Steam X3AP Weapons dissapearing from Turrets on re-load

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spowart
xr

Steam X3AP Weapons dissapearing from Turrets on re-load

Post by spowart » Sat, 11. Dec 21, 00:01

I am encountering an annoying bug whjich seems to affect all capital ships, and is making this game virtually unplayable, at least if you plan owning any M1 or M2 ships and actually goinmg into battle with them.

I buy the ship, equip it with weapons, and then I save the game.

Next time I reload most of the weapons are no longer equipped, it just leaves a handful with some turrets empty.
The weapons are still in the ships cargo bay, just no longer in the turret itself.
Since I dont plan spending loads of time replacing all these weapons in the turrets every time I reload, especially if I start getting a lot of them, I need a solution to this problem.
Its almost as if it isnt saving the weapon configuration (although there was once when I was equipping a pteranadon and the weapons dissapeared in front of my eyes before I finished putting them in the turrets they were gone again, usually it waits until next reload.
I sold the Pteranadon because of this bug and bought a Borreas, same problem, I bought a Collosas, same problem with that too, so it isnt just one type of ship and it never was a problem with previous versions of X, and I have played most of them bar the new farnhams legacy and x4 which I intend to move on to, but if this version doesnt get sorted it is putting me off upgrading to other versions.

This is running exactly as I downloaded via Steam, there are no mods running. I checked the moddified tag wasnt there, and it wasnt, nor do I want it to be there. Yes I could simply modify it and create a script to replace the weapons, but I shouldnt need to do that, and I want the game to remain vanilla so need a solution to this problem.

Thanks.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sat, 11. Dec 21, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to X Trilogy gameplay forum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Steam X3AP Weapons dissapearing from Turrets on re-load

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 11. Dec 21, 01:29

Not a bug, but a feature. You most-likely have Automatic Laser switching enabled for your turret commands. IIRC weapons are removed when there are no enemies in range.

You can customise all turret commands in the ingame Options under Gameplay -> Advanced Game Settings -> Turret Command Configuration.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

spowart
xr

Re: Steam X3AP Weapons dissapearing from Turrets on re-load

Post by spowart » Sat, 11. Dec 21, 05:03

Thanks, knew there had to be some logical reason for it.

Not sure what the feature is though. After a reload I was finding that the Yaki were easily able to take out my destroyer because most of the weapons got removed unless I replaced them before sending it into battle.
I just disabled that feature so I could set my weapons up manually, so hopefully it wont do that in future.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”