Weapon Stats Question [X-T]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Weapon Stats Question [X-T]

Post by Cursed Ghost » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 20:18

Hi

So I’m working on the equipment page for X-Tension and wanted to add some stats for the weapons unfortunately the earlier games don’t give you access to this information so I need to go digging but I’m not understanding how the values I see in the X-Tension editor actually translate in to stats in the game for example

When I look in the X-Tension editor at the bullet info for the Gamma PAC

I see that the shot damage is 1000 which I assume means that each hit on the target will do 1MW of damage to the target shields which seems to be about right because when I shot a pirate ship with a single 25mw shield the shield strength dropped from 25000 to around 23000 which is about right for a single hit from 2 Gamma PACs

Then we have a distance value of 5000 now at first I though this meant that the Gamma PAC has a firing range of 5km however that can’t be right because I parked my ship as exactly 5km a way from a station fired a singe shot but it didn’t get anywhere close to hitting the target.

So now I’m thinking that the distance value is not 5000 meters or 5km but is actually 5000 milliseconds or 5 seconds which appears to be correct because when I timed how long the shot lasted on my stop watch it came out at just over 5 seconds so factoring in human reaction speed 5 seconds seems to be correct

However if that’s the case then something still doesn’t add up because apparently the shot speed of the Gamma PAC is 720 m/s but if that’s the case then that would give the Gamma PAC a range of 3.6km but this can’t be true because even at a range of 2km the shot dissipates before hitting the target and in fact I couldn’t hit the target till I closed to 1.63km therefore the bullet speed for the Gamma PAC isn’t even remotely close to 720 m/s

According to my calculations the shot speed can’t be more than 326m/s because the shot only travelled 1.63km in 5 seconds therefore

1.63km x 1000 = 1630 meters
1630 meters / 5 seconds = 326 meters per second

So if the shot speed is indeed 720 m/s and the life span of the bullet is indeed 5 seconds then why is the range only 1.63km that’s simply not possible because

720 m/s x 5 seconds is 3600 meters or 3.6km

Now my suspicion is that X-Tension editor is simply calculating speed incorrectly either that or there is some other factor that I'm just not seeing because I ran in to the same problem when I tried to do missile stats for example

According to my calculations the Hornet should have the following stats

Damage: 50 MW
Range: 4.73 km
Speed: 118.25 m/s
Lifetime: 40 seconds

Now the damage appears to be correct tested by shooting a single missile at a station and noting down the damage done and the life time appears to be correct tested by simple targeting a station that is to far away for a hornet to hit and then shooting 1 off and timing how long it take till it self destructs and the range also appears to be correct tested by firing a hornet at a target that is to far a way to hit and then targeting the missile and noting down at what distance the missile self destructed, however once again the speed seems to be wrong in the X-Tension editor the speed value for the hornet is 153m/s but again this is not possible.

As the missile only travailed 4.73 km in 40 seconds which would give it a max speed of 118.25 m/s and not 153m/s so again something does add up.

As far as I can tell my math is correct because the formulas for calculating distance, time and speed are

Distance = Speed × Time
Time = Distance / Speed
Speed = Distance / Time

So if the range and time are correct then how is it possible for the speed to be 153m/s that makes no sense.

My other question is about the energy usage and I’m wondering how this is calculated now again looking at the Gamma PAC I see an energy usage value of 5000 but if the ships generator is only 100mw and the weapons energy usage is 5000mw then the ship shouldn’t be able to use that weapon because the generator doesn’t provide enough power.

Unless the energy usage value is in fact 5000mw per minute which would mean the energy usage is in fact 83.33 mw per shot and if the generator value of the ship is in fact 100mw per second then that would give it a total output of 6000mw per minute which would mean the you would get around 36 shots before your generator runs out of power if your ship is equipped with 2 Gamma PACs which seems to make more sense but again I’m not really sure so I just wanted to check and see if I have this right because I’m not sure how what I see in the editor actually translates in to the game.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Fri, 21. Jan 22, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added info to title

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”