X3-AP Jump Beacon hunt gone weird now?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

astreus
xr

X3-AP Jump Beacon hunt gone weird now?

Post by astreus » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 14:22

Sorry this is not for Rebirth but AP dont know how to move it.....

I did JB hunting occasionally on different game starts of X3AP. In the past, it wasn’t really a problem at all. Just to find a ship with a JB took some effort, if you use no mods. A few reloads to get a situation where you destroyed their live support system and then you 5-star marines would succeed, no matter if the ship made a jump. Just the time after jump – in case your marines are still on the hull, that’s tricky. Do they get in before the shield increase too much? Ok, a matter of reloads.
So far so good.
Now I believe, after the (steam) updates it’s a bit weird now. First, it took dammed long to find any ship with a JB. I also looked after the Wooden and Odin and went again and again through gate to Jupiter – the ships are there but no JB inside. Just when I had already given up, right after I came out of the north gate into Grand Exchange, doing a routing ship scan (it was a reflex) on a close by Shrike – it had a JB inside!
Ok, so prepare for boarding. I had to lure the Shrike away from the nearby Phoenix and so went on to outer area of the sector, the Shrike behind me, but in range of my Laser Beam Cannon of my Astraeus Hauler.
After Shrike’s shield down my Sirokos (close by) sent the marines – and before they arrive, the Shrike jumps. Reload & Reload. Same Results. Yes, I checked this also with not damage of the Shrikes hull. I checked the time, doing the boarding earlier or much later – anyway, the Shrike jumps when the pods on their way. :evil:
Reload an earlier stage, right after the ship scan. This time I followed the Shrike with my Springy and had my Cobra with me. 7xMissles Baggage of Flails made shield off (and hull damage to destroy the life system) – and the Shrike jumps before the pods arrived. So, I positioned my Cobra very close by and let the pods follow right after shields off. This worked, Marines on hull, and Shrike jumped. Now it was the well-known – will the marines get in before roasted by the upcoming shields? A matter of reloads.
Finally, the marines were in and going deck by deck successfully. The Shrike had jumped to another sector of course. Yes, I had the Shrike on monitor.
If jumped after it, and the Shrike disappeared. No monitor, no ship. :?
Ok, reload.
I watched the scene remotely. I got no boarding sound. Maybe this do not happen watching remotely (But I do remember on early games I was able to hear this remotely). Right after my marines finished their job, this happens:
- The Shrike disappeared. No monitor, no ship. (..reload)
- The Shrike stayed in the scetor but was blue. Not mine. Can’t look, access or drop it's cargo. :shock:
- Shrike disappeared from the sector map (I had a satellite there). But I kept the monitor. It was blue (my rep with Teladi was still fine). Not mine. Can’t look at the cargo.
- Version 1: It was in another sector. But fully restored, blue. Same ship-ID#.
- Version 2: It was gone to nowhere. And then after some clicks, the monitor was also gone.
A mix of this happens after many reloads. Just when I was to give up, I got a green Shrike – and access to it’s charge bay. I immediately dropped the JB, but I was not necessary, the shrike stayed mine.
So, it is normal, that a Ship (with a JB?) jumps short time after marines launched?
That a just captured ship disappears to nowhere or turned back to original owner?
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Fri, 9. Apr 21, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to correct forum
After more than 10 days DID you have to be mad!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”