(X3 TC) Boarding a TL with a M6

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jubec7
x4

(X3 TC) Boarding a TL with a M6

Post by Jubec7 » Fri, 7. May 21, 18:00

Hi everyone,

I'm posting on this forum for the first time because I'm having a very hard (and tiresome) time with boarding TL's with my Hyperion Vanguard.

I currently have a save where my 5 marines just breached the hull of a Mammoth, but somehow won't ever succeed to stealing it.

Marines fighting abilities : 2x5* ; 1x4* ; 2x3*
Mammoth's defensive equipment : None
Mammoth's defensive troops : None

So far I've tried 30+ times reloading at different stages during the boarding (I've never managed to keep 5 marines until deck 2) but managed to have 1 5* marine at deck 5 which never succeeded to win it.

Should I keep reloading until my marines succeed or is it statistically impossible for me to succeed my boarding with this setup ?

jlehtone
x4

Re: (X3 TC) Boarding a TL with a M6

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 7. May 21, 18:29

Don't know the odds. There have been numbers around, but could have been for AP, i.e. not correct.

Can you get more ships and more marines? With Trading System Extension one should be able to do that remotely, without leaving the prey.

You can launch marines from multiple ships. In fact, I hardly ever did launch marines from my personal ship.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Fri, 7. May 21, 21:09

Boarding a TL with just 5 marines is a hard task unless you have 5* fighting marines. Still the success rate maybe very low. Try using a TP, so you can spacewalk more than 5 marines. Or you will have to buy an M7M.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Sun, 9. May 21, 13:15

Jubec7 wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 18:00
Hi everyone,

I'm posting on this forum for the first time because I'm having a very hard (and tiresome) time with boarding TL's with my Hyperion Vanguard.

I currently have a save where my 5 marines just breached the hull of a Mammoth, but somehow won't ever succeed to stealing it.

Marines fighting abilities : 2x5* ; 1x4* ; 2x3*
Mammoth's defensive equipment : None
Mammoth's defensive troops : None

So far I've tried 30+ times reloading at different stages during the boarding (I've never managed to keep 5 marines until deck 2) but managed to have 1 5* marine at deck 5 which never succeeded to win it.

Should I keep reloading until my marines succeed or is it statistically impossible for me to succeed my boarding with this setup ?

For Commonwealth TL minimal fight skill total must be 525 (21x (avg.) = (21x25)), or

if Marines fighting abilities are : 2x5* ; 1x4* ; 2x3*,
then required fighting abilities are: 5x5* (if fight skill of each of these marines is 100); 1x1* (if fight skill of this last marine is more than 24).

So, you can't board Commonwealth TL using 5 Marines.

Source: X3 Ships

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 00:22

As far as I can remember boarding a TL is like boarding any capital ship and 5 marines wont be enough even if all skills are at max so if you want to steal TLs then get your self an M7M such as the Argon Sirokos capture frigate this is what I do to train my marines combat ability I capture civilian TLs using the Argon Sirokos with 21 marines you wont have a problem capping civilian TLs even if there fight skill isn’t that grate though normally I don’t buy marines that have a fight skill of less then 3

Also if you are going to do boarding Opps from a hyperon then I’d suggest modding the game to add compatibility with boarding pods to m6 corvettes and TPs either that or get the transporter boarding mod that lets you use the transporter device to beam your troops on to the target vessel thus allowing you to conduct boarding opps from a TP where you can attack the target with grater numbers beaming you troops to the target is much better then doing a space walk

which is the most stupid boarding system egosoft devs could have come up with and who ever made that decision should have there decision making privileges removed because clearly they are a moron and they obviously didn’t test the system properly because had they done so then they would have known that it was a stupid idea that doesn’t work because it’s just way to fiddly plus your troops simply can’t move fast enough frankly for space walking to be any good your marines would need to have a top speed of like 400kph which would make them fast enough to catch even the quickest targets and would eliminate so much of the unnecessary messing around which is of course why I never conduct boarding opps from anything other then an M7M

although if Ego where to patch in compatibility with boarding pods to M6s and TPs and where to add the ability to use the transporter device to do boarding opps then I would probably use other platforms since M7Ms are really expensive and while they are fixing the boarding system they can fix the complex construction system as well because that is another horribly implemented system that is fiddly as hell and needs to be replaced with something much simpler.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”