needed ....

jlehtone
x4

Re: towing a station through a gate

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 10. Dec 23, 22:44

Towing a station through gate is not possible.

There was, in some game version, a hack. There is a cut-scene right after you have pressed the "build station" button. Supposedly, if you do switch sector after that, but before the scene is over, then the station might actually appear in the new sector. Not sure though; I never tried. It is more interesting to set up logistics.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

BCM1980

Post by BCM1980 » Mon, 11. Dec 23, 03:43

you are right it didnt work although it is a good trick to kill off unsuspecting pilots or the kark or zenon hahahaha you jump in an wham an asteroid in the face

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 11. Dec 23, 18:27

BCM1980 wrote:
Mon, 11. Dec 23, 03:43
you are right it didnt work although it is a good trick to kill off unsuspecting pilots or the kark or zenon hahahaha you jump in an wham an asteroid in the face
There are no faces in OOS. Collision detection is computed only in the sector, where you are at the moment. Do you want to stay in that sector just to keep the "wham" possible?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”