X3AP Retail versions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 30. May 12, 18:25

If by "over here" you mean the US, then you're almost certainly not seeing advertising for the simple reason that there is no US publisher for the game.

Without getting bogged down in the details, many of which I don't know anyway, US publishers tend to be more conservative than in many other parts of the world, and less willing to take on titles that do not fit into the major FPS/RTS/RPG genres. Indeed, with the high fixed costs associated with a run of DVD production and packaging, it's increasingly hard for publishers in many countries to justify releasing games that way unless they can be pretty sure of selling millions of copies.

If you live in a country that doesn't have a publishing or distribution deal, then there is nothing stopping you from ordering the game from an importer, or from a supplier willing to ship internationally. The Egosoft shop does this, as do various retailers. You don't even have to order the English version. If you can only find, say, the German version available for international delivery, then the only difference is in the packaging; the contents of the DVDs are exactly the same. :)

Oh, and as always: please take general discussion of the pros and cons of Steam to the extensive Steam thread in the X Rebirth forum. :)

ken851
x3

Post by ken851 » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 17:57

1 -- I have the Superbox, but the DVD i damaged, is there any way I can get a replacement if I send the disk back to ??? with postage ???.

2 -- I have finally got X- beyond the fontier, X2 The Treath and Reunion to work on GA790 DX4, 5670 1Gb radon, 8 Gb ram 7 pro 64 bit using cat 12.3. updating, C++ 2010. I am super chuffed to see the grafics, and the game play on one of my 2 screens. Deleated from XP PC and reinstalled on to 7pro 64 bit.

3. I wish the command screens was on a floating screen to the other physical screen. Because I am slow and old I take time to do things.
4- I am one of those who want a hard copy on DVD.
I like your manuals in PDF. I will be printing some of the pages. I wish I had a A1 printer on got A4.
5- I love the old games as they are (excluding bugs) but wound like them upgraded to the new TEC of 64 bit, multi screen, 3D passive.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 18:09

ken851 wrote:I have the Superbox, but the DVD i damaged, is there any way I can get a replacement if I send the disk back to ??? with postage ???.
That's something you'd have to ask the publisher, as they are the ones who deal with the companies that produce the disks. However, they would be under no obligation to do so (unless the disk was damaged when you bought it) and quite frankly I doubt they have spare disks lying around any more than Egosoft does. A much simpler solution might be to simply register your Superbox with Steam and download the game from there.

ken851
x3

Post by ken851 » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 14:23

Thank You

Iwill try to reg the superbox as soon as i figure it out.
Finding the discs are difficult as I dont use the net to buy.

thanks again

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 26. Jun 12, 22:02

If you have the x-encyclopedia edition,the code key is on the leaflet that explains how to bind the 'pedia.
Not sure of other versions.

SurvivorSue
x3ap

No steam.exe!

Post by SurvivorSue » Mon, 9. Jul 12, 09:20

I have just managed, after much trial and tribulation and a lot advice in the Support Forum, to get the No steam.exe to work!
Anyone considering buying the War Pack on the proviso that they can neutralise Steam with this download, I would advise reading my thread in the support forum. Although I no doubt contributed to the difficulty myself by using an old laptop and being a non-tech. type of girl, the fact that installing Steam, TC and AP from disk was far easier than getting the all important download to work, cannot be got around?
Again I thank the Support Forum advisers for helping me get through such a painful experience!

imortalvalk
x4

Post by imortalvalk » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 02:06

Will I be able to get the X3 Gold edition to run on steam, receive updates and achievements and such?

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 08:12

Yes just use the "Activate a product on Steam" option in the "Games" menu. When prompted just input your CD key.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

imortalvalk
x4

Post by imortalvalk » Wed, 11. Jul 12, 22:21

Thanks very much.

roxy
x4

X3 Albion Prelude retail package in e zone for south pacific region

Post by roxy » Thu, 13. Sep 12, 08:48

My friend is going to UK on holiday this weekend and i wondered if he
was to buy the retail version of Albion Prelude while he was over there
would it work with my retail version of Terran Conflict that i purchased
here in NewZealand ? Does zone or region make a difference? :?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X3 Albion Prelude retail package in e zone for south pacific region

Post by CBJ » Thu, 13. Sep 12, 10:20

roxy wrote:Does zone or region make a difference?
No. Just to be clear once again, all versions of X3AP require Steam but, as per the Steam FAQ, the retail version means you can avoid big downloads, especially if you also have a retail version of X3TC. Actually finding a retail copy in the UK may be another matter, though, as the run was fairly limited and bricks-and-mortar shops only tend to stock the latest games anyway.

adriancos
x3tc

Post by adriancos » Tue, 18. Sep 12, 16:00

Please enlighten me:
X3 Terran War Pack (Multilanguage, French Box) available on shop :
Box language:French
Voiced languages: French, English, German
Text-only language: Italian (using English voice)

What this means?
That there is no Game-Text in english in this pack?
Voice it is specified that it is english also. But in game text?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 18. Sep 12, 16:08

All languages are available in all packages; the only difference between, say, the English and French versions, is the language used in the packaging. Languages listed as voiced have both text and voice in that language. Languages listed as text-only use the English voice recordings.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 10:33

Hi guys,

I've just ordered AP from the Egosoft shop, I'm in Australia, can anyone tell me when I could expect delivery?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 10:50

It's hard to tell as there are several factors: time to process the order, normal shipping time to Australia, and the Christmas effect. I'd be surprised if it took less than a week though.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Mon, 17. Dec 12, 10:55

Thanks mate, hopefully I'll get it before christmas.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Wed, 9. Jan 13, 15:46

Hi, I've finally got the game...

Yeah!

Is there something wrong with what I'm doing?

I registered my TC with steam...
And suprise, suprise it wants to download the whole 6 gig of TC, typical steam rubbish, they don't mind spending $95US that I dont have!

OK ignore steam TC it works fine as a program...

I then click the english launcher on the new AP disc, loads some stuff from disc 1, the installer ignores disc 2 and starts downloading the 6 gig of TC, great, don't we all just love STEAMW@#NKERS!

Cancel that, google my problem, paste the Egosoft/TC folder into the Steam/TC folder, no worries that should fix it...

I open my steam tray and steam starts downloading another 2 gig of data, is this what is on the second disc, do I need to paste the contents into my steam directory?

Now for the rant!
I have to say I hate steam, X2 was so easy to install, just put in the disc and code away you go, no crap store to control my access to my licensed product. I understand the distribution benefits but remember the old problem has always been the distributors greed so I'm not sure it is fair to penalize the customer for this.
End of rant.

Please help with this installation otherwise it will cost me more than I paid for the game including postage from the opposite side of the world just in downloads to run the game.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 9. Jan 13, 15:48

It might say it's going to download 6GB (or whatever) but it will only actually download what it needs to, i.e. what is different between what you have on disk and the current version of the game.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Wed, 9. Jan 13, 15:58

Thanks for the speedy response mate.

should it ask me to put in disc 2?

I'll try it again.

DiveBomberDave
x3

Post by DiveBomberDave » Wed, 9. Jan 13, 16:09

No difference, with either disc 1 or 2 in the drive it still wants to download a 1.2 gig file.

I wish I knew if it will ask me to change the disc too.

I don't want to pay my ISP more than I payed Egosoft, I know who has done more work for it.

I'll try again tomorrow when I have time to wait for it to download.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”