New to X Universe wants to find some lore

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Post Reply
mrtaufner
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 4. May 17, 16:53
x3

New to X Universe wants to find some lore

Post by mrtaufner » Sat, 6. May 17, 19:35

Hi everyone.

I just want to introduce myself as a newcomer to this Universe.

I bought last Thursday a second-hand retail copy of X3: Reunion (Collector's Edition). The box-art completely got me...

And guess what?

Whoever owned this game before never registered his game, so I'm having the honor to join this community instead. I'm greatly pleased to know there's a great community of lovers of this game. Lots of mods and scripts and a VAST universe to explore.

So I wanted to know where to begin with all this stuff, especially when this isn't an easy game and there are many factors to deal with.

Sirrobert
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed, 21. Aug 13, 13:55
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 6. May 17, 20:28

You'll find all your lore needs in the X-Encyclopedia.
Which is here: https://www.egosoft.com/download/superbox/bonus_en.php

It's a good read.

As for in game itself, just jump. Don't be scared by the massive game. It won't bite :wink:
It'll take some time to get the hang off everything, but once you do, you'll be playing the game like a piano (or at least that's how I play X3 AP these days, jumping through menus)
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

mrtaufner
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 4. May 17, 16:53
x3

Post by mrtaufner » Sun, 7. May 17, 12:41

Sirrobert wrote:You'll find all your lore needs in the X-Encyclopedia.
Which is here: https://www.egosoft.com/download/superbox/bonus_en.php

It's a good read.

As for in game itself, just jump. Don't be scared by the massive game. It won't bite :wink:
It'll take some time to get the hang off everything, but once you do, you'll be playing the game like a piano (or at least that's how I play X3 AP these days, jumping through menus)
Something that is really pissing me off is that "INCOMING MESSAGE" every few minutes. I still haven't find out how to check those messages lol

Everything else is just fine. I like what I see in this game.

jlehtone
Posts: 18511
Joined: Sat, 23. Apr 05, 21:42
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 7. May 17, 13:35

Welcome to X-Universe, pilot! :)


If you do press the 'Enter' on numpad, you should get a menu that has "incoming message" as one entry.

If you do press the other 'Enter', you do get icons, one of them is 'Pilot', and by selecting that you should see icon 'Messages' (among other things).

If you do press 'Esc', you do get different icons (like Save and Load) and right next to them 'Controls'. That opens a menu, where you can see/change some shortcut keys.


Have you updated the game to latest version?
https://www.egosoft.com/download/x3/patches_en.php

Have you installed the Bonus Package?
https://www.egosoft.com/download/x3/bonus_en.php
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

mrtaufner
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 4. May 17, 16:53
x3

Post by mrtaufner » Sun, 7. May 17, 18:19

jlehtone wrote:Welcome to X-Universe, pilot! :)


If you do press the 'Enter' on numpad, you should get a menu that has "incoming message" as one entry.

If you do press the other 'Enter', you do get icons, one of them is 'Pilot', and by selecting that you should see icon 'Messages' (among other things).

If you do press 'Esc', you do get different icons (like Save and Load) and right next to them 'Controls'. That opens a menu, where you can see/change some shortcut keys.

Have you updated the game to latest version?
https://www.egosoft.com/download/x3/patches_en.php

Have you installed the Bonus Package?
https://www.egosoft.com/download/x3/bonus_en.php
Thanks for that tip. I've been certainly struggling with the bindings :D

Yea, I did patch the game up but didn't know about the bonus package. Will install right now!

Thanks!

Sirrobert
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed, 21. Aug 13, 13:55
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 7. May 17, 19:46

mrtaufner wrote:
Sirrobert wrote:You'll find all your lore needs in the X-Encyclopedia.
Which is here: https://www.egosoft.com/download/superbox/bonus_en.php

It's a good read.

As for in game itself, just jump. Don't be scared by the massive game. It won't bite :wink:
It'll take some time to get the hang off everything, but once you do, you'll be playing the game like a piano (or at least that's how I play X3 AP these days, jumping through menus)
Something that is really pissing me off is that "INCOMING MESSAGE" every few minutes. I still haven't find out how to check those messages lol

Everything else is just fine. I like what I see in this game.
Might wanna go through all the keybindings in the menu then.
Shift+M is the hotkey for messages.

Or just mouse click on the messages icon on the left (bottom)
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

User avatar
Erqco
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun, 7. Nov 10, 15:43
x4

Post by Erqco » Tue, 9. May 17, 08:07

Bienvenido sevillano.
I think that you will be the only one understanding my nickname.
AP is my favorite, the learning curve in any X game is very step, but when you got to them you will enjoy a lot. most of the time.

Install the mods that are signed and don't modify your game, most of them are really necessary.

I still having my old saves.

I am sure that I will put another thousand hours in AP.

Post Reply

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”