[X3:AP] Special ships, where?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

-GoldenEye-
x3ap

[X3:AP] Special ships, where?

Post by -GoldenEye- » Thu, 11. Mar 21, 12:59

Hi,

I know there are not many abandoned ships to find in AP. I found a few prototypes and enhanced versions in my encyclopedia and wanted to know if these spawn normally as casual ships?
I wanted to have the Dolphin Enhanced version and came across a way to obtain it: Restart the game and being lucky bc it can spawn abandoned.
Now I have a pretty long time spent already and I am considering to restart anew BUT if I can capture them normally (especially that Dolphin EV) I would just camp in the sectors for it to appear.
I am unsure if all of those ships spawn normally and how I got some special ships in my encyclopedia like the Argon Merkur Prototype?
Is there a script or mod to show all (special) ships in the universe? I would just save, start the script and check out, reload without the script afterwards.
Well, I haven't got the Dolphin EV in my encyclopedia atm but I very rarely visited Boron sectors and have like no affiliation with them.

I hope I can find some insight here:)
MfG GE

-GoldenEye-
x3ap

Re: [X3:AP] Special ships, where?

Post by -GoldenEye- » Sun, 14. Mar 21, 23:00

or can I get special ships from blueprint missions too?
MfG GE

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Mon, 15. Mar 21, 13:25

These ship do spawn as random traders or civilian ships found all over the universe. They are rare though.

Unless you are very familiar with the stats of all ships then it's hard for you to realize that the ship you are looking at is an enhanced variation of the ship.

Most of these variants look like the basic or the "vanguard" variant but with different/often better stats.

I don't rememberif these ships appear at blueprint missions, sorry

Lastly, there is a story mission in AP that spawns "enhanced" ships. You can choose to capture them first before finishing this particular mission

-GoldenEye-
x3ap

Post by -GoldenEye- » Mon, 15. Mar 21, 22:59

Black_hole_suN wrote:
Mon, 15. Mar 21, 13:25
Lastly, there is a story mission in AP that spawns "enhanced" ships. You can choose to capture them first before finishing this particular mission
Are spoilers forbidden here? Spoil me, but I guess I wont have that mission when playing Terran?

I am not sure if all special versions of ships can spawn as random trader, etc..
So far I think you can get up to 3 special ships from a list of 10 (from which 5 are otherwise unobtainable) when you create a new game. Sadly Khaak Fighter has a chance to not spawn. Now I have a start with my desired ship Enhanced Dolphin + Eclipse Prototype and some other prototype which can spawn as trader.
I restarted the game 151 times to see what the chances are. Possible the best start is 3x unobtainable ships + Khaak fighter. Khaak Scout, Interceptor, Corvette are guaranteed. Sadly when I want the E. Dolphin chances are damn small to get +2 additional unobtainable ships and Khaak Fighter without duplicates. I estimate ~60-80h with 2min for each new game, no pauses and thats probably still too fast because I got lucky with 2x 3 ships in those 151 restarts.
MfG GE

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 13:27

Spoilers are not forbidden if you use the spoiler tag. I just dont remember which mission it is :D

If you are dont mind the modified tag you can use this. I used it a lot when i was still playing AP

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 14:53

You may find this guide for X3TC useful to some extent as there are several carries over into X3AP gameplay. You just have to be aware that not all will apply nor be comprehensive in X3AP.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

-GoldenEye-
x3ap

Post by -GoldenEye- » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 13:24

Black_hole_suN wrote:
Tue, 16. Mar 21, 13:27
If you are dont mind the modified tag you can use this. I used it a lot when i was still playing AP
Thats super helpful! I guess I can start the script after saving to just check out the ships and reload.
Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 16. Mar 21, 14:53
You may find this guide for X3TC useful to some extent as there are several carries over into X3AP gameplay. You just have to be aware that not all will apply nor be comprehensive in X3AP.
Thanks a lot!
I found these ships during the restarts -

5(6) unique:
Argon Eclipse Prototype (M3+)
Split Enhanced Chimera (M3+)
Boron Enhanced Mako (M4)
Paranid Advanced Perseus (M3) (except with Paranid start)
Boron Enhanced Dolphin (TS)
((Kha'ak Fighter (M3)))

5 rare:
Teladi Falcon Prototype (M3)
Split Scorpion Prototype (M4)
Teladi Toucan Prototype (TP)
Argon Mercury Prototype (TS)
Paranid Demeter Prototype (TS)

I guess I will never see 3x unique ships with Enhanced Dolphin and Khaki Fighter. Would be the perfect start but the chances...
MfG GE

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”