x3tc SETA repair not working

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wolfee

x3tc SETA repair not working

Post by wolfee » Sat, 11. Feb 23, 18:02

I ejected SETA, grabbed it in my astronaut suit and used laser + "J" to engage SETA. It doesn't work. You just get that annoying sound when SETA can't be used. I've read to use ctrl-J, same thing. I have a complex based on a Silicon mine L and Xenon keep attacking the Silicon Mine L and not the factory hub itself. If I lose the Silcon mine, does the asteroid respawn eventually (don't think so)? Am I doing something wrong with SETA-repair? Thanks for any info.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: x3tc SETA repair not working

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 11. Feb 23, 18:23

Here's the suit SETA guide.

Asteroids will never respawn after a mine station is installed.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

wolfee

Post by wolfee » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 22:11

From the link you provided:
1. Give your spaceesuit SETA, eject it from your ship and pick it up.

2. Hold down Ctrl, then hold down J, SETA will start to charge, and stay at 1000% EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE FIRING.

3. Weigh down BOTH keys before lifting your fingers off, like the old landmine trick! :o

This doesn't work. What does Ctrl do? "J" is my SETA. Does EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE FIRING mean you start firing before you do ctrl + j ? I had ctrl and j held down and it was at %1000 and when I start firing I lose SETA. If I fire and then do ctrl +j I get the sound of a failed SETA. Just for kicks I went ahead and let it go on a damaged Silicon mine and waited 5 real time minutes and it never went up a single %. After thinking about this, I think the default for fire is ctrl. I removed that binding and just fire with right click. Should I rebind ctrl to fire? I'll try again...

Well you have to have "cursor fire" set to a keyboard bind. Once I did that, it works...but I died making coffee.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 22:59

Without rebinding you would have to hold down your right mouse button and j together for as long as you need, somehow. The guide did assume default keys etc, and keys are a bit easier to hold down with weights than mouse buttons.

Perhaps a better way to say it is that you need to hold down your 'fire repair laser' control, then hold down your 'SETA' control and keep them both held down somehow while you are getting repair and SETA. Good luck and watch your oxygen!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”