Little Help with Space FLies and Pirating

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CrescentSun
x4

Little Help with Space FLies and Pirating

Post by CrescentSun » Tue, 15. Dec 20, 20:51

I've been playing X: BTF trying to get through the whole series, may not be worth it but I enjoy the task. My first game was X3 Gold, and in there you could buy illegal production facilities and such. I never tried but I heard you could sell space fuel directly to a pirate base for massive cash. Now going back, I think you can't buy dream factories anymore.

The more annoying part is I found some Split business that will pay an arm and leg for space flies; but I have no idea how to find them in this game. Are they random spawns, in asteroids, or is there a factory? Hell do I need some tool. I'm trying my best to profit from illegal trading, but I feel like it is a waste. Any advice would be appreciated.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Re: Little Help with Space FLies and Pirating

Post by Killjaeden » Thu, 24. Dec 20, 02:34

In X3, spaceflies will start to buzz around you if you stay still for a while in a sector where they can live. No idea if its the same in xbtf.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

CrescentSun
x4

Post by CrescentSun » Mon, 1. Feb 21, 07:03

So I'm back and a little better. I couldn't find an English answer so I translated some Deutsch. And are leaving an answer for anyone that needs it. I found that space flies are 'produced' in Split trading stations and are distributed by ships. This explains why they were so valuable as a resource; and if you can acquire a supply they are worth it. But they are rare at good prices, or free. In all this I've found a good strategy for illegal trading, which is primarily about pirating pirates. Pirate cargo should be of opportunity not about the main trade trip. Exceptions being space distilleries and dream factories if found a good cheap supply. And the smuggler tricks are avoiding ships that can scan you and know the location of your friendly pirate base.

I prefer the strategy if I'm going to be in a space that legalized a prohibited good I collect and sell before I leave. Take this as you need. I'm just grinding ranks and best equipment before moving on to x-tension.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Tue, 2. Feb 21, 21:57

You do know that XT will be a fresh new start? All the equipment and fabs you have in BTF will be gone in XT.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

CrescentSun
x4

Post by CrescentSun » Sat, 20. Feb 21, 07:00

Cpt.Jericho wrote:
Tue, 2. Feb 21, 21:57
You do know that XT will be a fresh new start? All the equipment and fabs you have in BTF will be gone in XT.
I know I just wanted to play every game. I have a quirk of liking to trying entire series than just the game. Very few exceptions where I jump into the latest game. I like seeing the buildup of features and I felt loss When I played Reunion,

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”