What is your favorite X game you are playing right now?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Valen68
x4

What is your favorite X game you are playing right now?

Post by Valen68 » Wed, 15. Dec 21, 04:29

So I have bought every X game from X2 to X4. Which is your favorite X game and why? I bought X Rebirth and never liked it. I never asked for a refund because I wanted to help support the developer. Then X4 came out and I bought that. I hate the space highways...imo it takes away from the real feel of space. The ships designs are not what I come to expect from the previous X games. The in game map system well, it just sucks! I feel the learning curve is even steeper than any other X game. If it's not broke don't fix it. So I am trying to decide if I should go back to X3 AP or X2.

X2 I enjoyed the fighter, crew and carrier scripts and a few mod variations.
X3 I like just as much as X2 but wanted a more feel of fighters, crew and fleet controls in X3.

I don't know but maybe I am missing something.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: What is your favorite X game you are playing right now?

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Dec 21, 11:06

I'm a bit confused. If you have already played all of the games and have pretty much made your mind up about each of them as compared to your preferred playstyle, then how will hearing other people's experiences using different playstyles help you to decide what to go back to?

In any of those X games there will certainly be things and aspects that you have not tried nor come across yet, but other players won't know of that. I would base your decision more on what you did enjoy in each game (rather than the things you thought they lacked) and then base your ongoing gameplay decisions around the playstyle that suits you.

Have you tried X3:FL yet? It may be a whole new experience for you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Valen68
x4

Post by Valen68 » Wed, 15. Dec 21, 20:19

Hey there Alan, you make a good point. I think I was more venting last night than anything else. X Rebirth was a major disappointment. X4 is better but not by much but I have high hopes over time it will get better. Thanks for the recommendation for FL X3. I probably need to dive into what scripts are available to see if I can spice things up.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 15. Dec 21, 22:47

Right now?

There is no "favorite". There is the game that I play now. I play only one game at a time.
Furthermore, I do not restart. I might pick up and continue "unfinished playthrough" later, although that has not happened yet.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”