[X3:AP] Hostile Terrans - Advice?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lotharian

[X3:AP] Hostile Terrans - Advice?

Post by Lotharian » Mon, 31. May 21, 01:37

Playing through X3:AP again. Have rank maxed or close with most of the 5 main races. Came in the back door of the Terran areas (Segaris etc) and was building up Terran rank through trade and missions. Up to Venus access so far.

However, I also was stupid and flew into Argon Sector 418 which started that mission storyline, flew into formation and then started getting orders to go into the contested sectors. I get those war mission updates periodically and have ignored them. This was before I even started building positive standing with Terrans. I haven't had any issues with Terrans except in the contested sectors - some of their military ships periodically flash over as being red. It finally came to a head when my remote-piloted TP was completing a personnel transport mission in Jupiter.

It completed fine. But then I went to take another couple transport missions in Jupiter 2 and 3. I was in my Kestrel in Jupiter 2, waiting for my TP (which has no weapons) to gate in. There was an Argon force towards the east of Jupiter as well as a couple Terran ships in red. Then I got the notification that my TP was under attack. It was OOS, I don't know if it was crossfire or intentional but the Terran military stripped all 75MJ of shield and knocked off almost 25% armor as well. My TP made it into Jupiter 2, I changed ships and was going to try to run the missions but now EVERYTHING Terran is red to me, everywhere in Terran space. I don't really understand how since, again, my TP has no weapons. I tried messaging the main military ships in Jupiter 2 "weapons fire was in error" and nothing happens. And so far (not long) nothing else has shot at me. And I am still allowed to dock. But, it's all showing red. What, precisely, does that mean? Is it something I can fix? Do I need to first progress through this part of the storyline, take my Terran rank/reputation hits and then patch it up?

I could still load an earlier save and prevent that sequence of events, but I wanted advice on it first.

chip56

Re: [X3:AP] Hostile Terrans - Advice?

Post by chip56 » Mon, 31. May 21, 11:06

Check if your Friend/Foe settings have the Terrans as foe. In that case they would all be red even if they are not actively hostile to you

fig
x2

Post by fig » Mon, 31. May 21, 11:24

I only play X2, but what chip56 says sounds right. It's the ship that has become hostile to the Terrans, not you. It probably just accidently collided with one of them and they went nuclear on it. That kind of craziness happens in X2 too!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 31. May 21, 19:45

During the War the side with which you have lower reputation will consider you as enemy. E.g. even if you are almost Hero of Sol, but are already Hero of Federation, then you are an enemy to Terrans within the War Sectors.

There is no "crossfire" OOS.

Each ship has its own Friend/Foe settings.
If your ship is attacked by somebody, then it will mark faction of the attacker as Foe.
If you tell ship attack somebody, then it will mark faction of the target as Foe.
When you sit in a ship, both its settings and the attitude of ships around you determines what you see.

The NPC ships (cops) tend to forget after a while (and return to faction's default attitude). If you can say "Sorry", then they forget sooner.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Lotharian

Post by Lotharian » Mon, 31. May 21, 20:24

jlehtone wrote:
Mon, 31. May 21, 19:45
During the War the side with which you have lower reputation will consider you as enemy. E.g. even if you are almost Hero of Sol, but are already Hero of Federation, then you are an enemy to Terrans within the War Sectors.
This makes sense. Although even then, seemed like only a few ships bothered me at all. Maybe it's because in my active ship I kept my distance whereas my automated ship did not, and kept entering firing range.
jlehtone wrote:
There is no "crossfire" OOS.
Yeah I didn't think so. I assume the 'collision' suggestion is also out because that doesn't happen OOS either.
jlehtone wrote:
Each ship has its own Friend/Foe settings.
If your ship is attacked by somebody, then it will mark faction of the attacker as Foe.
If you tell ship attack somebody, then it will mark faction of the target as Foe.
When you sit in a ship, both its settings and the attitude of ships around you determines what you see.
Aha. Now that you mention it I had transferred to the TP, THEN saw all Terrans in red. So in reality, everything would have been "fine" or at least the same as it was, if I had just reset the friend/foe settings in the TP.

I just ended up rolling back to just before it happened and avoid that particular "encounter." Ended up finding a couple missions which DIDN'T take me through the war sectors, and got to +5 which is enough to get Springblossoms. Have to either get +10 Terran, or stay out of the war sectors unless I want to fight. Thanks!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”