The X3 Savegame Manager - updated 07/01/2012 - X3: Albion Prelude Version released

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 10:21

mrbadger wrote:.....

It shouldn't be long before the new savegame manager is out anyway.
:D :thumb_up:

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Save Game Manager Woes:

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 24. Feb 15, 04:20

I am running Win 7 64 on an Intel Board with two hard drives. My problem is I cannot download the Mr Badger savegame manager:

I open it from the download site but all it does is flash up the opening box and then disappears. This is frustrating as I am running multiple campaigns/Games AP.TC & LUV and I used to use this tool all the time before I did a rebuild with my new MB.

Being unable to use this tool means I am limited to the 10 possible save slots and they are too few to handle my games.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 24. Feb 15, 11:12

@ shaun: merged into correct thread and see mrbadger's post three up from this.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 24. Feb 15, 15:07

Mr Badger:

I see a glimpse of the first menu screen I used to see when it worked on my previous PC but it disappears in less than a second and does not do anything after that. The task manager shows nothing running other than explore which I tried to use to open the program.

I am running with Java 8 with update no 25 whether that is the latest version or not I could not tell you suffice to say I installed it in late December 2014 when I installed my new Hard drives and Java is set to auto update.

PS Running with windows defender.

Ok. read back through the previous posts and it appears that you do need the 32 bit version of Java installed ensuring the old version is deleted. For some reason my old Java failed to update itself despite having permissions etc. Sorry to have wasted peoples time with this. Having said that I would not have found this thread without Mr Phipps redirecting my post here.

Thanks for the assist Alan.

Browser_ice
x4

Editor pgm in 32 bits vs you installed 64bits java

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 27. Aug 16, 16:31

From what I can see, one of the biggest problem is trying to execute the editor when you have installed Java in 64bits mode. I discovered that this does not work. However, I do not want to install a 32bits version because I need to learn java 64 bits.

Is there a way to simply recomplie it into a 64bits format ?

I know its been a few months since the last thread. So I have no idea if the autor is still around or even still working on it
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 27. Aug 16, 23:13

@ Browser_ice: PM mrbadger who is active in the EN OT forum and I'm sure he'll be helpful.

the_observer

Re: The X3 Savegame Manager - updated 07/01/2012 - X3: Albion Prelude Version released

Post by the_observer » Fri, 9. Sep 22, 18:13

Hi all,

since this is an old thread i might not get an answer but i will try my luck.

I am trying to start tcsavegamemanager .
At first the program did not start at all , i could only see it loaded in task manager but nothing else.
Then I read the thread , i uninstalled all my java versions and installed just the x32 ver of java.
Then the program started and asked me if i would like it to handle my current saves.
I press yes (no just exits the program) and the nothing. The app is only visible in task manager.

So i wonder. Is this maybe because i have the x3tc terran war pack edition?
Any heads up?
Any other way to handle the saves?

Thank you for your time reading this.

Regards.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: The X3 Savegame Manager - updated 07/01/2012 - X3: Albion Prelude Version released

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 9. Sep 22, 18:54

The app expects to find your saves in a location and directory path stated by you. Remember that X3TC and X3AP have different save location paths and also different game sources/OS (disk/Steam/GOG/Linux/etc) may have different save locations. You need to tell the app which game folder to look for and where the saves are. You also need to have that save location and its path allowed for both read and write as the app tries to rename and move saves and campaigns about.

the_observer

Post by the_observer » Fri, 9. Sep 22, 20:26

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 9. Sep 22, 18:54
The app expects to find your saves in a location and directory path stated by you. Remember that X3TC and X3AP have different save location paths and also different game sources/OS (disk/Steam/GOG/Linux/etc) may have different save locations. You need to tell the app which game folder to look for and where the saves are. You also need to have that save location and its path allowed for both read and write as the app tries to rename and move saves and campaigns about.
Thank you Alan for your answer. I am so surprised that someone answered and also fast.
Now, with your answer. Where can i state the path of the games saves?
After i receive the initial question i described above, nothing else happens. Oh, except that the app, create a cfg.xml file and a directory named "Campaigns" which remains empty.
So i do not see how i can define the saves path. Should i edit the cfg.xml file and set it there?
Here is what the xml files contains at the moment:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><root xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation = "X3SGMConfig.xsd" xmlns:xsi = "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <saveFolderPath><![CDATA[standard]]></saveFolderPath>
</root>
Maybe i should edit where it says :

<saveFolderPath>
and

</saveFolderPath>
or maybe the in-between of these two.
Currently my game saves folder is located here:

C:\Users\NK\Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\save
But i don't know the exact syntax i should use or what to change...if this is indeed the answer.
Maybe you or another player could sent me their xml file?

As for the read writes of the folder, if you refer to the original game saves folder , it was indeed read only (strange, then how the game can write in there, anyway) i removed the restriction by now but the problem persists.
It seems that what i have to do is to find a way to tell to the program where the save folder is .

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame english.

Regards.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 9. Sep 22, 20:38

In the Opening Post of this thread:

"What to do if you have a non standard X3 savegame folder.
(This won't effect most players, but some do have their savegames in custom locations. If you don't, you can skip this part.)

If you have set a savegame folder other then the default egosoft one, then you will need to open the cfg.xml file in a text editor and specify your custom savegame folders location.

Locate the following entry (it won't be hard, its the only xml element in the file).
<saveFolderPath><![CDATA[standard]]></saveFolderPath>

Replace the word standard with your custom savegame location. For example, if your savegames were kept in f:\X3TC\savegames\ you would change it to
<saveFolderPath><![CDATA[f:\X3TC\savegames\]]></saveFolderPath>

If you make a mistake or otherwise damage the cfg.xml, delete it and restart the savegame manager, it will be regenerated for you."

the_observer

Post by the_observer » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 00:56

Sorry for the late reply.

I did as instructed but the problem persists.

Thank you for trying to help.

Regards.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”