[TC] Guide to the Corporations [Spoilers] {Ver. 1.7.2} (Updated May 31st, 2010)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jorit
x3tc

Post by jorit » Sun, 22. May 11, 08:14

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:
There have been several mentions that the rank increase changed when using the 3.x versions. Why the rank percentage increase went from 5% (1.0) to 10% (1.3-2.7?) then back to 5% (3.0-3.1) seems rather odd. There also seem to have been at least one other alteration regarding Rank 0.

I have to dispute this, much of my time in Corporate was 1.3 and I was getting a 10% increase at Rank 0 but only if I had not started working for a given Corporation. Any Corporation that I had started working for prior to 1.3 still gave a 5% increase at Rank 0.
Well, It's true man.
U don't need to believe me, but ur guide is getting a bit out of updates xD

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 22. May 11, 08:41

If people want to provide screenie confirmations regarding Rank 0 then I'll consider doing another update....until then no dice. I am not about to spend even more game days doing 2.7/3.0/3.1 version checking personally on Rank 0 percentage increases when I already spent 17 game days (three months in real life) to make this monstrosity.

And TBH updating for something as small as percent increases for Rank 0 is minor/trivial at best and is not something major (i.e. changing of ship rewards). Especially since increases in earlier versions is being disputed.

The OBS on the other hand is a different matter and may warrent an update but Carlo has kept the OBS thread up to date and nothing has changed since 2.7.

The only thing regarding the OBS that would need changing in the guide would be,
  • Your current ship
  • The ships you own IS when accepting the mission
and
  • The class of your current ship when accepting the mission
  • All ships that you own within 15km of the player ship
to
  • Your current ship
  • The ships you own IS when accepting the mission
  • As of 2.7 and upward, these two factors have become no longer relevant
and
  • The class of your current ship when accepting the mission
  • All ships that you own within 15km of the player ship
  • As of 2.7 and upward, these two factors have become no longer relevant
Which I can do if need be.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Sun, 22. May 11, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 22. May 11, 08:54

This is also incorrect (or pointless) for 2.7 and up:
2. At higher combat ranks accept the mission in an M5 and make sure that there are no other ships that you own within 15km (get them OOS to be sure).

jorit
x3tc

Post by jorit » Sun, 22. May 11, 09:07

If people want to provide screenie confirmations regarding Rank 0 then I'll consider doing another update....until then no dice. I am not about to spend even more game days doing 2.7/3.0/3.1 version checking personally on Rank 0 percentage increases when I already spent 17 game days (three months in real life) to make this monstrosity.
Im already at Rank 1 OTAS.

After this getting to rank 10, will take long enough, ill start another coorp plot.

Ill Take 2 Screenies, 1 before ending, and 1 after ending the mission.

Ill post them here.[/b]

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 22. May 11, 09:13

Carlo the Curious wrote:This is also incorrect (or pointless) for 2.7 and up:
2. At higher combat ranks accept the mission in an M5 and make sure that there are no other ships that you own within 15km (get them OOS to be sure).
That too. :wink:

Ok....I'll do an update, the OBS gets first priority, Rank 0 second if screenie confirms are provided.

If there are no screenie confirms regarding Rank 0 by the time I do the final update then they will not be added. Period. End of discussion.

jorit
x3tc

Post by jorit » Sun, 22. May 11, 10:04

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote: If there are no screenie confirms regarding Rank 0 by the time I do the final update then they will not be added. Period. End of discussion.
Ok, Time of update? XD

Btw, euhm, can't proof it, but just got 26% increased rank with OTAS.

First i had 2%, next mission after some reloading 27%, en after second mission, i have 53 %.

U don't need to believe me, but just telling it to you.

Greetz

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 22. May 11, 13:07

jorit wrote:Btw, euhm, can't proof it, but just got 26% increased rank with OTAS.

First i had 2%, next mission after some reloading 27%, en after second mission, i have 53 %.
I don't need proof for that because I have gotten 26% and 27% increases before. I even snagged a 28% increase twice. :D

But the odds of getting greater than 25% tend to be rare. Unless you're one of those who reloads farrrr too much. :wink:
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Mon, 23. May 11, 07:39, edited 1 time in total.

jorit
x3tc

Post by jorit » Sun, 22. May 11, 17:11

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:
But the odds of getting greater than 25% tend to be rare. Unless you're one of those who reloads farrrr too much. :wink:

U got me... XD

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sun, 5. Jun 11, 06:21

I did some extensive testing on corporation reputation changes.

Assuming game client is patched to 3.1, you will get somewhere between 5% and 15% reputation increase at rank 0. When you complete your first mission your reputation is established at 55%. The next mission will put you into 60, 65 or 70%. If you reload prior to completing the mission, you will receive random increase (which is extremely profitable at rank 0). For instance, I just started with Atreus - second mission was a "follow to their base" one. I was at 55% after the first assassination mission, now I'm at 70%.

I can confirm this behaviour for at least 3 factions (Strong Arms, Duke's and Atreus; all started in 3.1 patch) - I'm not doing combat missions, and since cancelling them is bad for the rep progression, I used this "feature" extensively to get to rank 2 ASAP - since cancelling missions at rank 0 and 1 deals a major impact on your rep. At rank 2 and 3 it's already much less in proportion of what you're rewarded when you complete a mission.

At rank 10, cancelling a mission doesn't reduce rep. at all

EDIT: Just did my third mission from Atreus. My rep prior to accepting was 70. it was a taxi mission. I reloaded a number of times to gamble a 15% increase, it went like this:

Code: Select all

Attempt	   Rep increase
	1				5,00%
	2				5,00%
	3				5,00%
	4				5,00%
	5				10,00%
	6				10,00%
	7				5,00%
	8				15,00%
Even if the next mission is a combat one, I'm safe to cancel it (for 5% decrease) and still retain 10% from the previous mission reward (I would go back to 70% if I didn't reload).
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 15:46

I know this thread is a bit older, but I have one question regarding the multiple ship accquisition:
Does it still work in 3.1 or was it fixed? Unfortunately, I'm not near reaching a shipgiving rank at the moment...

best regards,,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 18:35

IIRC it was never fixed by 3.1. As for 3.1.1, maybe but doubtful.

AzaIndustries
x3tc

Post by AzaIndustries » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 01:27

Great guide, helped me out when I was stuck.

Also prevented me from continuing a game where it had been broken!

P.S. Is it just me or would anyone else feel bad using that multiple ship rewards trick?

I had the choice to do its yesterday and it took me ages to decide not too.
I would feel like I'm cheating a bit.

P.P.S. I failed transport missions because I can't fly a Passenger transport to save my life.. lets just say it ended badly.

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 01:41

I docked at OTAS and got 4 Ventis... so it still works with v3.1.1 (Steam).
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

AzaIndustries
x3tc

Post by AzaIndustries » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 01:53

Eisenkalle wrote:I docked at OTAS and got 4 Ventis... so it still works with v3.1.1 (Steam).
Yeah but did it make you in the least feel a little bad?

I plan on keeping these special ships till I can reverse engineer them.
=D

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 02:06

AzaIndustries wrote:
Eisenkalle wrote:I docked at OTAS and got 4 Ventis... so it still works with v3.1.1 (Steam).

=D
Me too. So some extra "material" is never ever wrong. I would like to receive every second/third mission a Venti, rather than the "worthless" money.
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 06:30

AzaIndustries wrote:P.S. Is it just me or would anyone else feel bad using that multiple ship rewards trick?
No guilt here. Although I didn't go out of my way to "exploit" it, if I didn't need to dock to complete the mission then I just carried on, if I did then cool, I got a couple of extra Medusa Prototypes for all the trouble I had to keep the Duke's HQ in tact. Plus, I have the PHQ and can build them whenever I want anyway.

Not sure about the corp's with M6 rewards though, might feel a little exploity to get several HCPs but again, it's no effort to build them and I could easily afford to buy Skirons, earlier in the game I might have felt different.

I also don't feel bad about reloading to get a higher rep gain after the mission, there's an over use of RNG in this game at times - give me a bigger rep increase if I complete the mission faster, great! Entirely random, Why?
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 10:51

MarvinTheMartian wrote: No guilt here. Although I didn't go out of my way to "exploit" it, if I didn't need to dock to complete the mission then I just carried on, if I did then cool, I got a couple of extra Medusa Prototypes for all the trouble I had to keep the Duke's HQ in tact. Plus, I have the PHQ and can build them whenever I want anyway.

Not sure about the corp's with M6 rewards though, might feel a little exploity to get several HCPs but again, it's no effort to build them and I could easily afford to buy Skirons, earlier in the game I might have felt different.

I also don't feel bad about reloading to get a higher rep gain after the mission, there's an over use of RNG in this game at times - give me a bigger rep increase if I complete the mission faster, great! Entirely random, Why?
Haha. I was on my way writing the same, but was to tired yesterday.

So I am not alone with my thoughts... ;-)
Last edited by Eisenkalle on Sun, 27. Nov 11, 03:12, edited 2 times in total.
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 12:32

MarvinTheMartian wrote:I also don't feel bad about reloading to get a higher rep gain after the mission, there's an over use of RNG in this game at times - give me a bigger rep increase if I complete the mission faster, great! Entirely random, Why?
I can understand they used the RNG to make the missions feel a bit more dynamic. +18% on each mission would be a bit boring and feel quite "mechanical". Maybe they overachieved by making the randomization nearly one third of the possible outcome. But then again it's not thaaaat important.

It would have been nice if the corp missions would be actual missions, some kind of miniplot. NMMC might focus on setting up some trading opportunities, Atreus on protecting their assets, Duke's on smuggling / thugging...

AzaIndustries
x3tc

Post by AzaIndustries » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 01:22

Eisenkalle wrote:
AzaIndustries wrote:

=D
Me too. So some extra "material" is never ever wrong. I would like to receive every second/third mission a Venti, rather than the "worthless" money.
Well maybe next time I might get 1 or 2 extra...

The mission are just a big waste of time for me they are well below the paycheck I normally accept a mission for.

Missions I normally seek out pay about 1.5-2mil. But the corporation mission are only paying me 300K =(

Blueneon
x4

Post by Blueneon » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 15:19

Thanks Deadbeat_Spinn

Really good guide, but the PDF download link does not work...

Is there some where else I could get it?

THanks

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”