X2 - Move factory location when placing it with hired TL

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Syn3rgy

X2 - Move factory location when placing it with hired TL

Post by Syn3rgy » Thu, 6. Jul 17, 09:43

Hi all

When I want to place a factory, I call the TL over and then ask it to drop the freight.

A yellow block appears and then flashes a location, but I don't know how to move it to a more favourable spot.

I am trying to set up a loop in Herrons Nebula and would like to place the factories as close together as possible.

What is the key to move that location or get more options of where it can be placed?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 6. Jul 17, 14:30

Moving to X Trilogy Universe (vanilla gameplay) forum.

I'm not too sure how your issue arose as you should have been taken through a help tutorial that tells you about using the numberpad keys to move the station icon before final placement when building your first station in the game, but this thread may help you anyway.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Syn3rgy

Post by Syn3rgy » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 15:16

Thanks Alan

It seems the Function key on my laptop is not working properly, hence the numpad keys not being able to move the location.

Once I have that working, I will give it another crack.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 15:30

Syn3rgy wrote:Thanks Alan

It seems the Function key on my laptop is not working properly, hence the numpad keys not being able to move the location.

Once I have that working, I will give it another crack.
try [Num Lock] - this should perma-enable the "fake" Num Pad ;) (dont forget to disable it when done 6r y64 w533 wr5te 5n n40bers :D )
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”