Latest updates for X3: Albion Prelude and X3: Terran Conflict - Updated 2017-12-07

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

OzWraith
x3tc

Post by OzWraith » Tue, 27. Jun 17, 06:15

Pro tip: If your My Documents folder (Or OS equivalent) is in your friendly cloud storage (Google/One Drive, Dropbox etc) like it hopefully should be, you can usually log into the web interface of that cloud service and restore removed/lost files.

If you don't use such a service, then the "Pro Tip" becomes: Synchronise your home folder with a cloud service. They'll handle offsite backups of your files. They all offer a free tier of a few GB, more than enough for most people's basic personal documents.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 15:35

A further update has been released for both games. See the initial post in this thread. :)

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 16:44

Sweeeeet :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 17:23

Are the nonsteam executables updated as well? I'm playing a AP modded game on alternate folder, I'll be glad to take advantage of the updates in my current playthrough too.
Ricarica et impera!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 18:37

Yes, the patch for non-Steam X3TC installations and the NoSteam EXE for X3AP should both be available on the Downloads page. :)

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 21:19

Thanks! Just downloaded! :)

EDIT: After the TC patch installation and overwriting x3ap.exe the AP launcher tells me I've got an incorrect version of the exe. My savegame was loaded without any errors though... Should I tweak something else?

EDIT2: Never mind, got infos from the other sticky post, copied all the new \addon files from my updated steam installation and error dialog is gone. :)
Last edited by Pitagora on Thu, 7. Dec 17, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
Ricarica et impera!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 21:44

Make sure that both games, X3TC and X3AP, are updated by Steam. Additionally, if you use the NoSteam.exe make to sure to download the updated version from here.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 21:52

Yup, atm there's no specific AP patch for nonsteam installations in download section, guessed the TC offline patch could update AP files too but it didn't.
There are some changes in \addon folder too so I've fixed it as per my EDIT2 in my previous post.

Thanks again.
Ricarica et impera!

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 11:17

Well my great new X3 AP w/Terran War Pack got delivered today.
(Note that pretty black oval that checkmark is in :D )

But before I even TRY to load it up I foresee an issue (Or is it)

The shipped version is 2.0. The No Steam executable is 3.3?

Is going to work? No my desktop is without internet connection.
Even if it wasn't Steam and I have some professional issues.
I'd chop off my arm before logging in with them.
Any way to upgrade my copy to UNSTEAM-O-FY it?
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 11:40

Any disc version of the Terran War pack is bound to Steam, and thus requires Steam to be installed and updated. Once the game is installed using Steam (Steam always automatically installs the latest version), you can copy the whole X3 Terran Conflict Steam folder (including the X3AP "addon" folder) elsewhere (for example by using a USB stick from your computer with internet access to the one without) and run the game(s) by using the NoSteam.exe for X3AP or the X3TC.exe from the latest X3TC retail patch for X3TC, which you can find in our downloads section.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 14:10

Wish I'd read more of the posts boss. Well my internet connection to my desktop should be up in (?) So I'll HAVE to wait tell then :roll:
(sound of knuckles cracking) :D. "Here little program..." :P
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

WinterSnowfall

Re:

Post by WinterSnowfall » Mon, 11. Nov 19, 22:03

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 7. Dec 17, 15:35
A further update has been released for both games. See the initial post in this thread. :)
The funny thing is I've been playing X3AP v3.3 on Windows for a while now, but I was just now trying to move my saves over to a Linux machine, only to notice the GOG Linux installers are still on v3.1a. Any chance we'll see this latest version for Linux on GOG?

Sorkvild
x3tc

Re: Latest updates for X3: Albion Prelude and X3: Terran Conflict - Updated 2017-12-07

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 13:49

New update for Albion Prelude 11mb? What files does this update change/replace?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Latest updates for X3: Albion Prelude and X3: Terran Conflict - Updated 2017-12-07

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 14:27

Please see this.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”