X3TC ultimate ship source listing (heavy spoiler warning)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

froger
x4

Post by froger » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 06:08

palm911 wrote:i am having a lot of trouble trying to find the notus hauler, saw one in FF, but never seen one again,
trust me i have personle seen and bailed one but it had vary sad meeting with a xenon fleet crossing omrcron lyre sob sob

are you guys sure taht there is always a couple in the universe?

thx

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 15:24

palm911 wrote:i am having a lot of trouble trying to find the notus hauler, saw one in FF, but never seen one again,

are you guys sure taht there is always a couple in the universe?

thx
There definity ISN'T ALWAYS one in the universe. I've been using Scorp's find ships script extensively for a couple of days and one notus appeared on the 3rd day of data gathering for this topic. After I capped it (like 3 days ago) there is still no replacement spawned in the universe.

There is also a trick which allows you to use find ships script in your game without getting modified tag but I'm not sure whether it's good idea to share the details.
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 17:18

Do tell. 'Tis the spoilers forum anyways.
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 19:43

Well, you need to have around 10GB of free HDD space.
  • Back up your saved games
  • Make a copy of your game installation folder, name it X3 terran conflict ORIGINAL or whatever you like
  • Install find ships script
  • Load your latest game, you should get the modified tag in your game, don't panic
  • load the script and write down the location of the ship you want to cap
  • exit game WITHOUT saving
  • rename x3 terran conflict folder to something like X3 terran conflict MODIFIED
  • rename x3 terran conflict ORIGINAL folder to just x3 terran conflict or whatever it was called prior to all this operation
  • load your game, if everything was done properly it will not have modified tag
  • go to location you've written down before and board the ship
If you are trying to get the pilot to bail, you can also enable display additional information in the script editor (while on modified stage of process) and check the morale of several of the ships which you are trying to get to bail, and write down the ID of the lowest one. (I've got 7 morale Notus Hauler to bail on first attempt, and 28 morale Pirate Kestrel didn't bail after hour and a half).

Remember to back up your saved games before doing this kind of stuff, and check for modified status prior to saving game (just in case you could mess something up)
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

Saber15
x4

Post by Saber15 » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 04:04

IIRC, the Yaki M7s spawn during the Player Headquarters plot, and are probably boardable. You just need to board them before the other race ships destroy them.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 12:00

nponoBegHuk wrote:Well, you need to have around 10GB of free HDD space.
  • Back up your saved games
  • Make a copy of your game installation folder, name it X3 terran conflict ORIGINAL or whatever you like
  • Install find ships script
  • Load your latest game, you should get the modified tag in your game, don't panic
  • load the script and write down the location of the ship you want to cap
  • exit game WITHOUT saving
  • rename x3 terran conflict folder to something like X3 terran conflict MODIFIED
  • rename x3 terran conflict ORIGINAL folder to just x3 terran conflict or whatever it was called prior to all this operation
  • load your game, if everything was done properly it will not have modified tag
  • go to location you've written down before and board the ship
Remember to back up your saved games before doing this kind of stuff, and check for modified status prior to saving game (just in case you could mess something up)
Note, the "Backup the Entire game" bit is unnecessary & wastes space. try:
  • Back up the Scripts & T folders & Save games.
  • Install Scorp's Map.
  • Set the Hotkey & Run the script.
  • Take screenshot of window with desired result.
  • Close game without saving.
  • Delete the Scripts & T folders, replace with Backups.
  • Reload Savegame.
  • Check for ***Modified*** tag, if it's there, try loading the backup save.
This should take less than 400MiB, rather than ~10,000.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 14:57

I'm releasing new version of the spreadsheet, check the first post for more info.

flcn42
x4

Post by flcn42 » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 20:37

Hi nponoBegHuk,

Thanks for the great work! Unfortunately the zip file of the 2007 version produces a 404 error. The other links are ok.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 22:21

flcn42 wrote:Hi nponoBegHuk,

Thanks for the great work! Unfortunately the zip file of the 2007 version produces a 404 error. The other links are ok.
Well, to be fair, I've stolen hosting space from another person so it's not very suspicious to me that files sometimes just disappear :oops:

Everything must be working now. Cheers.

Moxx2

Post by Moxx2 » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 01:23

"Paranid Medusa Prototype *unique* Dukes Buccaners rank 10 reward"

I am running 1.01 at the moment (trying to get terran fighters).
I found one of these as part of a merc patrol in Omicron Lyrae. The pilot bailed but unfortunately on this old version the ship kept flying its patrol.
Edit: does not seem to bail in recent versions, see
Capping Mercenaries

"Paranid Medusa purchasable"

I captured one of these disguised as a paranid weapons trader.

Hankwinter
x3tc

Post by Hankwinter » Thu, 29. Jul 10, 01:21

Moxx2, did you try to capture the Eurus that is in the same sector of the Medusa Prototype?

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Thu, 29. Jul 10, 03:18

Nice composition. Can the "Claimable" ship tag, be added ? Ships not included as the derelicts, but the ones from "Recovery and Abandoned" missions.

I, Seen the Notus Hauler, hovering in OTAS space, but never capped one.

oolon
x3tc

Post by oolon » Fri, 30. Jul 10, 16:19

The AFT ships like the "Thor" are listed as not obtainable any more. How were they obtainable in the past, in certain missions? I my new game I am trying to collect as many ships as possible so have started on version 1.01, and will move up version numbers when needed. I had forgotten how many bugs there were! No boarding pods etc. What version is needed to get Kha'ak M6s in assassination missions? Is there any versions I should try for Kha'ak Bails. (I have every patch level of X3TC but clearly can only move forwards through the versions).

Hankwinter
x3tc

Post by Hankwinter » Sat, 31. Jul 10, 16:45

oolon, all that I will list here is rumor based, I never capture any of these ships but read about in the forum.
Spoiler
Show
- Kha'ak Carrier not obtainable
- Kha'ak Destroyer not obtainable
- Kha'ak Corvette not obtainable anymore (used to be capturable in previous versions)

Kha'ak are considered not boardable, but are one rumor of the M6 bailling in the Final Fury mission of scort TL in the 1.3 version and the other two can apears in Assassination Missions given by Corps (v2.0 and below) but don't have any idea if they are boardable.

- Yaki Akurei Hauler not in vanilla
- Yaki Kariudo Hauler not in vanilla

Second the german post given by zazie, these two can apear in the HQ plot in the part where you need to destroy a Yaki station (v1.3 and below).

- Boron Marlin Hauler not in vanilla since 1.4 (ditto)

- ATF Fighters (your interest)

Two rumors, one in the same german post, that it's possible to cap ATF fighters during the Terram plot when you go with a task force to capture a TL in the UK sector near Zyarth's Dominion but I didnt see anyone confirming that. The other rumor is that they can apear in the Assassination Missions given by Corps inside a M1 and if you board this M1 and use the System Override Software these pilotless fighters can be captured (v1.3 and below).

- OTAS Eurus not obtainable

Moxx2 say in a post above that a pilot of the Mercs in Omicron Lyrae bailed in v1.01, if the pilot of Eurus can be "persuaded" to bail too maybe that ship can be obtainable.

- Kha'ak fighters.

Just to finish, the rumors is that those ships only bail if they weren't part of a cluster.
Edit:
Spoiler
Show
Forgot to mention. You can board the #cafe that apears in the New Home mission, however you need to send her to the Player HQ before 15min. or it will autodestroy itself. To do that you need to accept the New Home mission and then abort it. Then you go to the sector where the #cafe is first located and board it.

Noric
x2

Post by Noric » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 20:13

Could anyone please confirm what Hankwinter stated about capturing Khaak Corvette?
Spoiler
Show
rumor of the M6 bailling in the Final Fury mission of scort TL in the 1.3 version
Has someone ever captured a Khaak M6 in vanilla game?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 20:22

I did try to board several different Kha'ak Corvette's when I was working for the Corporations, all gave the "unboardable" (ancient game version). Don't know about Op:FF though, but I will say maybe since I did have Xenon P/PX bail on the first FF mission (in 1.0, but IIRC that was considered a glitch).

Noric
x2

Post by Noric » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 21:45

So do you say that the possibility is they bail (not be captured with marines)?
Now that you say so, I also remember someone said that at the end of one mission (I don't remember which one) of Operation Final Fury he found a blue Kha'ak Corvette looking in the sector map.
About boarding Kha'ak Corvettes, I always get the same as you: "warning, this ship cannot be boarded" message.

If someone was about to try, I think that a good way for making the experiment would be using the script that allows to check the morale of target ships. If the target M6 has a very low morale and doesn't bail, than I think there's definitely no way it bails. :wink:

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 22:31

Noric wrote:So do you say that the possibility is they bail (not be captured with marines)?.....
Yes, but IIRC only in 1.0. M6's were never meant to bail in vanilla.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sun, 29. Aug 10, 01:03

i remember that the orbital weapons platforms could be boarded. not sure what version was it. haha..

with Aran i think it is easy to "move" those.

shame we cannot capture those . :(

i also remember someone mentioning the boarding of the terran laser towers. ...

ahhh those times....
X gamer , one at a time.

Noric
x2

Post by Noric » Sun, 29. Aug 10, 23:37

I found out an interesting clue:
"Kha'ak plot Xenon ships now use default capture logic" (taken from 1.3 patch changelog)

Looks like from 1.3 the bug got fixed, but with 1.0 and 1.2 maybe it could be possible to make M6 bail during Operation Final Fury. The changelog explicitly refers to Xenon ships but I guess it also applies to Kha'ak Corvettes!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”