Khaak in AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shea
x4

Khaak in AP

Post by shea » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 15:46

guys i was just wondering is the Khaak in Albion prelude,as i havent came across them yet
Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 15:49

If you played TC
Spoiler
Show
You killed them off in OFF (Operation Final Fury)
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

shea
x4

Post by shea » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 15:50

Ah I c i didnt get to finnish TC
Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 16:15

they do show up every now and again, for example ive done a patrol mission or two where a Khaak corvette was the attacking force backed up by a half dozen or so fighters. but its more like they are raiders now than a major threat.

i still havnt seen any random Khaak clusters kicking about same as i havnt seen and carriers or destroyers...

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 16:24

ConCorDian wrote:they do show up every now and again, for example ive done a patrol mission or two where a Khaak corvette was the attacking force backed up by a half dozen or so fighters.
This bug was fixed in 1.1.

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 19:19

I wish they would bring them back, I feared them the most :)
- Please check out & vote on my X4:F expansion idea thread

[ external image ]

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 19:39

Smart_Bomb wrote:I wish they would bring them back, I feared them the most :)
Removing Kha'aks from the regular universe after the final fury makes sense. But I was a bit disappointed when Kha'aks disappeared from the UFJD sectors as well. This doesn't make much sense - did the united FOF force jump into every UFJD sector to wipe them out there?

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 19:46

The player character from TC killed them all.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 20:02

kurush wrote:did the united FOF force jump into every UFJD sector to wipe them out there?
Maybe the Khaak are now so scared and depleted that all ships were called back to their main territories.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

nelG3010
x4

Post by nelG3010 » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 04:33

They cant go on raids in UFJD sectors without a base in the regular universe to go raiding from.

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 11:15

KloHunt3r wrote:The player character from TC killed them all.
O Julian!

[ external image ]

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 11:18

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
kurush wrote:did the united FOF force jump into every UFJD sector to wipe them out there?
Maybe the Khaak are now so scared and depleted that all ships were called back to their main territories.
How will my biggest wish for all of x3 as Kha'ak for a playable race ever come to fruition? Ive been sending jolly ranchers and cupcakes for months now to the programmers, are you suggesting this was all in vain? :shock:

[ external image ]

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 22:21

id love to see a return of the Khaak. but again to keep the Lore not to have them return to attacks on the standard galaxy but perhaps have some sort of story that OFF thought they took out the Khaak's home system but have found out that it wasn't...

then perhaps through in a situation where there is a small chance that the UFJD will take you to their homesystem (and make it big, not Aldrin big but larger than any other) and fill it FULL of Khaak, that would give us a chance to give our Fleets a chance of one hell of a fight...

they could maybe even give them a new missile or two that only their Guardians can fire in Barrages a bit like a Khaak M7M but stationary...

it would be an optional thing, if a player reaches a point in their game that they have a Huge Fleet they could then jump to this sector and have a nice big rumble... the sector could have a dozen Guardians dotted around it, and something like half a dozen Carriers, Destroyers... few dozen Corvettes and Large Clusters.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 22:52

Smart_Bomb wrote:Ive been sending jolly ranchers and cupcakes for months now to the programmers, are you suggesting this was all in vain?
Try pizza and coffee the next time. ;)
id love to see a return of the Khaak.
I wouldn't. Especially not, if they're again just these unknown and dangerous enemies no one can communicate with. After all in X3TC we were still fighting against the same Khaak as in X2 and X3R. Three games and apart from a few pieces of information we've got from Kyle Brennan in the X3R story and a few rumors, we know almost nothing about the Khaak and there hasn't been any other interaction possibility apart from fighting. That's imho rather boring.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 06:07

ConCorDian wrote:id love to see a return of the Khaak. but again to keep the Lore not to have them return to attacks on the standard galaxy but perhaps have some sort of story that OFF thought they took out the Khaak's home system but have found out that it wasn't...

then perhaps through in a situation where there is a small chance that the UFJD will take you to their homesystem (and make it big, not Aldrin big but larger than any other) and fill it FULL of Khaak, that would give us a chance to give our Fleets a chance of one hell of a fight...

they could maybe even give them a new missile or two that only their Guardians can fire in Barrages a bit like a Khaak M7M but stationary...

it would be an optional thing, if a player reaches a point in their game that they have a Huge Fleet they could then jump to this sector and have a nice big rumble... the sector could have a dozen Guardians dotted around it, and something like half a dozen Carriers, Destroyers... few dozen Corvettes and Large Clusters.
I would too, they are my favorite to fight and favorite to reverse engineer and making my own purple death flowers. Since In AP we have racial wars I think the Kha’ak would fit right in since they are going to want revenge for blowing up their ‘home world’ Since we all know too well not having a home world doesn’t really mean a huge loss in military might.
They could select certain sectors to attempt to take over just like in AP between races fighting and you can pick up mission from local stations to push them back. If they blow up all the stations and all the capital class ship then they ‘claim’ the sector and slowly warp in Kha’ak builders and start putting up shipyards and equipment docks then do small raids at adjacent sectors.

Obviously the old owner would build up a military force and try to reclaim/rebuild and you can participate too. As long as the Kha’ak own the sector they will send small and medium raiding party’s in adjacent sectors so that could affect your traders /stations and it will definitely effect the local economy which could lower credit opportunities.

You would need to put a cap on how many sector take overs are allowed depending on the game difficulty start.

[ external image ]

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 06:59

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Smart_Bomb wrote:Ive been sending jolly ranchers and cupcakes for months now to the programmers, are you suggesting this was all in vain?
Try pizza and coffee the next time. ;)
id love to see a return of the Khaak.
I wouldn't. Especially not, if they're again just these unknown and dangerous enemies no one can communicate with. After all in X3TC we were still fighting against the same Khaak as in X2 and X3R. Three games and apart from a few pieces of information we've got from Kyle Brennan in the X3R story and a few rumors, we know almost nothing about the Khaak and there hasn't been any other interaction possibility apart from fighting. That's imho rather boring.

Pizza and Coffee it is! Ever tried a pizza with a light coffee bean topping? Beats 5 hour energy any day! :D

Actually I respectfully disagree with you, the mystery of the Kha’ak can keep them in the plot for ages. Just like in the TV show LOST the unsolved mysteries is what people kept coming back and wanting more. With so much mystery enveloping them I can even envision an expansion in rebirth dedicated to the Kha’ak that will bring them more to the light and allow you to see how far the rabbit hole can go.

I've always wanted a Kha'ak start that has its own fully functioning economy, shipyards, equipment docks, war targets, sector take overs and specialized missions. I would want something completely different from the standard mold of the common wealth one that really can envelope you in their mysterious world and add a whole new level to the game.

[ external image ]

Vanir
x4

Post by Vanir » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 11:55

May be they will be back like the Cylons - sometime.

Err, I don't feel bored when I'm in the thick of a Khaak scout furball; do you?

I get a bit nervous when I meet a Khaak M2 - I have nightmares about hearing that 'buzz' of their beam weapons.

I have not played XTC or AP as I'm still playing Reunion - playing the one start since Reunion came out. When I'm Xtreme in Reunion I'll start XTC - should be in this month.

Looking forward to meeting them again. I'm such a liar!
Trading in War is a respectable and peaceful profession.

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 12:15

Vanir wrote:May be they will be back like the Cylons - sometime
The devs got rid of the khaak because people kept making silly comments about the name.

Why else would the devs write out the khaak (FF), they were the BEST enemies in the entire game, instant hit beam weapons, none of this dog fighting nonsense, scary scary, brilliant.

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Sat, 10. Mar 12, 02:55

Bring them back with more frightening ships and varied color schemes and more aggressive behaviors.

Lore wise you can say they ‘Evolved’ to adapt to the common wealth and the xenon’s weaponry and they are calling themselves ‘__________’

Name fixed, cool way to come back into the story and visually more appealing in the form of scariness.

One piece of the evolution would be m7m with 6-12 attached m3 fighters. That would be a super-scary purple death lotus flower. :twisted:

[ external image ]

goslin
x3ap

Post by goslin » Sat, 10. Mar 12, 03:05

Nah, what the universe needs is zombies. Like for example, if the Xenon learned to "terraform" ships. As in, hit them with something like boarding pods filled with nanites which give the xenon remote control, eject the life support system, and either immediately start fighting their former allies or jump to the Xenon shipyard for retrofitting.

Lets say all "zombie" ships move 25% slower but have 25% more hull and 25% more weapon energy generation, and can equip a couple xenon/zombie only type weapons.

Yep I know, coolest idea ever. Gogogo make it now!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”