Odd corporate troubles plot mission outcome

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Captain Victor
x3tc

Odd corporate troubles plot mission outcome

Post by Captain Victor » Mon, 5. Nov 18, 06:54

x3 ap: I didn't post this in the technical support forums because there's nothing to be done that I can see it doesn't matter what save I reload its a point of curiosity. So back when I was using windows xp if I ever had to reload a save while doing the corporate troubles plot no matter how well the money was doing it would always be change out for a negative number when the next random mission came up after the save was reloaded, and the only way to stop it was exiting the game and reloading the save. With windows 7 pro the issue stopped happening so I thought finally I can play this plot with out problems but now I've hit this snag listed below.

Share recovery mission # 7 completed.
Corprate troubles mission for ad campaign mission coming up.
credits = 383,320,623
Selects options.
Name sector with stellar catrography mission comes up
Ad campaign endings:
big ad campaign end = -2,019,059,811
middle ground = -2,015,506,557
do nothing = -2,014,138,729
Whats going wrong here why is the money going into the negatives like that? There doesn't seem to be a darn thing that can be done I've reloaded every save I got just I'm puzzled about what happening sorry if moderators still think its for the technical forums.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Odd corporate troubles plot mission outcome

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 5. Nov 18, 08:10

Captain Victor wrote:
Mon, 5. Nov 18, 06:54
x3 ap: I didn't post this in the technical support forums because there's nothing to be done that I can see it doesn't matter what save I reload its a point of curiosity. So back when I was using windows xp if I ever had to reload a save while doing the corporate troubles plot no matter how well the money was doing it would always be change out for a negative number when the next random mission came up after the save was reloaded, and the only way to stop it was exiting the game and reloading the save. With windows 7 pro the issue stopped happening so I thought finally I can play this plot with out problems but now I've hit this snag listed below.

Share recovery mission # 7 completed.
Corprate troubles mission for ad campaign mission coming up.
credits = 383,320,623
Selects options.
Name sector with stellar catrography mission comes up
Ad campaign endings:
big ad campaign end = -2,019,059,811
middle ground = -2,015,506,557
do nothing = -2,014,138,729
Whats going wrong here why is the money going into the negatives like that? There doesn't seem to be a darn thing that can be done I've reloaded every save I got just I'm puzzled about what happening sorry if moderators still think its for the technical forums.
Hi,

so you have noticed that X3 uses signed 32-bit-integers for money, which is a known unchangeable fact. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer_overflow

cu
Rainer

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 5. Nov 18, 11:33

You can avoid this cosmetic (display) issue in X3AP by making sure you stay away from reaching over 2 billion credits in your player account. Transfer some big sums to the accounts of stations of yours in safe areas. You can always transfer some back if you need it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 5. Nov 18, 19:33

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 5. Nov 18, 11:33
You can avoid this cosmetic (display) issue in X3AP by making sure you stay away from reaching over 2 billion credits in your player account.
The problem is with the plot corporation, more specifically "L2M024.CorpBankBalance" variable in the "2.024 Player Corp" MD script. The ad campaign event will subtract 0 (do nothing), 1-2 million (middle), or 3-5 million (big), which lines up with the reported final balances. The problem is that the script appears to somehow accumulate a CorpBankBalance over 2 billion and overflow (or subtract 2+ billion at some step, but that's less likely).

After poking around for a few more minutes, it looks like the CorpBankBalance is adjusted by (CorpIncome - CorpOutgoing) every 60 minutes. I suppose if a game is left running long enough (lazy overnight SETA?), it can eventually reach 2 billion. A patch to the MD script would be needed to fix this, I think.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Tue, 6. Nov 18, 00:31

The amount in the bank balance only affects the discount on the corporate headquarters the player gets up to a fixed amount.

Captain Victor
x3tc

Post by Captain Victor » Tue, 6. Nov 18, 05:48

To clear some things up on my end, the money issue is for the plot corps accounts not mine, my personal money is at 72,519,792 right now. I've never reached over the 100 mill range I keep spending it on things like missiles and torps for my yaki missile frigate. Also I wasn't leaving the game running with seta active for a whole night but I have been logging 14 hrs or more of play during the day because there wasn't anything else I could really do. It usually involves patrolling the yaki sectors for build missions and blueprints I do use seta for that those are large sectors I end up watching youtube vids in my second monitor during that.

The corps plot account of 383,320,623 credits was reached at 11/04/2018 20:22:51 for the main save but there is the backup save before starting the corp plot and before placing my player hq if the location didn't work out but its a day over one week old at 10/26/2018 20:15:27. That's a lot of ships built and blueprints bought and a ship I boarded and reverse engineered and built twice I don't like the idea of going bye bye. If this is really the result of playing the game for too long a session at a time whats the amount of hrs played I should exit by to keep the negative account balance from happening?

Added a bit latter: I've even ended playing till 4am before accidentally.

Captain Victor
x3tc

Post by Captain Victor » Sat, 10. Nov 18, 01:00

DrSuperEvil wrote:
Tue, 6. Nov 18, 00:31
The amount in the bank balance only affects the discount on the corporate headquarters the player gets up to a fixed amount.
I bit late response to this post I've been writing out responses in text files for latter posting but yea I've gotten a headquarters before with a negative corp plot balance, its just its making me feel like I can't win and the HQ is a participation prize. That's why I'm asking how long I can play for per session while corp plot is active with out breaking the bank's balance into a negative number assuming that's whats really happening. I could always upload the save file's and auto saves.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”