Alert/Warning system how-to?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wolfee

Alert/Warning system how-to?

Post by wolfee » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 21:59

I'm playing X3TC through Steam. Sometimes I'll get a horn sound followed by a message that something is getting attacked but usually I don't get anything. The only way of knowing is by checking the message log (usually destroyed by then) or constantly monitoring the "Property Owned" tab. I was checking in on a complex for cyrstals (still doing the Hub plot) and the complex didn't even exist. I had 10 factories just floating there in space. Is there a command to manage alerts/warnings? Maybe I have it "off"? If not, what could be going wrong?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Alert/Warning system how-to?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 11:28

There is not much you can do to manage alert / warnings in the Vanilla game. There is a script by Cycrow called Satellite Early Warning Network that lets you use your satellite to report when enemies are close-by.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

wolfee

Post by wolfee » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 17:37

Thanks. For example, one of my CLS ships was attacked and it jumped out in time BUT the only reason I know that is because it's in the message log. I never got a warning that "one of your ships is under attack". Seems like sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

wolfee

Post by wolfee » Sat, 11. Feb 23, 17:33

Well I found a workaround/solution. Patrol Software on M5's does not trigger combat. So grab a M5 with patrol software, send it to the sector you want monitored, and select "Orders"/"Command Console"/"Combat"/"Scout for enemies". You will get a notification of any enemies in that sector and the M5 will not engage. I'm also assuming you have advanced satellite(s) in the sector. Works pretty well, can get a little spammy but I'd rather have that then find out stations/ships have been destroyed after the fact.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 09:50

That's a nice workaround. Thanks for sharing.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Okke Dillen
x3

Post by Okke Dillen » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 11:10

Is there a chance this also works in X2?
It would be a great task for my Khaak-Scouts - all fully equipped, of course - where I collected way too many of... :oops: :D
Nur die Ruhe ;) :xbtf: :x2: :x3: ... [X²: 45-18:18/1,149GCr/FMgn/Ass d.A./St:130/Sch:501// :khaak: M3:196 :D ]
Kurz nach Aufstellen einer Whisky-Destille bei den Loomanckstrats ereilte mich folgender BBS-Newsflash:
Betrunkener Pirat von Asteroid geborgen :rofl:

TerranJedi

Post by TerranJedi » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 14:52

I don't know if X2 has an equivalent to the patrol software. I didn't build a lot of stations in X2 but I feel like it was better about telling you when a ship was being attacked, where TC seems to be sporadic. I had an alert that was just "one of your ships" as I came into a sector that had some kha'ak and pirates near one of my complexes. Checked my property list and didn't see anything being attacked so I don't know what was going on.

Okke Dillen
x3

Post by Okke Dillen » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 20:32

Thanks for your reply and yes, X2 does have a patrol-in-a-sector-software and also a patrol-over-several-sectors software, my Oddies use it.
I am right now busy trying to find it out... will see :wink:
Nur die Ruhe ;) :xbtf: :x2: :x3: ... [X²: 45-18:18/1,149GCr/FMgn/Ass d.A./St:130/Sch:501// :khaak: M3:196 :D ]
Kurz nach Aufstellen einer Whisky-Destille bei den Loomanckstrats ereilte mich folgender BBS-Newsflash:

Okke Dillen
x3

Post by Okke Dillen » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 20:46

Ok, the answer is that in X2 the patrol-SW is only available from M6-ships on upwards. So, not available for M5s, M4s, M3s and TS's. Too bad... this would have been a real nice trick :wink:

TerranJedi

Post by TerranJedi » Fri, 3. Mar 23, 19:00

Okke Dillen wrote:
Tue, 28. Feb 23, 20:46
Ok, the answer is that in X2 the patrol-SW is only available from M6-ships on upwards. So, not available for M5s, M4s, M3s and TS's. Too bad... this would have been a real nice trick :wink:
Ah that's probably why I didn't remember. It's been some time since I played X2 and I rarely had capitals when I did. I think the last time I played through the story I didn't have anything more than an M3 and just sort of blasted through the story and that was all.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”