X3AP Retail versions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hsung
x3tc

Post by hsung » Sat, 18. May 13, 09:44

CBJ wrote:It might say it's going to download 6GB (or whatever) but it will only actually download what it needs to, i.e. what is different between what you have on disk and the current version of the game.
When I registered my X3 TC non-steam version, it only gave me the option to install it in the ..\Steam\SteamApps\common folder whereas my original installation is else where. So I re-installed X3 TC in the Steam folder but when I re-activated it with Steam, it deleted the folder and proceeded to download the 6Gb game again :evil:

Please advise a work around.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sat, 18. May 13, 11:59

After you installed TC into the steam folder did you manually update it to the latest version? Try that first. I suspect that Steam thought there were too many differences and cleared the whole thing out.

You didn't have to delete your original installation. All you had to do was copy it into the Steam folder.

hsung
x3tc

Post by hsung » Mon, 20. May 13, 14:47

After several unsuccessful attempts, I had to exit from Steam after it started downloading TC. Then, I re-installed TC from DVD before resuming Steam's update ... that tricked it to jump to 87% complete when it started to update from ver. 3.0 to 3.2.

However, after I purchased AB, bloody Steam deleted my TC installation again :evil: Hence, I have to start all over again ... probably consumed at least 2Gb or more of my bandwidth.

Hope my experience will help another ...

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Wed, 29. May 13, 12:13

Hey, I wish to play only X3 AP, and now i dont know what to buy, only X3 AP via STEAM, or X3 TC + X3 AP via STEAM?

ty
Wargasm

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 29. May 13, 12:22

X3AP is an addon to X3TC. That means you need an X3TC installation to play X3AP. If you already have a version of X3TC you can use that to register it with Steam and get a Steam version. See this FAQ article for reference. Afterwards you should be able to just buy X3AP. If you don't have X3TC yet, then the X3: Terran War Pack would be the best solution, as it contains X3TC and X3AP.

Edit: typo.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Wed, 29. May 13, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Wed, 29. May 13, 15:14

help. Right now i got gift x3 AP from steam (9.99€), i see item in inventory, when i try to add x3 ap to library sey: This item requires you own the base game "X3: Terran Conflict" before it can be added to your library.

How to instal that game whitout x3 tc?
Wargasm

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 29. May 13, 15:35

You can't. As the message said and as I told you in my previous post, X3AP is just an addon and needs the basic game (which is X3TC) to be installed.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Wed, 29. May 13, 15:46

Jup, my english is crap, i got some answer from chat: " You can just buy X3AP on Steam by itself. The X3 Terran War pack includes both TC and AP. "
But NP, tomorow i will get x3 tc :). ty
Wargasm

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 29. May 13, 16:18

The answer you got in the chat was wrong, sorry. You can buy X3AP separately, i.e. without buying X3TC again, provided you already have X3TC registered on Steam, either having bought it there or having registered a DVD version.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”