X3TC: Is there a way to auto "map" the grid sections of the game world?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kuplo
x3tc

X3TC: Is there a way to auto "map" the grid sections of the game world?

Post by kuplo » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 00:42

Hello,

I thought I read somewhere (probably in a thread however for all I know it was a wishlist) that I could take my Discover (humble merchant in X3 TC) and somehow auto map all the sections in the game world.

If this is somehow possible, please tell me how to do it. Maybe something like an "auto explore" feature for my discover ship might do it, though I've not found any such feature in the game.

Is there a way to auto explore the game world with one of my ships so that all the features are filled in for me in each section?

Thanks,

Dragoongfa
x4

Post by Dragoongfa » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 00:48

In X3:R it is possible with the explorer software to automatically map a sector and scan its asteroids, the explorer software is a part of the bonus pack.

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 01:16

I am fairly certain something like that exists in the vanilla of X3:TC.
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

kuplo
x3tc

Post by kuplo » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 01:22

Poobah wrote:I am fairly certain something like that exists in the vanilla of X3:TC.
So... How does it work?

zeta333
x3tc

Post by zeta333 » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 01:43

You can only map one sector at a time. I forgot where it was sold but there is an upgrade for explorer software. So you gota set it sector by sector.
[ external image ]
Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 02:35

you choose a point in the sector and the ship will fly circles to radius x to "map" the sector. The explore command software is sold by the teladi, and is invaluable once you get to the treasure hunt missions
Plays on the Monolith from 2001
X3 Mogul, EXTREME
TC Mogul, Legend
AP Master Industrialist, Battlemaster
XR WTF, WTF

kuplo
x3tc

Post by kuplo » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 02:38

Teladi, got ya, thanks.

Zue
x3tc

Post by Zue » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 03:59

heyo.

explorer software... teladi space.

1. navigation

options.

map sector.. does exactly that. once opened you can place curser using num keys after enter you need to enter a number. i usually go 999.. less will do. from the location that you select the ship will start from center and circle around that point in increments (ai determined) until it reaches 999 or edge of sector border at which time it will stop. if its too far from any trading station it will wait for your order. if its close enough to register trading station it will dock there. make sure the option to notify you when action is complete is enabled. under commands. or keep tabs yourself. yes.. each sector does have a "border limit".. and yes.. there are some sectors that have gates, stations and the like way the eff out there beyond gates.

fly to gate/sector.. this command is supposed to tell your ship to fly to gate, through gate then automatically start mapping sector. sometimes it works.. sometimes it doesnt. but it most assuredly doesnt ask you for the amount to map.

if you have a mineral scanner on board ship

you will have the option to scan asteroids. once given it will determine the compisition of the asteroids that are recognized in the sector.. upon completion.. dock at nearest trade center.

again. enable notify complete under commands so you know its ready for next command.

explorer software and a fast fast 5 will do wonders for opening up your galaxy and for me.. a must.

ps.. remember that if you dont arm your explorer ship with weapons, they will by default not bother with fighting anyone. the faster the ship.. youll be able to not be bothered with loses exploring hostile sectors.

z

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 04:11

It also helps to have a Triplex Scanner for Maximum Range, but even then, if there are things more than 30km off the ecliptic, it'll miss those.

Doc Quixotic

Post by Doc Quixotic » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 09:09

Does it register Hidden Ships, or should I be watching the sector map just in case?
Non est ad astra mollis e terris via

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 11:13

Derelict ships are only visible within radar range, so unless you keep an eye on the explorer ship, you will miss them.
Right on commander !

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”