X3 Reunion Talon mission - Modded, resolved by clean install

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

X3 Reunion Talon mission - Modded, resolved by clean install

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Sat, 30. Mar 19, 21:13

I've just got X3 Reunion and started playing it. When i got to the 3rd mission, I jump then the talon moves. It stops and infinite waves of ships spawn. I have no clue what to do as I've tried reloading saves, starting from scratch and uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it still doesnt work. :(
I play X2 a lot, possibly too much.
800 hours and counting :P

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3 Reunion Talon mission

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 30. Mar 19, 22:43

See if Simon Moon's X3R walkthough helps:
Spoiler
Show
Once you enter the system, Saya tells you they are docked to the west. That long station called "The Maurauder" is where you want to look for him. Get close to the station and the don makes a run for it. Igonre the big ship and the station, just go for the fighters until Saya tells you to engage your jumpdrive "shift+j". Once its activated, select the sector below, it's the only one you can jump to, and when it says it's charging, hit the SETA button so it jumps faster.

Now the strategy has changed, ignore the fighters and go for the talon right away. Hit it so its shields drop. You won't make it in the first run. Listen carefully to Saya, as the Talon jumps away again before you can complete it, then jump the instant she tells you. Jump after him again and repeat your performance until he gives up. Don't bother with the fighters at all until the Talon has jumped away. Once done, Saya picks up the crystal and you are left off somewhere in the universe. Mostly it's close to space you already know.
Moving to X Universe Trilogy (gameplay) forum from Tech Sp.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Sun, 31. Mar 19, 10:00

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 30. Mar 19, 22:43
See if Simon Moon's X3R walkthough helps:
Spoiler
Show
Once you enter the system, Saya tells you they are docked to the west. That long station called "The Maurauder" is where you want to look for him. Get close to the station and the don makes a run for it. Igonre the big ship and the station, just go for the fighters until Saya tells you to engage your jumpdrive "shift+j". Once its activated, select the sector below, it's the only one you can jump to, and when it says it's charging, hit the SETA button so it jumps faster.

Now the strategy has changed, ignore the fighters and go for the talon right away. Hit it so its shields drop. You won't make it in the first run. Listen carefully to Saya, as the Talon jumps away again before you can complete it, then jump the instant she tells you. Jump after him again and repeat your performance until he gives up. Don't bother with the fighters at all until the Talon has jumped away. Once done, Saya picks up the crystal and you are left off somewhere in the universe. Mostly it's close to space you already know.
Moving to X Universe Trilogy (gameplay) forum from Tech Sp.
The Talon doesn't even fire back once when i take it's shields down.

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Sun, 31. Mar 19, 10:54

Update: I have got past the problem but i cant do anything to him when he jumps again. Its the same problem as last time and i followed the guide very carefully.

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Sun, 31. Mar 19, 14:23

Update: nothing is working anymore. Idk what to do.

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Sun, 31. Mar 19, 15:13

Update: it was something wrong with the scripts.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 31. Mar 19, 17:26

" ..it was something wrong with the scripts." Do you mean that your game was modded?

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Sun, 31. Mar 19, 22:24

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 31. Mar 19, 17:26
" ..it was something wrong with the scripts." Do you mean that your game was modded?
Yeah. I put on Rogey's mod and realised i couldn't play the vanilla game with it. so i uninstalled it. then uninstalled the game, then reinstalled the game. found out some scripts were there for some reason. Uninstalled and reinstalled it again and that was the end of it.

Red-Spot
x3ap

Re: X3 Reunion Talon mission - Modded, resolved by clean install

Post by Red-Spot » Mon, 1. Apr 19, 13:49

Often when you remove games the uninstaller leaves whatever it did not install and with it leaves the folder structure, sometimes a folder structure in 'my documents' with saves. You generally want to take notice of it in order to decide whether that needs some deleting or not :)
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 1. Apr 19, 15:02

... hence the advice about thorough and clean reinstallation at the end of this thread which applies to most games.

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Tue, 2. Apr 19, 20:32

Thanks guys. I'll take all of this into note.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”