Finding and capturing the Aran

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TerranJedi

Re: Finding and capturing the Aran

Post by TerranJedi » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 03:53

And now I think my game is just taunting me. I switched to an Iguana and took 50+ jumps and nothing. Tried a dozen in the Truelight (no marines aboard) and nothing. Jumped into my Blastclaw Proto and about 4 jumps later there it was. So it will only show up if I'm in a ship that I can't use to capture it.
:evil:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 12:31

Ah, that will be the PAD software extension at work! :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 17:12

Most likely. :goner:

I'm quite sure I did the hunt in Cobra, because you want to be able to take it if you see it.

That is hindsight. In X3AP I had untrained marines; they did damage to hull then had to abort.
So, I did find the Aran time and again (chance to find it in X3AP could be different than in X3TC),
went to board, bailed, and left -- without the marines learning anything. Eventually, I did train
them enough to get the job done.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

TerranJedi

Post by TerranJedi » Fri, 17. Mar 23, 04:34

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 16. Mar 23, 12:31
Ah, that will be the PAD software extension at work! :D
:lol:
Thank you Alan. I needed a good laugh. Gonna take my blood pressure meds and try again.

TerranJedi

Post by TerranJedi » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 20:14

good news: I found one and attempted to board
bad news: my marines weren't strong enough

At least now I know my game doesn't just outright hate me

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 12:37

TerranJedi wrote:
Sat, 18. Mar 23, 20:14

I never start hunting the Aran, before ALL my marines are at 100% engineering. And you DO need to repair the Aran for half an hour or so before boarding.

X3TC was easier, because 100% engineering meant no damage at all.

TerranJedi

Post by TerranJedi » Fri, 7. Apr 23, 02:26

RainerPrem wrote:
Thu, 30. Mar 23, 12:37
TerranJedi wrote:
Sat, 18. Mar 23, 20:14

I never start hunting the Aran, before ALL my marines are at 100% engineering. And you DO need to repair the Aran for half an hour or so before boarding.

X3TC was easier, because 100% engineering meant no damage at all.
so in TC you can repair the Aran before you even board? I know you have to hit it with the laser to turn in "red", but does the repair laser not do damage to enemies? I didn't think it was possible to repair a ship you didn't control, but if I'm wrong then I'll gladly spend the half hour or so repairing the thing if it means I get to take it home the next time I find one.
The one I found I was able to get to around the 3rd level before the ship buckled. Trained up my marines and went hunting again and the next one I found they bailed as soon as they started fighting. Haven't been able to find another one since (that was at least 50-60 jumps ago)

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Fri, 7. Apr 23, 07:28

In TC you can repair ships you don't own with your repair laser.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

TerranJedi

Post by TerranJedi » Fri, 7. Apr 23, 13:51

Well in that case, if you'll excuse me, I have a saved game I need to load and a ctrl key to weigh down.

TerranJedi

Post by TerranJedi » Sat, 8. Apr 23, 00:34

Last edited by Terre on Sat, 8. Apr 23, 06:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Thias
x3tc

Post by Thias » Tue, 3. Oct 23, 22:45

This is so frustrating!
I found the Aran but I can not send my marines! Why? I tried for weeks now. Even managed to get a hold of a Sirokos. I have boarding pods and slightly trained marines. I find the aran. I exit and use the repair laser until the battle music starts. I select the Sirokos, go to command/piracy/board ship. But in the next step it asks to select a ship! Which I cannot, because Aran. If I board the Sirokos first and then try the board ship command, it is still the same. When using the "lauch all marines"-Command, it also asks to select a target. If I try to launch the boarding pods manually by selecting them and pressing "l" It says "no target for missile selected". :evil:
Could this be one of my mods? I had the aran captured in TC before. And there I had basically the same mods running, Mainly Codea, Bailing addon and Cycrows Salvage claim software+Community plugin+ Ware manager.

Help!

Edit: If I use a TP (Express) to find and board the aran, I can select "next ship: Aran" in the boarding menu. Why? WHY?
Well. Better than no chance of getting the Aran I guess. So I'll have to train my marines to the max now and try to find one without any xenon nearby...
"Jetzt zeige ich dir, wie ein Borone kämpft!" - "Ziel verlässt Feuerrreichweite."
"Jetzt zeige ich dir, wie ein Borone kämpft!" - "Hier ist mein Schiff."

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 4. Oct 23, 10:48

"If I try to launch the boarding pods manually by selecting them and pressing "l" ..." That's what I used to do (or maybe m then l ? - a long time ago for me) just by getting the boarding ship close to the Aran and pointing straight at it such that you cannot miss, and then manually launching pods.

I don't know if either some specific layout aspect of the Sirokos or maybe your mods may have affected that.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Thias
x3tc

Post by Thias » Mon, 23. Oct 23, 14:17

Dunno.
I have just started a new attempt on capturing. But it is cursed.
Last time I was in an Express, was able to push the marines towards the Aran, but they were too weak, weren't able to push though the hull. So no dice.

This time I went in with a Zephir and with 8 fully trained Marines. No boarding menu at all. Crap. Reload. Transfer all the stuff into an Express. Jump x times to find a non Xenon infested Aran -> No "board next ship" available. :evil:

Is it maybe the Aran hull being too low for boarding operation? Is there even a condition like that? :gruebel:

I'm now going in with a Katana. equipped with full bank of repair lasers. (Thats a mod, I think?) Wish me luck.
"Jetzt zeige ich dir, wie ein Borone kämpft!" - "Ziel verlässt Feuerrreichweite."
"Jetzt zeige ich dir, wie ein Borone kämpft!" - "Hier ist mein Schiff."

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”