X3TC: OFF Military Outpost hostile and can't be hacked

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 28. Nov 16, 08:34

I think you're right, Raven. There's always unlucky odds but I remember after some later revisions I wasn't getting any hacks. It was easier to be very careful and to reload if something happened.

It was weird in the early versions, to get a hack turning the Military
Base blue early in the plot, then having it flip to red when it was time to dock. There were a few games when I started over because I had no good answer.

Good luck.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 28. Nov 16, 10:06

Yes, judicious saving of the game is a skill that the X-series certainly trains in us :D It's the same for me in Rebirth - though most of the game-stoppers have been fixed by now, still occasionally a ship decides to run away from an attack while executing a trade, and then gets irrevocably stuck, leaving no recourse but to reload, for example... In TC and AP I also still do timed sequential saves - typically I have hourly ones, and if I am feeling particularly paranoid, a daily one too. And all that only for the sake of forestalling or avoiding bugs, as I hate reloading in general (I don't do it to "rewrite history", such as with boarding, for example - that feels too "cheaty" to me).
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 28. Nov 16, 10:07

RAVEN.myst wrote:
soulmata wrote:Bill: I'm fairly confident station hacks for that MO can't be generated
As far as I'm aware, that's correct. Just to clarify, the station in question for you is actually the Military BASE, not the Military OUTPOST, though they look the same and are functionally identical. That last being the case, I know from experience that if the MO in the same sector, the one that is turned red by the Pearle jailbreak, is not turned blue by OFF, then there is no other way to do it - it stays that way. In my latest game, this happened to me (for some reason, OFF didn't turn it blue, even though I played in correct sequence), and I really wanted to check its available marines (a few had high price tags, so may have been decent - I only use one race's ships/stations/marines per game, and this was an Argon game), so I too great pains to maximise odds of a station hack mission - I was lucky enough for a pirate base to be built in the unknown sector next to Argon M148, and I took some station building missions from there to add several more pirate-owned stations to the sector - to no avail. Game DAYS later, I could still not find station hacks there, despite many many and very frequent visits, including sector exit/re-entry sessions to stimulate generic mission generation. Nada. Zip. Bugger-all. 19+ game days into the game, I'm now waiting to deliver the last microchips to my X-Hub (all other plots etc having long since been completed) so that I can play the HQ plot, and that station is still annoyingly red (now I don't care about the marines anymore, of course, as my personnel situation is fine, but it just annoys me on principle, hehehehe)

My supposition is that the MB in M148 is the same in this regard (I haven't had this problem myself, as I am extremely careful of inflicting friendly fire, so such incidents are pretty much unheard of in my games), and what I've read on this forum and elsewhere seems to back that up - the only "hacks" that work are game hacks (mods).
Wait...isn't the OUTPOST used only in the Terran plot? So OFF turns it blue, but just because it is in the sector, not because you actually need it, right?

If this is correct I'm thinking that after the Terran plot gets done with it the invulnerability would be turned off. That makes the "blow it up and see if it respawns blue" a possibility. Doesn't get you access to the marines, since they get blown up, but maybe solves the annoyance.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

PJG1973

Re: X3TC: OFF Military Outpost hostile and can't be hacked

Post by PJG1973 » Fri, 7. May 21, 13:01

Sorry to bump this but after trying for days to apologise, hack and destroy the military base - it'll never change to blue (and I'll never finish OFF?) Any chance egosoft will patch this? Because it was days of toil before looking this up I have no saves left where it wasnt red.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3TC: OFF Military Outpost hostile and can't be hacked

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 7. May 21, 15:07

@ PJG1973. No, Egosoft are unlikely to be working any more on X3TC plots. Your best bet if you have tried everything suggested in vanilla will probably be to go down the modding route by asking in the S&M forum how to find and change the station hostility attribute in your save. Not everybody has had this issue and so it must be an unforeseen sequence of events or coincidences that leads up to it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”