X3 AP Tormented Teladi wont unlock

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DiveBomberDave
x3

X3 AP Tormented Teladi wont unlock

Post by DiveBomberDave » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 05:43

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone could help me?

I have started AP and rushed through the Argon plot (I guess this replaces the main TC plot) and have my trade rank to petty financier. I have saved my game and exited but there is no tormented teladi game start option.

Do I need to finish the hub and HQ plots to open it now?

Although this page http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=222810 only says I need the trade rank.

Maybe it is a problem with playing offline, but it was allways a program thing, nothing to do with steam.

Any help will be appreciated, I need to be a Poisoned Paranid to start a proper game.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 06:00

Is the Boring Boron available? It says it has the same prereqs as the other one. If all else fails, you could always do the registry trick (Google it).

I'm not too sure but perhaps you have to unlock in TC and not AP? I did that game start and it was available right away, but I played TC for ages and just installed AP and it was there.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 06:10

No there is no Boring Boron either.

I opened my steam TC and all of the game starts and my non steam save games are there.

I'm researching the registry trick now, I really don't mind replaying the plots again to open everything properly. I'm a bit of a serial restarter.

Thanks mate.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 06:27

Thanks Sinxar,

All working now, I did the registry trick.

Not sure if I've lost my TC pirate starts as they were not shown in the AP start list.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 06:29

I was just looking around myself. It should be separate. But here is a warning from Alan Phipps:
Alan Phipps wrote:You know, I am currently unaware of any gamestarts that can be unlocked and function in vanilla X3AP other than Tormented Teladi and Poisoned Paranid. The regedit trick may make them show but whether they will work in the new game scenario ...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 22:49

DiveBomberDave wrote:Thanks Sinxar,

All working now, I did the registry trick.

Not sure if I've lost my TC pirate starts as they were not shown in the AP start list.
What pirate starts? There are no vanilla pirate starts in TC, so any you have must be from a TC-specific mod. And a modded TC can affect AP, perhaps causing the problem you're having.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Tue, 15. Jan 13, 01:24

Yeah, the pirate starts are a mod.

They are still showing in steam TC so I suppose they work.

Sinxar that may be right, AP still shows Lost Lar but I think I read somewhere that you can't do that start in AP.
Maybe I should try it.

But my AP seems to be all working now.

12 hours in to Poisoned Paranid and have an iguana vanguard and now 1.2mil creds, no stock exchange or abandoned ships (as they are now randomly located, what a bitch). All manual trading, It's been a long time (X2) since I have had to play like that, it was good for a change.

Naztrya

Re: X3 AP Tormented Teladi wont unlock

Post by Naztrya » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 16:29

Yes yes it's necroing, but why open a new thread since this is top answer in google ;-)

BTT: I had the same issue as the thread creator and the solution is very simple and no registry trick required:
Petty Financier ranges from 3000-6000 Points, while the unlock requires 3333 points. Thus I played to Petty Financier 13% and this was sufficient for unlocking Tormented Teladi and Boring Boron.
Prolly around 12% should be sufficient.

Have a good one and please no hitting for necroing ;-)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3 AP Tormented Teladi wont unlock

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 18:10

"Have a good one and please no hitting for necroing ;-) " - Then don't do it! :D

This old thread was mainly about the perils of doing registry hacks to get X3TC gamestarts shown in X3AP (and then them not always working) and not about vanilla unlock requirements anyway. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”