X3TC Accidentally aborted Final Fury Plotline?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kartoffeltorte
x4

X3TC Accidentally aborted Final Fury Plotline?

Post by Kartoffeltorte » Sun, 5. Sep 21, 03:56

First of: Sorry if this is in the wrong Forum, I don't come here often so I don't really know where to go with stuff like this.

Recently I started playing X3:TC again after quite a long break, since I wanted to "complete" the game more or less.I never really got that far into a save and I wanted to get some Achievements. It went pretty well and I had fun, just kinda trying to finish the different plotlines. I never finished Final Fury so it was on my to do list and I got to it after I finished the Main Plot. Didn't really know if it was too early or not, I was just kinda testing the waters I guess. I didn't really have much to my name, and by the point where I got to the final battle in Kha'ak Sector 926 I basically just had a Cerberus and a Skiron, which I soon noticed might not be enough. I was flying around destroying the Guardians and finished a Station when I noticed that the Commonwealth NPC ships all got destroyed and that there were several Kha'ak capital ships coming for me, so I jumped out of the Sector. I obviously didn't have enough to complete the mission, so I wanted to do different things for now so I could get a larger fleet.
Some time later when I looked in my quest book I noticed that I could abort the mission. I hoped that if I abort, new NPCs would join the fight when there's a second attempt. I saved my game and aborted the mission, waiting for a message for a retry of the mission. After a couple of hours of doing other stuff, I completely forgot that I aborted it, and overwrote my save file. A little later I figured out that that might not have been the best idea, so I tried some stuff out.
I tried just jumping into the Kha'ak sector, I tried docking at the Military Outpost, I tried going to Omicron Lyrae to see if I could accept the entire Plotline again, but I couldn't find any trigger. I looked around in some forums to see if someone managed to be as stupid as me, but again, didn't find anything.

Am I missing something? I know that there's a script to reset storylines but I don't really want the ***modified*** on my save, more or less Achievement hunting. I'm around 50h of playtime into the save and don't really feel like throwing that away.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”