To All New X2 Players - Starting Out * SPOILER ? * UPDATED

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

parameter
x3tc

Even the mould has mould!

Post by parameter » Mon, 3. Dec 07, 18:45

So out of date thread! Anyway, X2, I looked in the stations I docked at for floating crates. Ejected and wandered around in stations looking in the nooks and crannies. I used to slow drive my Disco (not the Ford version!) around the interior, drive up to crates, drop shields and scoop them up. Some had money, some had illegal Spaceweed or Space Fuel or they had other very tradeable items. So watch out for the crates!
:)
Apologies to 'The_Abyss' for responding but it is this once for X2'ers
veneratio supernus omni

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Even the mould has mould!

Post by Nanook » Mon, 3. Dec 07, 22:22

parameter wrote:So out of date thread! ....
Not for those playing X2, it isn't. :P And there seems to be quite a few of them around lately. :lol:

But just to clear up this point:
Just curious....how do you strip and sell all the equipment from the Express? I just cannot get a clear answer to this....
Any equipment that's installed directly to the ship, as opposed to taking up space in the cargo bay, cannot be sold directly. Things like jumpdrives, command softwares, etc., can only be transferred to another ship. They can't be sold directly, only as part of a ship. Hope that clears things up a bit. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

parameter
x3tc

Re: Even the mould has mould!

Post by parameter » Tue, 4. Dec 07, 09:17

Nanook wrote:
parameter wrote:So out of date thread! ....
Not for those playing X2, it isn't. :P And there seems to be quite a few of them around lately. :lol:
All I can say, Nanook, is 'Grrr!' :D
I had to stop X2 when my old, pre-Intel PowerMac died :cry: and now I have latest Intel iMac running X3 'Cider' with all the mods and scripts I find I have had to ... :oops: adapt! :cry: to life in the X3 Universe.
All my wealth and possessions deleted out of existence..... :cry:

But what the heck, it is only virtual Xistence, and I do not mind helping any X v? type really.
:D
veneratio supernus omni

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Thu, 31. Jan 08, 02:58

Cheers. I only picked up X2 in a bargain bin. I had always wanted to buy it and get into the X Universe. Great game, not that I have gone very far.
The tips will help. :)

parameter
x3tc

X2 oooer!

Post by parameter » Thu, 31. Jan 08, 09:21

Happy New Year Fitzy, it took me awhile to realize the date of the original post and subsequent replies. Yes! We are always willing to help any ...cough!..erm! 'variant..cough of X Universe player.
Ah what the heck! Nowt wrong with X2 I thought it was brilliant. Ask away but let people know you are talking X2 in the header so they don't inadvertently give you X3 tips. When I played X3 first time I could only drift sideways to destination and had to reverse to get through gates...! :oops: I almost went back to X2, even if I had to buy an old Apple PowerMac. Now, of course!, :roll: I am into X3 with the best of them..Well, maybe not but I do complete the missions and face the right way.
. :lol:
veneratio supernus omni

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Wed, 26. Mar 08, 22:15

Excellent! :D

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Wed, 26. Mar 08, 23:24

Don't worry fitzy theres still plenty of us X2'ers out there always willing to help a lowly pilot on his way. :wink:
X3 bin there dune that personal HQ tons of complex's but in the end i ended up back in the X2 universe.
Don't ask me why but there's just something X2 has that X3 dosn't.
Well will see if TC will convert me.
Who knows I most certainly will give it a good airing. :wink:

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Thu, 27. Mar 08, 02:29

Spaceweed Adict wrote:Don't worry fitzy theres still plenty of us X2'ers out there always willing to help a lowly pilot on his way. :wink:
X3 bin there dune that personal HQ tons of complex's but in the end i ended up back in the X2 universe.
Don't ask me why but there's just something X2 has that X3 dosn't.
Well will see if TC will convert me.
Who knows I most certainly will give it a good airing. :wink:
Is X3 able to be played as online Multiplayer?
Will TC be?

And if not........ WHY not!!! :evil:

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Thu, 27. Mar 08, 02:59

Is X3 able to be played as online Multiplayer?
Will TC be?

And if not........ WHY not!!!
Simple anwser no.
As for TC don't know your going to have to ask the Devs at Egosoft about that. But personally I can't really see it being multiplayer as by the looks of the preview its the X3 engine and that is defo not multiplayer.

somalezulus

Post by somalezulus » Thu, 27. Mar 08, 03:46

Think of your Universe being filled with, let's say, 1000 humans. (That means allmost 8 per sector, as an average.) All of them starting broke, like you. Shooting your ships for cargo or reputation. Breaking the best roids for mobile mining before one has a chance to put a mine on it. Trying to place stations only to see them blown by others for the robbery. Do you honestly want to see that? Or will you enjoy X Universe single player in a reasonable world with decent AI?

If EGOSOFT makes this Universe multiplayer, I will not buy that game. Maybe cooperating with a few friends I have in Real would be OK. But to meet a whole bunch of greedy newbies like I was once, NO THANKS!
Ender of the Xennons, loosing fleet after fleet against the Khaak.

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 04:46

Well I have enough fun just using the cheat to understand the economics and control of ships a bit more. There are always things the manual and tutes don't teach. I have started from the beginning again, with no modding at all. Definitely I appreciate the game more now.

:P

adobis
x3tc

Post by adobis » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 09:05

Well it's a good tip you give Nanook :)

But here is another, if you're very good in fight, after selling the equipement of the Express, and that your Discoverer is full equipped, try to cap some Pirates Bayamon (I said if you're very good!) or Mandalay!

Lowkee33

Post by Lowkee33 » Tue, 22. Apr 08, 03:36

(My friend has a better computer than me, so I don't get to play X3).

I personally don't like having a plot, so I'm forced to start with a Discoverer and 1000c. I find the best way to make money is at the bulletin boards, 2k here, 3k there. I buy full storage space for the ship and make small gains when I can't find anything at the Boards. 130k later and I get a mercury, the big time :).

I like starting like this because I really know my discoverer and profit scales of the many goods.

As this is a hint thread I won't change the color here.

Equipment docks will buy whatever weapons/shields you have even if they don't sell them. Since nobody is buying the AIREs in Three Worlds, there is good profit there. 10k is a good amount of money from a 57k investment. It;s a little cheap, but so is stripping the Transport ship.

Peace and Love

Coolio101
x3ap

Post by Coolio101 » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 20:23

I dont know how to sell stuff from the express. When i try to it says product not bought. Should i try other stations?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 20:44

Yes, you should. Stations buy resources and sell products. Note that shields aren't a resource for anything, so you'll need to sell those at an equipment dock.

Coolio101
x3ap

Post by Coolio101 » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 21:40

Hmm let me see if i got this straight. Im playing mission 2, i pick up the scientists. Once i get back to Argon Prime, i dock at shipyard and sell all my stuff on the Express? Or just dump it into space?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 21:49

Just dock at TerraCorp, where the scientists are supposed to go. But before contacting Elena Kho, sell the gear from the ship. Terracorp is basically an equipment dock, and should buy everything you can sell. Remember, though, that you can't sell extensions or software of any type. You'll need to transfer those to another ship if you want to keep them. BTW, you can't sell equipment at a shipyard. Shipyards only buy ships.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 23:35

Coolio101 wrote:Hmm let me see if i got this straight. Im playing mission 2, i pick up the scientists. Once i get back to Argon Prime, i dock at shipyard and sell all my stuff on the Express? Or just dump it into space?
There's another mission later where you get an even better ship. Again this should be stripped bare before you give it back.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

adobis
x3tc

Post by adobis » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 23:35

More over if you're a good pilot and that you have the fully equipped Discoverer, you can try to cap a pirate Bayamon :roll:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 23:46

Or put an APSG in the rear turret of that Express, and try to cap a few of the 'super' pirates that attack you in that mission. If you're lucky, you can get some pretty awesome Bayamons and Orinocos. A 300+ m/s pirate Orinoco with 32 engine tunings is probably the best fighter you'll get in vanilla X2. A 412 m/s Bayamon is nothing to turn your nose up at, either. :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”