Aran capping Questions/bragging over Aran caps

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 21:11

Up to 30 of any combination of the following: M5, M4, M3, M6, M8, TS and possibly TM.

Up to 29 of the above + 1 of the following: M1 (including another Aran), M2, M7, TL

AFAIK, this is still true.
-- GD

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 21:17

then I think my first one will become the flagship for my corporation's trade arm!
Buy the freighters in bulk, store in the Aran until needed. However I have not lost a single trader yet, though I do only have about a dozen UTs, the rest are LTs. ( In this playthrough. ) I can also store all the rest thats needed on the Aran.

Now all I need is a Name for it. :gruebel:

* edit * I have just repaired it, it cost 134 million! Knew it would be expensive, but still. I may wait a while before I get another. :roll:

David Howland
x3tc

Uses-names!

Post by David Howland » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 09:19

I must admit six of my present 11 Aran are just storage units docked at Eq Docks and shipyards, these obviously are named after where they are!
I find for any ship worth naming, its use dictates the name ie. my last Aran project was hunting Aran with Aran so that became Seeker Aran, my present one is my Dukes Marine Fight Training Centre, as most of the ships there are my Pirate boarding fleet it is Pirate Aran!
When I get around to doing a Russian Doll style stack of 5 Arans it will probably be Pirate Aran!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 21:13

Then with that logic it should be O.C.S. Trade Centre.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how long it takes to repair an Aran with a repair laser? ( Yes I know a long time! An acurate fact would be useful! :roll: )

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 21:46

greypanther wrote:Then with that logic it should be O.C.S. Trade Centre.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how long it takes to repair an Aran with a repair laser? ( Yes I know a long time! An acurate fact would be useful! :roll: )

Approximately 17,000 seconds for one Repair Laser. RL does 20 pt/sec, and Aran has 340,000 hull.
-- GD

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 21:49

greypanther wrote:Then with that logic it should be O.C.S. Trade Centre.

\

I think it was 5 mins for me with the SETA trick (from 19% Hull). I only had to swap in a new SETA (in order to recharge O2) one time.

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Mon, 24. Oct 11, 21:54

greypanther wrote:3) When I undocked my Gannet from the Aran it got damage, down to 16% shields, is there a problem with docking/undocking a capital?
From the big capitals I only undocked Tyrs from my personal Aran so far and every time I tried I lost some shields. Ever tried the autopilot on this?

Also note that undocking ships OOS will not result in any damage at all.

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 25. Oct 11, 15:41

From the docking arms that the Aran has, you'd think that they'd be able to dock a couple of big ships rather than just one, would make it a much better mobile base. Still, the ability to dock M6s and other ships that carriers cannot carry is a major boon- I often use one to transport brand new ships to Getsu Fune to get kitted out :D

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Tue, 25. Oct 11, 15:53

Rhox wrote:
greypanther wrote:3) When I undocked my Gannet from the Aran it got damage, down to 16% shields, is there a problem with docking/undocking a capital?
From the big capitals I only undocked Tyrs from my personal Aran so far and every time I tried I lost some shields. Ever tried the autopilot on this?

best regards,
Rhox
All capital ships lose shields when undocking from Aran, but only if you're in the ships that undocks. If you stay in Aran and change ships immediately after it undocks, it won't lose shields.

As for going OOS, I fly Aran only in UFJD sectors, so going OOS is not a good idea. :mrgreen:

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 25. Oct 11, 15:57

cmdnenad wrote:
Rhox wrote:

best regards,
Rhox
All capital ships lose shields when undocking from Aran, but only if you're in the ships that undocks. If you stay in Aran and change ships immediately after it undocks, it won't lose shields.

As for going OOS, I fly Aran only in UFJD sectors, so going OOS is not a good idea. :mrgreen:
I wondered why that was, I'd assumed it was because the ship's shields were low when it docked with the Aran, several times I had a Boreas undock from an Aran and I saw it had actually lost most (~80%) of its shields- not good when you're about to take it into battle! :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”