[TC] Tough to board PX with 2 decks?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nponoBegHuk
x4

[TC] Tough to board PX with 2 decks?

Post by nponoBegHuk » Thu, 20. May 21, 01:12

Hi.

I've been boarding xenon ships on and off for some time now, and this following issue happened to me randomly a couple of times already.

As it is widely known, Xenon ships are tougher to board than the commonwealth ships, however using 6x 100% fighting marines on a Xenon M6 without Internal Sentry Lasers, along with some salvage insurances used to save before each deck fighting phase should allow you to board the ship without losses within couple of reloads.

However, every now and then, I get these weird 2-deck only M6 ships which always make me lose at least 1 marine on the first deck out of group of 6x100%. I remember they increased deck count to 3 on M6 ships in one of the patches, and I play in 3.4 patch. The last one came out of the gate of Terran Unknown Sector 3 to Terran Unknown Sector 1, and with the constant war going on I'm pretty sure it's not a pre-patch remnant.

So what makes the game spawn these tough 2-deck Xenon ships then? Any ideas?
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

nponoBegHuk
x4

Re: [TC] Tough to board PX with 2 decks?

Post by nponoBegHuk » Thu, 20. May 21, 12:28

I've uploaded an example of such ship appearing here in case anyone wants to check it out. Spawned in Xenon Sector next to TUS3 recently, game version 3.4 vanilla, no bonus pack.

https://youtu.be/IVJuULG6Y6U
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 01:11

Heh, this is actually an annoying issue that goes beyond losing 2 Marines during PX boarding. reason is, all M6 and M7 xenon ships i tried to board in my game have "old" deck count. Which means, less decks but higher losses on each deck.

Now, boarding PX is not a problem, you lose 2 marines (save on each deck after losing just one per). Boarding Q is completely different story. Even after sending 21x 100% fighting marines, only a small fraction of them can make their way through all 3 decks, only to instantly die because they can't reach the core (you need at least 15 marines alive after last deck to have a chance at reaching the core for xenon ships).

Now, there is an alternative way to get a Q without need to board it, but still I wonder why my game only spawns "old" ships. maybe something went wrong during patching...

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 01:59

Update, I've run some scripts and found out that all M6 and M7 ships in my game are actually old hull models (2 decks for M6, 3 decks for M7). You can check the link if you like https://imgur.com/yetv6cG

Since I own the game both on disc and on steam, I compared the two installs, and there were only 2 differences. Cat05.cat/dat files (inside of those the only difference was the polish localization text file which is incomplete in disc version), and the executable file, which I guess must be different for steam.

So yeah, pretty much feeling my game is broken beyond repair at this point.

avenger4o

Post by avenger4o » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 03:12

Just a tought .... did you patched your game recently? all those ships could be generated from before the patching.

Also another thing i noticed that can be relevant. Since boarding pods are scarse in 1.2, they added them to multiple stations in 1.3 patch, but if you load your 1.2 game directly in 2.x or 3x they dont get added, i had to run my save in 1.3 for a while so pods get generated, then save, then load this save in the higher version of the game. Might something similiar happaning with those ships too and that you have to load game in the exact version that changes the number of decks. Might be some one time run script that runs after patching to correct those that aint running in later versions of game.
Noone lives forever!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 19:19

In my long-term DVD X3:TC vanilla game (played since TC release and updated as new version patches came out), M6 have 2 decks, the M7 have 3 and the TMs have 4. It makes for 'interesting' captures. The later patch that changed things was not retroactive on prior saves, it would seem.

My much later Steam install and restart of X3:TC has the newer changed deck numbers.

See this old thread - (I wasn't a moderator back then. :D ).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”