X3-Reunion:Pirate Bases and Pirate Ships questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Celthon
x4

X3-Reunion:Pirate Bases and Pirate Ships questions

Post by Celthon » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 03:05

Started playing X3-Reunion a few days ago. Questions regarding Pirate bases, and Pirate ships which are red-icons (enemies?):...I can dock at the few Pirate Bases I have found so far...after I dock I am able to trade, etc. As I am flying through various sectors I occasionally see 'Pirate Buster' or 'Pirate Falcon', etc., and these ships' icons are red on my map. So if I get close they will attack me?

If I attack any of these ships, how will it affect my ability to dock at the 'Pirate Bases'? When I target one of the red ships (pirate) and get details via I-key I don't see any information regarding which pirate faction or group the ship is from – are they all the same faction, just 'Pirates'? And if attacking these pirate ships will cause my standing to go down with the 'Pirate Faction' will it affect all the Pirate Bases in every sector, or only the nearest Pirate Base?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

jlehtone
x4

Re: X3-Reunion:Pirate Bases and Pirate Ships questions

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 23. Mar 22, 17:46

IIRC, it is just the nearest. The Pirates lack centralized government that tells everyone how to behave. If you attack a ship within a group, the group probably retaliates. Bases ... if you attack a ship (for example, Lasertower) that "belongs" to Base, they do take offence. Then again, if you do destroy a Base, Pirates build a new one in random sector and have no memory about the previous incidents.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

UnknownObject
x4

Re: X3-Reunion:Pirate Bases and Pirate Ships questions

Post by UnknownObject » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 14:31

Pirate wings you encounter in most of sectors are mostly harmless, they don't attack you first - their job is to reach the destination and attack the target station. But the whole wing retaliates as soon as you hit one of their ships.

But beware, pirates in their home sectors and Elena's Fortune are aggressive, don't approach them if you're not sure if you can dispatch them.

Pirate Bases are friendly if you don't shoot them first.
Мир всем народам на свете.
Нам не нужна
Война!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”