(Albion Prelude) Help with Terran Start

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cranium1
x4

(Albion Prelude) Help with Terran Start

Post by cranium1 » Sun, 7. Mar 21, 14:13

Hey guys,

So I played Terran Conflict as a kid but never got into Albion Prelude. After watching all the awesome Cradle of Humanity ships, I am itching to play as the Terrnas and decided to give AP a go till Cradle of Humanity is released (Terran Commander start). However, there are some problems.

1. I cant find any TL ship to RENT in Terran space to build stations. I have looked for 3 hours! I cant buy it yet because its 28 million and I only have 7 million (from selling the starting Katana).
2. I cant make money using the stock exchange because it needs 1 station built first!! Catch 22 problem!!
3. I searched for some solutions here but they all say do taxi missions but barely find any.
4. I tried running to Teladi space (died once on the way). Second time I made it to PTNI but I still cant dock or save the game.

Kinda stuck.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: (Albion Prelude) Help with Terran Start

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 7. Mar 21, 14:54

1. Terran TL ships are pretty rare and often spawned far away from the ecliptic. Thus they are indeed hard to find at the beginning of the game. Saturn, as a sector with a shipyard, should have one flying around though.
2. Not every stock exchange has the same unlock requirements. Since you're already in Teladi space, the Teladi Stock Exchange only requires you to pay some money if I remember correctly. So it would be worth to stay in Teladi space.
3. Depending on the ship you have now, every mission you can do is fine, as they will help you to raise your rank.
4. PNTI is a core sector, which has a higher rank requirement for docking than border sectors. All neighboring sectors of PTNI Headquarters are border sectors, so you should have no problem docking there for saving.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

cranium1
x4

Re: (Albion Prelude) Help with Terran Start

Post by cranium1 » Sun, 7. Mar 21, 15:18

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 7. Mar 21, 14:54
1. Terran TL ships are pretty rare and often spawned far away from the ecliptic. Thus they are indeed hard to find at the beginning of the game. Saturn, as a sector with a shipyard, should have one flying around though.
2. Not every stock exchange has the same unlock requirements. Since you're already in Teladi space, the Teladi Stock Exchange only requires you to pay some money if I remember correctly. So it would be worth to stay in Teladi space.
3. Depending on the ship you have now, every mission you can do is fine, as they will help you to raise your rank.
4. PNTI is a core sector, which has a higher rank requirement for docking than border sectors. All neighboring sectors of PTNI Headquarters are border sectors, so you should have no problem docking there for saving.
OOh, that #4 is super helpful. Sadly, I got killed by a missile and am back on Mars. I am a Valkyrie btw.

I camped Saturn in SETA for over an hour and patrolled most of the core Terran systems but didn't see any. I saw the atmospheric lifter but it doesn't do jobs. Seems only the Mobile Mining Base-Ship does it :_(

Can I hire one from Teladi, will that work? I guess it will just get blown up on the way?? Does Aldrin have any TLs?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it!! You were right, it was wayyyyy off the ecliptic plane. I went looking for every little dot in Saturn after your tip and finally spotted it. You are awesome!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”