[Solved] [X3:AP] Xenon wont bail !

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Klord
x3ap

[Solved] [X3:AP] Xenon wont bail !

Post by Klord » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 19:59

Spoiler
Show
So Im at that point which we need a Xenon L to progress the main plot.
But no matter how many Xenons I destroy, they are not bailing.

I know (from reading posts in the forum) that Xenons are more susceptible to bail in missions rather than in their own sectors. Which is what I was trying, but still those damn AI wont bail ! :evil:
So far I have killed,

L - 77
M - 50
N - 56

In addition I have also destroyed,
Q - 8
P - 13
PX - 8

In my previous playthroughs, I didn't have this issue, I had plenty spare xenon ships by the time I get to this point of plot. I wonder if this is sheer bad luck or an issue with my gameplay. Any insight is highly appreciated.
Last edited by Klord on Thu, 6. May 21, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [X3:AP] Xenon wont bail !

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 22:59

If this is a vanilla game and you have verified your game installation, then it sounds like sheer bad luck. Either that or you are using too strong weaponry. Reduce the shields to zero as quickly as you can and then immediately switch to a single light rapid fire weapon (or two at the most). Lots of low hull damage hits from when the hull drops below about 90% is the best way to get a bail. If it doesn't work straight away, allow the shields to build up just a few percent again and then try the light rapid fire on the hull again.

I notice you didn't mention LXs? They are fun to fly yourself.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 23:33

Thanks for the response. LXs are a very rare sight, so I guess Ill have to wait a looooong time since I couldnt even get a common N to get bailed yet.

I am playing a vanilla game this time around. So there shouldn't be conflicting scripts running. I will try your suggestion with PBE equipped in my Hyp and see if that helps.

Still pirates keep bailing all the time and I clearly remember, in my previous playthroughs, I had Xenons bailing when fighting them with Hyperion with the same weapon configuration Im using this time. If this aint a bug, Im so unlucky in this regard. :rant:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:02

Xenon 'piloting AIs' probably have a higher morale (and hence disinclination to bail) than is the case for pirate pilots. Kha'ak have even higher levels of morale than Xenon!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

astreus
xr

Post by astreus » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 17:19

I know it is very tricky to get a L bail out, specially if you fly a fighter. A L is seldom alone and very soon the whole X pack love to destroy the player ship.
A have a stress-free trick:
Get a M7 with flak (no cluster) and fly slowley trough the whole x group. This even works in X-sectors fine. Just avoid Q's, (or bigger, of course) they hard to kill without getting damage and just cost you time. I would say, at every 3-5th X- fighter group (a bunch of L,M,N) destroyed, there are 1-2 L or M left in blue. Nothing to do, just fly. Let your turrets do the job. :)
I would prefer Astraeus Hauler. Have 2x2 flak on top and below. You may mount PBC on left and right, but this kills the L too fast. The flak is perfect because after the 'right' hit there is enough time to switch to blue before the next flak shot destroys your (blue) target. The Cerberus have 4x2 flak, this could be too much power. You may mount only 2 here but AH is the faster ship.
An alternative is the Springblossom also with flak (Terran ...shockwave....). In the Springy you are so fast, you are hard to hit. But I guess the Terran flak do not cause bail out's as often as Agron M7 flak, no matter if you attack X or anyone else.
After more than 10 days DID you have to be mad!

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 18:16

I usually have some damaged unclaimed Xenon L ships idling in some sectors by the time I get to this point of plot.

And fastest way of doing it is using ships, which can launch multiple long range missiles simultaneously in the Xenon sectors.

Here is how it described by other player, which use M7M for it:
Tohron wrote:
Sun, 19. May 13, 05:44
My preferred method was to just steamroll through Xenon sectors in an M7M until an L bails. The high burst damage from flails can induce a bail if it doesn't kill them first, so if you plow through enough of them, eventually you'll get lucky.
It can be done using Xenon I armed with Tempest Missiles too.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 07:50

Sorry couldnt reply here earlier. I managed to get Xenons bail.

As suggested, used flak weaponry for the cause. Bought a Griffin Sentinel, installed flaks everywhere and flew through Xenon sectors. Few minuets in to the mission and there we have couple of Xenon N, M and Ls. Only thing Im missing now is an LX which is very rare and seem to be very difficult AI to fry. :rant:

Thanks for all the suggestions. Cant wait to FL release.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Sun, 2. May 21, 06:57

The God of Random was very nice to me. I was still very low rank, when an XI in SP Green got me a handful of Ls and Ms. I was in my Springy, so I launched some Poltergeists and then started dogfighting. Suddenly the L in front of me became blue I just could dodge away and then prayed that none of the missiles had selected it already.

After I finished the rest, the L had still 30% hull. So it went rather smooth this time. But I can remember that it took me looooooong time when I played Argon years ago.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”