X3: Albion Prelude 1.1 has landed, and it's brought X3: Terran Conflict 3.2 with it!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 2462
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 02:46

Has the non-steam AP release occurred yet? ie: The one that does not require Steam be installed in order to play? Seems like this was promised to happen sometime in this first quarter and I'd like to take advantage of that.

Shootist
Posts: 1744
Joined: Sat, 10. Sep 05, 02:05
x4

Post by Shootist » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 06:30

Morkonan wrote:Has the non-steam AP release occurred yet? ie: The one that does not require Steam be installed in order to play? Seems like this was promised to happen sometime in this first quarter and I'd like to take advantage of that.
One would think such a thing would be displayed prominently. Since it hasn't, I would say no.

You do understand that Steam has to be installed to activate the game? Then Steam can be uninstalled, but you won't get any patches without Steam. Yes?

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 2462
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 07:44

Shootist wrote:
Morkonan wrote:Has the non-steam AP release occurred yet? ie: The one that does not require Steam be installed in order to play? Seems like this was promised to happen sometime in this first quarter and I'd like to take advantage of that.
One would think such a thing would be displayed prominently. Since it hasn't, I would say no.

You do understand that Steam has to be installed to activate the game? Then Steam can be uninstalled, but you won't get any patches without Steam. Yes?
Aye, I understand perfectly. But, not having the requirement that Steam must remain installed is worth the trouble, IMO.

As far as being displayed prominently, I never take that for granted. IIRC, it will be a limited time offer and I don't know exactly how "limited" that time will be. :D

Macrixen
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu, 28. Sep 06, 22:03
x4

Post by Macrixen » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 15:09

they said that when 2.0 is out so will the dvd and the non steam version

User avatar
ConCorDian
Posts: 1521
Joined: Wed, 15. Jun 11, 21:12
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 15:13

none of the websites i use (play, amazon etc.) even have AP for preorder, whereas X Rebirth is.

has anyone made an announcement on whats happening with the disk release? is there even still going to be one? i got the free copy but want to buy the disk (because i like to have something physical and also to make my contribution to EGOSOFT for putting it together)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
Posts: 38741
Joined: Tue, 29. Apr 03, 00:56
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 15:22

Yes, there is still going to be one. As soon as we have an exact date from the publisher we will post it.

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 2462
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 15:30

CBJ wrote:Yes, there is still going to be one. As soon as we have an exact date from the publisher we will post it.
I will plant a tree and name it in your honor, sir! As soon as I read the announcement and see it is available in North America, that is. :D Until then, the best I can give you is a picture of a dirty sponge... ;)

Image

Trees are much nicer! Go green, go trees - Publish today!

User avatar
ConCorDian
Posts: 1521
Joined: Wed, 15. Jun 11, 21:12
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 15:39

Morkonan wrote:the best I can give you is a picture of a dirty sponge... ;)

Image

Trees are much nicer! Go green, go trees - Publish today!
lol Spongebob looks awful hungover!!!

and they have gone green, hence no paper, plastic or anything else as yet, only steam download.... EGOSOFT saving the world one game at a time (which surprisingly kills a lot of the world in the game!!)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
Posts: 38741
Joined: Tue, 29. Apr 03, 00:56
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 16:16

Morkonan wrote:As soon as I read the announcement and see it is available in North America, that is.
Unfortunately we don't currently have a distribution agreement for territories outside Europe. If you are in, say, the US, Canada or Australia, then you will need to find a European retailer who will ship outside Europe. Of course, one such retailer that springs to mind is the Egosoft Shop. ;)

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 2462
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 16:41

CBJ wrote:... Of course, one such retailer that springs to mind is the Egosoft Shop. ;)
Then.. TAKE MY MONEY!

:D

I will send you a credit card number, money order, cash, blood, small furry animals or nekkid pictures of Ernest Borgnine (Do you have any idea how rare those are?) in order to get my X3 fix on, without certain types of unpleasantness installed...

(PS - I'll send anyone those pics. I DON'T WANT THEM! Oh.. my eyes..)

Slashman
Posts: 2182
Joined: Tue, 12. Oct 10, 03:31
x3tc

Post by Slashman » Fri, 17. Feb 12, 18:37

Morkonan wrote:I will send you a credit card number, money order, cash, blood, small furry animals or nekkid pictures of Ernest Borgnine (Do you have any idea how rare those are?) in order to get my X3 fix on, without certain types of unpleasantness installed...

(PS - I'll send anyone those pics. I DON'T WANT THEM! Oh.. my eyes..)
What the heck are you even doing with them???? :shock:
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Post Reply

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”