The X3 Savegame Manager - updated 07/01/2012 - X3: Albion Prelude Version released

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 03:53

mrbadger wrote:@infy, thanks for pointing that out. I must shamefully admit it didn't occur to me because I haven't got AP. Given that I added the save folder specification to the savegame manager that does seem rather stupid of me...
I actually downloaded the source code so I could mod it, before I realised I could do that - and all so I could do the Poisoned Paranid gamestart without losing my exisiting campaign.

also you should totally get AP - it is definitely worth 9.99 standard earth currency units (or whatever it is that Steam uses).

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 04:01

Can't you swap the path to the user docs for %userprofile% ?

That way it should work without alteration for people who do not have the default path...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

infy dev
x4

Post by infy dev » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 05:46

perkint wrote:Can't you swap the path to the user docs for %userprofile% ?

That way it should work without alteration for people who do not have the default path...

Tim
you certainly could! I guess that would look like

Code: Select all

<saveFolderPath><![CDATA[%userprofile%\Documents\Egosoft\X3AP\save]]></saveFolderPath>

(untested - plus I assume that would work with older versions of Windows, but I don't really recall)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 31. Dec 11, 08:18

Thanks for your input,guys.
I will try that later.

Keep up the good work. Hope 3012 is a better year. :)

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 17:20

X3: Albion Prelude Version released

I dug out the old code and built a version for Albion Prelude.
Those of you who edited the TC version to get it to work with AP can just change to using this, since all that is different is the savegame location.

Note that this is not the new savegame manager. Right now that's a heap of disorganised code again :)
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 22:01

Thanks for this.

I went through a period of disarray when Java updated.

Both this and Xadrian failed to work.

Due to a mishap when reorganizing my HDs,I had to reinstall W7 64 bit.

I have just installed the latest versions of all three and works well now.
Am a happy bunny again. :D

jccpsc
x3ap

Post by jccpsc » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 16:41

Hi

I've started the campain "suicidal Squid" In Albion Prelude, I'm quite addvanced on it, I already have a war fleet, trade fleet and saveral marines very suped up. The game IS NOT MODIFIED.
My question is:
I'm thinking in sup up my pc, New MB, processor, grafics card and so on and obviously I have to instal a new windows.
Waht do I have to backup, so I can keep playing my Campaign?
Note IT'S SUICIDAL SQUID CAMPAIGN the save game is diferent fron the others.

Thanks in addvance

JCC

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 18:19

Dead-is-Dead stores the game saves on the Steam server--they're not kept on your machine at all, so there's nothing to back up! If the question then is, "will Steam on my new Windows installation pick up my old saves?", the answer is, I don't know, sorry.

jccpsc
x3ap

Post by jccpsc » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 18:46

Thanks any way.

JCC

Balhirath

Post by Balhirath » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 08:09

Excelent work MrBadger!

Very easy to use and navigate. Fast and reliable. Great features.

Wish/idea:
Export online / Import online feature - manually set access to an ftp server or other online directory to be able to one-click export your chosen campaign from your home pc and then one-click import it on your work pc or laptop and vice versa.

Thanks for an awesome save game manager.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 09:02

Balhirath wrote:Wish/idea:
Export online / Import online feature - manually set access to an ftp server or other online directory to be able to one-click export your chosen campaign from your home pc and then one-click import it on your work pc or laptop and vice versa.

Thanks for an awesome save game manager.
Glad you like it :)

The new version, which alas I am constantly having to push right to the end of a very long todo list, will make use of dropbox if people have it, for savegame transfer. I've got fair bit of the code done, but not enough for beta release.

ftp support I don't know about, sounds tricky, I'll look it up.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 03:54

When switching between different campaigns, all my interface keys get reset. It's not just a different set for different campaigns, if I switch to one, then switch back everything changes to something funny. Any ideas? I couldn't figure out where the keybinds were stored.
I fly Terran for the accents

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 07:58

That's a game issue, the savegame manager doesn't touch any actual game/config files, just the savegames. Sorry.

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 09:37

mrbadger wrote:That's a game issue, the savegame manager doesn't touch any actual game/config files, just the savegames. Sorry.
Darn. Do you know where the key config is stored? I had a look but couldn't really find anything...

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 12:26

Not sure,but you can create profiles in the controls menu from the tick icon,lower left of game screen.

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 22:54

TTD wrote:Not sure,but you can create profiles in the controls menu from the tick icon,lower left of game screen.
I have been creating/saving my own profiles, but it has been re-writing them too :cry:

Terrachova
x3tc

Post by Terrachova » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 03:50

I've glanced through the thread, and seen that a few people have had this issue I think, but I didn't see the solution if it was mentioned...

Basically, I'm trying to install this... and I get nothing. When trying to run it with java (the latest version, I made sure), it flickers onscreen for a second, then disappears, and nothing else. Whats up?

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 05:59

Terrachova wrote:I've glanced through the thread, and seen that a few people have had this issue I think, but I didn't see the solution if it was mentioned...

Basically, I'm trying to install this... and I get nothing. When trying to run it with java (the latest version, I made sure), it flickers onscreen for a second, then disappears, and nothing else. Whats up?
Don't have any antivirus that might be killing it? What version of windows?

NuclearBacklash
x3tc

Post by NuclearBacklash » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 07:35

I was having a similar issue. Thought it might be because I have both 32 and 64bit java installed. Was instead caused by having an older version installed. Apparently updating java doesn't remove the old java so you're going to have to go into Add and Remove Programs and remove the older java versions yourself. Once thats done it should work.

Terrachova
x3tc

Post by Terrachova » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 09:15

Llama wrote:
Terrachova wrote:I've glanced through the thread, and seen that a few people have had this issue I think, but I didn't see the solution if it was mentioned...

Don't have any antivirus that might be killing it? What version of windows?
Vista 64bit, and no antivirus... all I've got is Avast, and that's never caused problems for anything.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”