Request to Egosoft - make older versions (1.0 or pre-release) available!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

UnknownObject
x4

Request to Egosoft - make older versions (1.0 or pre-release) available!

Post by UnknownObject » Sun, 27. Nov 22, 12:24

I've got a disk version of X3TC (1.2.1), and the experience it provides is surely different from what v.3.4 has.
I also remember I've played X-Tension v.1.0 CD version prior I've bought a Steam version, and it's totally different, especially in terms of pricing system.
Can Egosoft release any other older versions of the games for users who have registered their copies of the games? For an archeologist's pleasure.
Мир всем народам на свете.
Нам не нужна
Война!

Okke Dillen
x3

Re: Request to Egosoft - make older versions (1.0 or pre-release) available!

Post by Okke Dillen » Thu, 2. Mar 23, 13:54

UnknownObject wrote:
Sun, 27. Nov 22, 12:24
I've got a disk version of X3TC (1.2.1), and the experience it provides is surely different from what v.3.4 has.
I also remember I've played X-Tension v.1.0 CD version prior I've bought a Steam version, and it's totally different, especially in terms of pricing system.
Can Egosoft release any other older versions of the games for users who have registered their copies of the games? For an archeologist's pleasure.
Hi,

they did for X2 - I am playing that version (German) - check out this page --> https://www.egosoft.com/download/x2/patches_en.php
Nur die Ruhe ;) :xbtf: :x2: :x3: ... [X²: 45-18:18/1,149GCr/FMgn/Ass d.A./St:130/Sch:501// :khaak: M3:196 :D ]
Kurz nach Aufstellen einer Whisky-Destille bei den Loomanckstrats ereilte mich folgender BBS-Newsflash:
Betrunkener Pirat von Asteroid geborgen :rofl:

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Thu, 2. Mar 23, 23:57

I can say from my own experience that you don't want to play the first release version of X3 Reuinion. Not fun being mostly restricted to a single sector to prevent crashing. :lol:
X-BTF on the other was fun: SPPs didn't need resources and I got free gHEPTs in Split space. 8)
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 5. Mar 23, 15:03

Okke Dillen wrote:
Thu, 2. Mar 23, 13:54
they did for X2 - I am playing that version (German) - check out this page --> https://www.egosoft.com/download/x2/patches_en.php
This is not what the OP means though. ;) The page you linked provides patches to update a lower to a higher game version. The OP, however, wants to roll back a higher game version to a lower one. This is partly possible for X4. But not for the other games, where buying the game in a digital version only ever gives you the latest version.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Okke Dillen
x3

Post by Okke Dillen » Sun, 5. Mar 23, 15:59

Yes, figured it out already, but thanks for mentioning.

And I absolutely agree with this:
Cpt.Jericho wrote:
Thu, 2. Mar 23, 23:57
I can say from my own experience that you don't want to play the first release version of X3 Reuinion. Not fun...
Confirmed! I still remember my ranting from that first release - a looooong time ago ;)

Cheers,
Okke
Nur die Ruhe ;) :xbtf: :x2: :x3: ... [X²: 45-18:18/1,149GCr/FMgn/Ass d.A./St:130/Sch:501// :khaak: M3:196 :D ]
Kurz nach Aufstellen einer Whisky-Destille bei den Loomanckstrats ereilte mich folgender BBS-Newsflash:
Betrunkener Pirat von Asteroid geborgen :rofl:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”