NEWS: X3: Albion Prelude and X3: Terran Conflict updated

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 14:08

Hmm, the X3AP launcher says its version 3.2, so looks like I need to be patient :)

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 21:15

Thanks for making great updates to such an old game and for pushing them to GOG too. I actually was using window mode 1440p so those changes are welcome (I had to use a tool like Borderless Gaming before to avoid the taskbar issue, great to have native support instead).
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 05:14

Performance updates to my fave game x3tc? that hopefully can propagate to Litcube's and Mayhem mods?

EgoSoft, you see that big gravity wave approaching on all sensors?

Put your ear plugs in, because that's the big cosmic HUZZAH! coming your way.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 11:54

myrmidon wrote:Performance updates to my fave game x3tc? that hopefully can propagate to Litcube's and Mayhem mods?
They were general engine optimisations, so they should do.
myrmidon wrote:EgoSoft, you see that big gravity wave approaching on all sensors?

Put your ear plugs in, because that's the big cosmic HUZZAH! coming your way.
Great, now we have to replace our windows :roll:

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 16:20

CBJ wrote:The performance improvements will depend on the situation. They are not huge, but they should be at their most noticeable in situations where the are a lot of bullets flying around. If your game was previously limited by GPU constraints rather than CPU then you probably won't see any difference at all.
Are these improvements in the .exe or .obj files?

"Bullets In Progress" is the largest performance impact in LU right now. If this has been fixed in the .exe, LU will get a large weapons update.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 19:10

The change is in the EXE, not the story files. And yes, instances where there are a large amount of bullets is one of the cases which will be improved. Of course large battles are still going to be heavy on performance, but hopefully you'll see enough of a gain to make the changes you want.

We'd of course be interested in the FPS changes people see, mod or not.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 20:46

Xenon_Slayer wrote: We'd of course be interested in the FPS changes people see, mod or not.
Right, time to go lurk in War Zone sectors... :D
And the battle in Interworlds early in the CW-side main plot...
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 23:08

Xenon_Slayer wrote:The change is in the EXE, not the story files. And yes, instances where there are a large amount of bullets is one of the cases which will be improved. Of course large battles are still going to be heavy on performance, but hopefully you'll see enough of a gain to make the changes you want.

We'd of course be interested in the FPS changes people see, mod or not.
Great news, thank you for the patch! The idea that Litcube's Universe will be even better thanks to this update is great.

tyk
x4

Re: NEWS: X3: Albion Prelude and X3: Terran Conflict updated

Post by tyk » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 18:35

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
X3: Terran Conflict 3.4

• Added Borderless/Window mode resolution listing for QHD standard 2560x1440
Well, the biggest resolution I see is 2560x1024. In the fullscreen listing the correct resolution (x1440) is showed but not in the borderless or windowed. The same bug is with AP too. I'm on Windows 10 / GTX 980TI & latest nvidia drivers.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 18:42

Are you sure you've updated your games correctly? The fullscreen resolution would have been available before the update, so that's not an indication.

tyk
x4

Post by tyk » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 18:47

CBJ wrote:Are you sure you've updated your games correctly? The fullscreen resolution would have been available before the update, so that's not an indication.
I have the GOG version (with Galaxy Client) so the game was automatically updated. I also run the "verify/repair game" and it did not make any difference.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 18:56

I'm now seeing the same problem and I'm now trying to find out why the change didn't appear in the released version.

tyk
x4

Post by tyk » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 19:00

CBJ wrote:I'm now seeing the same problem and I'm now trying to find out why the change didn't appear in the released version.
Thank you for your fast replies! Let's hope the bug is easy to solve.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 21:39

For anyone else waiting for the GOG files (manual install files, not the update via Galaxy client) .. They updated today :D

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 04:45

.. Although there's a strange thing going on with GOG files :

After installation of "X3: Terran War Pack", it leaves you with ONE desktop icon which is named also X3: Terran War Pack

Double clicking that you would expect (given the content is both X3TC and X3AP) that you would be presented with launching either game ..

.. Instead it just launches X3TC.exe

Anyone new to the game, and buying it from GOG, will probably never realise they have a whole new game to experience if they just changed the Icon properties to load X3AP.exe instead.

@CBJ do you know if GOG were given any direction as to how to present these two games so that anyone using it would know there is much more content here than just X3TC ?

I wonder if they thought "X3TC is version 3.4, and X3AP is version 3.3, so X3TC is the newer game" .. Which as we all know would be completely wrong.

Ideally the Installer ought to have setup two icons on the desktop, one for each game, but it does not.

tyk
x4

Post by tyk » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 11:25

alt3rn1ty wrote:.. Although there's a strange thing going on with GOG files :

After installation of "X3: Terran War Pack", it leaves you with ONE desktop icon which is named also X3: Terran War Pack

Double clicking that you would expect (given the content is both X3TC and X3AP) that you would be presented with launching either game ..

.. Instead it just launches X3TC.exe
AP is difficult to find in GOG Galaxy too. You need to click "More" (next to the "Play" button), then select "Other" and then you can see an option to launch AP. Quite silly UI design for a game client :?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 12:16

It turns out that the missing additional resolution was caused by a file (res.dat) that was missed from the update. This has now been rectified on Steam, and GOG will be informed, hopefully later today, so that they can sort it out too. Apologies for any inconvenience.

tyk
x4

Post by tyk » Wed, 13. Dec 17, 15:41

CBJ wrote:It turns out that the missing additional resolution was caused by a file (res.dat) that was missed from the update. This has now been rectified on Steam, and GOG will be informed, hopefully later today, so that they can sort it out too. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Excellent news, thank you! :)

stonedsub
x3ap

Post by stonedsub » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 01:34

Yes it's good to see updates !
For what i can tell , FPS nearly unchanged but more stable and CPU charge clearly reduced.
Smoother game experience. Nice !

:thumb_up:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 14. Dec 17, 05:50

yup :-) Nice to know my favourite game of longest standing is still getting tweaked here and there.

Thanks guys.

btw, GOG sent notifications of XRebirth updates, which directed me to the list on this site.
I was curious to chck X3,too.
Hence found this post.
So they have notified GOG users, indirectly.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”