X2 - Patrol Single Sector command

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Unkgamer

X2 - Patrol Single Sector command

Post by Unkgamer » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 14:20

I am trying to keep my M6 busy while I 'collect' freighters for my growing number of stations. I decided to set up a single sector patrol, but ran into a small problem.... I can't figure out how to set the waypoints on the map! :oops:

Does anyone know which key or button combination is used to set them?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 18:01

***Not a scripts and modding issue, therefore moved to the X Trilogy Universe forum***

The numpad keys are used to move the cursor on the map and insert coordinates. See also [FAQ] How to insert certain coordinates at the sector map? (The article was written for X3, but it should work the same in X2.)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Telacom
x4

Post by Telacom » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 18:41

Hey There.
I am Danish so sorry the spelling, hope you forgive that.
1. When you got the sectormap by pressing (.) Mark your fighter and press Enter. Press the following (C) Command (2) Combat (7) Patroll single sector, Press enter on the sector, Mark fighter pres Enter on sector.againe go on with that until is says command accepted. ill hope it is right.Try yourselv.

Telacom
x4

Re: X2 - Patrol Single Sector command

Post by Telacom » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 18:45

Unkgamer wrote:I am trying to keep my M6 busy while I 'collect' freighters for my growing number of stations. I decided to set up a single sector patrol, but ran into a small problem.... I can't figure out how to set the waypoints on the map! :oops:

Does anyone know which key or button combination is used to set them?
At first, you need to open the sector map. If you use a commando, e.g. "Fly to...", the sector map will open automatically if necessary. Otherwise press [.] to open the map manually.

It is not possible to enter coordinates directly. Instead you have to move the cursor on the sector map with the NumBlock keys [4] [6] [2] [8]. The current coordinates are located at the bottom right corner. From top to down there are X | Y | Z -coordinates, which are given in kilometers.

After you have opend the map, you will see the coordinate system of the map as top view. With [4] & [6] you can move the cursor on the X-axis of the coordinate system. With [4] into the negative direction, with [6] into the positive direction of the system.
With [2] & [8] you can move the cursor on the Z-axis of the coordinate system. With [2] into negative direction and with [8] into positive direction of the system.
To be able to adjust coordinates on the Y-axis you have to switch the view of the map. Therefore press [Ins]. Now you have the map as lateral view. With [2] & [8] you can move the curser on the Y-axis of the map. With [2] into the negative, with [8] into the positive direction of the axis.
With [4] & [6] you can move the curser on the X-axis.

By default, the zoom is set at 100%. By pressing [Home] you can minimize the zoom level to 50% to see a bigger excerpt of the sector. You can also scale the zoom level by pressing [End] to up to 25600%. By doing this you will just see a extremely small excerpt of the sector, but you can adjust coordinates or place objects hyper-accurate.

Unkgamer

Post by Unkgamer » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 21:41

Thanks Telacom for the quick reply to my question!

I guess I expected more from the script than it was designed to do. I was looking for a marker to appear on the map showing that a waypoint was placed similar to when you tell a TL to drop freight. It also goes back to the universe map instead of sector map which made me think I was doing something incorrectly...

M6 is on patrol now :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”